• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Weather... 60% rain everyday?

Mckys#1Fan

Mouseketeer
We will be there Oct 1-6... Each day's forecast is for 60% rain.

Is this time of year a total wash out when there is a forcast like this or possibly just the afternoon thundershowers?

Either way, we will have our ponchos and just go with it if it is... Just trying to prepare myself!!

Thanks!!

You likely won't see any showers. If you do they'll be in the afternoon and won't last long.

People worry WAYYYY too much about the forecasts. Unless it's 100% chance of rain and you see a huge storm heading your way in a few hours, then don't worry at all. And just like Disney hours more than 30 days out, you're looking too far at the weather forecast for the rain.

The only time I look at the weather more than 24 hours out is to see what the temperatures will be like. Looking at the rain forecast 24 hours or more away is just a shot in the dark.

So bring windbreakers or ponchos on your trip, but plan for far more sun than rain

We just got back last week and everyday the next day's forecast usually said 50-80% chance of rain and then we would wake up and it was down to 10-20%. We only got rained on once and it was only for 10 mins and it wasn't very heavy so don't worry too much about the forecast! It changes by the min! Just bring ponchos just in case and stick it out! It usually doesn't last long :) A lot of people clear out when it rains so if you stick around you will get the benefits!

60% (or more) chance of rain in central FL is a typical daily forecast for 365 days a year.
That simply means somewhere it will likely rain for a few minutes. I may even rain in Tomorrow Land but never see a drop in Adventure Land.

Stop looking at the weather forecast. Nothing good can come of it.

haha so right!! we were looking before we went and after we got there we stopped looking! it was just going to be hot and a chance of rain in the afternoon!!!

The Weather Channel overstates the chance of rain.

Las trip to Orlando, we had similar forecasts and didn't have an issue until the last day when we were at the beach.

We will be there Oct 1-6... Each day's forecast is for 60% rain.
Sounds about right. All that means is that there is a 60% chance of some rain on those dates. It does not mean that it will rain 60% of the day. More likely is that there will be a "daily afternoon thunderstorm" that will form quickly and quickly dissipate. I live 2 miles from the MK castle and afternoon thunderstorms are just a fact of life from May through October.

I too have been checking the weather forecast in Orlando and get concerned about the high chance of hurricanes announcements expected for Florida for October. I should just stay away from looking at the dismal predications. Flying there in two weeks from the mid-west.

We were there for 9 days in mid Sept. Wore our ponchos twice - once was for Julia as she crossed over FL (unnamed at the time) forecast every day was for rain. On Julia's day weather said it would start bucketing rain at noon - rain did not show up until around 6 pm! Take your ponchos and don't worry about it :-)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter