Welcome to Carbapalooza ~ Oct 2016 Dining Report - Completed 8/13 (Updates x18, OMG!)

Beach Club Marketplace
Disney's Beach Club Resort
Friday, October 22, 2016
Breakfast

20161022_071422.jpg

Breakfast Sandwich with Bacon, Scrambled Eggs and Cheese. Served with Potato Casserole.

The sandwich was actually pretty disappointing. It's hard to mess up a breakfast this simple, but it was all kinda lukewarm and dry and tasteless. I vividly recall just sorta chewing my way through it just to get come sustenance in my belly to start my day. The potatoes were good, though! Oh, and the service was terrible... The CMs doing working the serving line were really quite rude and dismissive. I ain't about that when I'm at Disney.

Surprising to nobody, I did not return here to eat during my Beach Club stay!

Last edited:
That's good to know. We might skip it and just grab something in France instead later this month. The potatoes look good though. Carbs! How come there's no drooling emoji:)

Yeah, no offense but that looks yucky. The eggs look super watery so I have a feeling the bread would be soggy too. No bueno! :(

I'm loving your report!!!

We stayed at the Beach Club last March and only ate at the market once- our very first night and were pretty disappointed too. The service was really good for us but the food wasn't.

Well that's disappointing! Come to think of it, we didn't eat at the Marketplace at all during the 5 nights we were at the Beach Club. Good to know we weren't missing out on anything!

Well our experience wasn't that bad last month, but I agree your sandwich does NOT look appetizing :( Ricky got it once and wasn't a fan, and there was one morning the Marketplace CM's were definitely not acting in a friendly way.
Luckily there are many better things to eat in the World, and I'm sure you found them!

Sorry to hear you had not so good service and unappetizing food. We had planned on eating here when we stay at BC next fall. I think we will pass. Thanks for the review!

I'm a carboholic!! Just dropped 30! Wish I could drop another 50 before my trip but 10 is more realistic enough since it's a month and a half away! So happy for you and your progress! I have the dining plan and looking forward to eating is getting me through this hell of a diet. Hopefully the walking will keep me in check! Looking forward to your updates!

Yikes and Yuck. Boo Beach Club!!! At least you had a good view :-)

That's good to know. We might skip it and just grab something in France instead later this month. The potatoes look good though. Carbs! How come there's no drooling emoji:)
Definitely skip it! Much better carbs to be had at Epcot and the Boardwalk!

Yeah, no offense but that looks yucky. The eggs look super watery so I have a feeling the bread would be soggy too. No bueno! :(
Why would I be offended by that?! I didn't make it! Hahaha. For real though, it was gross!

What exactly is potato casserole? Glad it was better than the sandwich at least...but that's too bad both on a food and service front...
Basically taters and cheese and I think there might have been finely diced onions. I like it!

I'm loving your report!!!

We stayed at the Beach Club last March and only ate at the market once- our very first night and were pretty disappointed too. The service was really good for us but the food wasn't.
I'm glad you at least had good service! The cashiers were great, but the servers on the line were rude!

Well that's disappointing! Come to think of it, we didn't eat at the Marketplace at all during the 5 nights we were at the Beach Club. Good to know we weren't missing out on anything!
You didn't miss anything at all!

Well our experience wasn't that bad last month, but I agree your sandwich does NOT look appetizing :( Ricky got it once and wasn't a fan, and there was one morning the Marketplace CM's were definitely not acting in a friendly way.
Luckily there are many better things to eat in the World, and I'm sure you found them!
Oh boy, did I even find them, hahaha.

Sorry to hear you had not so good service and unappetizing food. We had planned on eating here when we stay at BC next fall. I think we will pass. Thanks for the review!
I definitely recommend passing. Like Ariane said, there's MUCH better things to eat in the World!

I'm a carboholic!! Just dropped 30! Wish I could drop another 50 before my trip but 10 is more realistic enough since it's a month and a half away! So happy for you and your progress! I have the dining plan and looking forward to eating is getting me through this hell of a diet. Hopefully the walking will keep me in check! Looking forward to your updates!
I'm still trying to lose a good chunk of the vacation weight, hahaha. The holidays + my birthday have been making it super hard!

Fair review - alas, even Disney cannot be perfect all of the time. I may have to make a homemade potato casserole though, after you mentioned that. I think it would be pretty yummy in our cold snap here.
Send me some! I'm too lazy to make it! (Plus I'm not allowed to have it on my diet, but HEY, it would be rude to turn down a gift, right?!)

Yikes and Yuck. Boo Beach Club!!! At least you had a good view :-)
Yep. Now I know... Stay away! Next time I stay at BC or even YC, I'll ditch their counter service option for breakfast and just head over to the Boardwalk Bakery.

Yak & Yeti
Animal Kingdom
Friday, October 22, 2016
Lunch

So despite having just eaten here on my last trip in December 2015, I had to come back for a do-over. I made some choice ordering mistakes (including passing over on the wontons for dessert), and I was given enough crap about it here on the DIS (ahem @kastoney ) to convince me to come back and correct my errors in judgement!

I started with a liquor drink, because day drinking while on vacation is always a good decision:

20161022_112531-1.jpg

Big Bamboo: Parriot Bay Coconut Rum, Don Q Cristal Rum, Banana Liquor, and Tropical Fruit Juices.

I struggled over what to order for my appetizer, but finally decided on...

20161022_112854-1.jpg

Firecracker Shrimp: Crispy fried shrimp in a creamy, spicy sauce (but I had them put it on the side because I'm a total wuss about spicy stuff).

These were super weird without the sauce, so even though it was spicy, I did end up using small amounts of it to give them some extra flavor!

20161022_114424-1.jpg

Bhaktapur Duck: Roasted half ducking, plum BBQ sauce, jasmine rice, stir-fried vegetables (of which I requested mushrooms only).

This was surprisingly delicious! I used the sauce mostly on the rice and mushrooms all mixed up, and it was perfect. The duck was crispy on the outside and juicy and tender inside, and the glaze on it was just lovely. I quite enjoyed this!

And then, of course, the MAIN EVENT...

20161022_120818-1.jpg

Fried Wontons: Skewers of fresh pineapple and cream cheese wontons, vanilla ice cream, honey-vanilla drizzle.

Okay, fine. I concede. This were freakin' excellent. I'm not even a big fruit person, and enjoyed this. The wontons were perfectly warm and delicious, and the ice cream and vanilla sauce were the perfect compliment for them. FORMER MISTAKE RECTIFIED. Yum.

That shrimp doesn't even look like it's cooked. :( The duck looks really good though and those wontons....yum!!

That's too bad about BC Marketplace. Good thing there are many other excellent options in the area.
Yep! From now on I'm just heading straight to the Boardwalk Bakery for quick-service breakfast if I'm staying in any Epcot area resort!

FINALLY! Glad you enjoyed them. But 2 more skewers would be even better.
I couldn't possibly agree more!

That shrimp doesn't even look like it's cooked. :( The duck looks really good though and those wontons....yum!!
I think it was just the breading, they were coated in a VERY light tempura batter. The batter just didn't have any seasoning in it (since they're meant to be tossed in the spicy sauce), hence the overall blandness of the shrimp. They were most definitely cooked all the way through, though!

Ughhhhh. So annoying! I was seated in the bowling alley also, by the way. I had a couple to my left who were so close I felt like I was sitting with them... Super awkward. There was a family to my right who was playing videos and stuff on their phone with the volume turned way up to entertain their toddler... Which is pretty much a huge pet peeve of mine in restaurants. Damn bowling alley seating.

I think this is my new #1 pet peeve after people who chew with their mouth open!!! Nobody else wants to hear your childs shows, or games in public. Heck even at home I make sure my grandkids use their headphones on their tablets because we all do not want to hear it.

Totally giving this a try on my next visit! Got to try that drink and the wontons!! The shrimp look frozen! Glad to read thy were cooked though! I've heard good things about the tuna nachos so that's what I want to try as a main dish when I go!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter