We Tried Child Swap but Ended up with the Same Child (March 2016) Updated 9/11 JTT

soniam

Wooden leg named Smith...
Introduction

This is a trip report for our WDW and Universal trip in March 11-20, 2016. This report will mainly cover WDW, but I will have a link to my Universal report. We did Universal first, so I will write that up first.

Goal:
Universal - 2.5 days staying at Hard Rock Hotel
WDW - 6.5 days staying at Caribbean Beach Resort
Our main goal at WDW was to see as much Star Wars as we could. We had originally planned to go to Star Wars Weekends in June, until that was cancelled. Here's our Pre-trip Report.

Cast:
Me, DH, and DS now 10. This was our 4th trip to WDW as a family and our 2nd to Universal. Below you can see our Xmas card with us in our ugly Xmas Star Wars shirts and our Epcot monorail set.

DSC_0100_024.JPG

What's Exciting Me Lately:
I have recently started listening to the Podcasts regularly. Today, I started the Connecting with Walt podcast, and I am very excited to hear them. I love the history behind the parks and Walt himself. I have also been obsessively listening to Subsonic Radio, particularly the Main Street and Requests channels. Nothing puts a smile on my face like listening to MK background music.

Last edited:
Obamageddon!!!

Airforce One at Austin Bergstrom International Airport

DSC_2436_2_01.JPG

We had the potential for a perfect storm on our journey to the airport Friday afternoon.

• It was the beginning of Spring Break for almost the entire city.
  • It was also the start of South by Southwest, one of the largest music, film, and interactive conferences/festivals in the US.
  • Most importantly, President Obama was speaking that night at the conference.
I have no problems with President Obama, as long as he doesn't visit Austin. The last time he visited, traffic was tied up all day for hours due to road closures:sad2: We pulled DS out of school 30 minutes early to allow more time. We were set to fly out about 5pm. Obama had arrived earlier in the day and wasn't speaking until the evening. Whew! Dogged that bullet, and the traffic wasn't bad at all. Check in and security went well too. We got food at one of our favorite BBQs, The Salt Lick, and ice cream from our favorite place, Amy's Ice Cream. If you ever fly into/out of Austin, the food in the airport is pretty awesome:) The plane left on-time too. The Force was with us for sure:yoda:

Last edited:

So fun, can't wait to read all about it!

Thanks for joining

I'm here! Love your title! And love your Christmas card photo! That is epic!

Unfortunately, our family and friends were a bad target for the shirts and Contemporary. Some were surprised that we would wear Star Wars shirts in our Xmas photo. I figure why not. We did see it on Xmas day for the first time. They couldn't tell what the Contemporary was, and most of them didn't know what it was once we told them:confused3

Unfortunately, our family and friends were a bad target for the shirts and Contemporary. Some were surprised that we would wear Star Wars shirts in our Xmas photo. I figure why not. We did see it on Xmas day for the first time. They couldn't tell what the Contemporary was, and most of them didn't know what it was once we told them:confused3

Um Wow! I guess not everyone can be as cool as us. It must be sad living in their world. lol

the title pulled me in, and I'm definitely gonna stay! loved the Christmas card, too.

As for your luckily avoided potential drama on departure day -- I live in the DC suburbs, and work in DC, and at least once a week someone is late somewhere, and the excuse is "Sorry, motorcade".

Following along! Wish you'd gotten to keep your June trip (for obvious reasons), but am excited to be able to live vicariously through another mid-March trip, since we were there at the same time as you last year.

Thanks for joining

LOVE your Christmas card, and the sweaters put it over the top. It sounds like you need some new friends. Just kidding! (sort of... ;))

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter