~We seldom report of having eaten too little~Sept 2010~COMPLETED 10/21~

TY so much for letting me know about PIZZA!!! We are going there in Nov for dinner and maybe lunch LOL

Hope you love Fultons as much as we do, I swear DH dreams about that place....hope you are having a wonderful time!

California Grill - September 5th

So sorry that the major updates have been few and far between! :rolleyes1

It is very hot here (about 100 with the humidity) and that can really drain you!

For tonight, I will review the California Grill :)

Firstly, we weren't able to get Ron as our server :sad2: but we ended up with another fantastic server, Roberto!

Our table was right by the window, in the section behind the lounge.

We started out with some sushi:

ry%3D400

Two shrimp tempura rolls and One spicy kazan roll

ry%3D400

Close up

As usual, Yoshie's sushi was divine! (We will be back tomorrow night, just for sushi :thumbsup2)

ry%3D400

Wonderful sourdough bread with sea salted butter

I had the Pork Tenderloin and Goat Cheese Polenta
ry%3D400

As always, this was fantastic and the polenta seemed extra creamy :cloud9:

DMom had a double portion of the Sonoma Goat Cheese Ravioli
ry%3D400

DDad and I were lucky that she shared with us :goodvibes

DDad had the Crispy Rock Shrimp Salad and the Lobster Salad
ry%3D400

ry%3D400

At the end of the evening, Roberto brought us a slice of rich chocolate cake and three glasses of champagne in celebration of DMom and DDad's anniversary :lovestruc
ry%3D400

We were wayyy too full to even consider dessert, but we plan to try a few tomorrow night! :thumbsup2

All in all it was another wonderful meal at the California Grill. It remains one of our favorite restaurants on WDW property!

Menu 09-05-10

Brick Oven Fired Flatbreads

Triple Cheese...Pecorino, Asiago, and Provolone with Sun-dried Tomatoes and Arugula Pesto $12

BBQ Chicken with Triple Cheese, Corn, and Red Bell Pepper Marmalade, and Fingerling Potato "Chips" $13

Grilled Flat Iron Steak with Peach Compote, Vidalia Onion Rings, Tillamook Cheddar, and Petite Arugula $13

"Chef's Garden" Heirloom Tomatoes with Baby Mozzarella, Balsamic Onions and Micro Basil $13

Sushi

Yellowfin Tuna Three Ways...Poke, Tartare, and Tataki $23

Sashimi...Yellowfin Tuna, Salmon, and Hiramasa $21

Tempura Bonsai Roll...Tuna, Avocado, Chive, Jicama, Sweet Onion Sauce, Wasabi Cream $22

Double Crunch Rainbow Roll...Tuna, Hirasama, Mango, Jicama and Spicy Teriyaki Sauce $22

"Snake in the Grass"...Barbecue Eel with Shrimp Tempura, Avocado, and Cucumber $26

Spicy Kazan Roll...Crab Shrimp, Bay Scallops, Tuna and Fireball Sauce $22

California Roll...Jumbo Lump Crab with Avocado and Cucumber $22

Yoshie's Deluxe Sushi Platter...Maki and Nigiri $28

First Course

Summer Tomato Gazpacho Soup, Roasted Rock Shrimp, and Lime Creme Fraiche $11

Crispy Asian Rock Shrimp Salad with Asian Pears, Red Onions, Soy Reduction, and Wasabi Cream $17

Roasted Heirloom Beets, Fennel, Citrus, Spiced Pecans, Beet Vinaigrette, and Honey Chevre "Croutons" $14

Heirloom Tomato and Marinated Eggplant Salad with Tiny Arugula, Manchego, Sherry Vinegar Caramel $15

Maine Lobster Salad with Sugar Snack Tomatoes, Hearts of Palm, Avocado, and Tomato Water Vinaigrette $18

Hearts of Romaine with Roasted Garlic Dressing, Marinated Anchovies, Olives, Aged Parmesan and Croutons $11

Sonoma Goat Cheese Ravioli with Sun-dried Tomatoes, Pesto, Shiitake Mushrooms and Basil $14

Main Course

Grilled Pork Tenderloin with Goat Cheese Polenta, Button Mushrooms, Zinfandel Glaze and Sage $34

House-made Potato and Cheese Ravioli with Brentwood Corn Puree, Summer Squash, Vidalias, Black Truffle $28

Pan-roasted Wild Line Caught Halibut with "Stir-fry" vegetables, Sticky Rice and Ginger-Soy-Hijiki Broth $38

Crispy Seared Chicken with Olive Oil Crushed Potatoes, Chorizo Succotash, Green Tomato Marmalade and Sherry Jus $33

Seared White Bass, Lobster Mushrooms, Baby Brussel sprouts, Brentwood Corn, Chipotle Salsa, Tomato Vinaigrette $36

Herb-grilled Lamb Chops with Kiln-dried Carbanzo Beans, Summer Vegetable Vinaigrette, and Mint Chimichurri $44

Pan Seared Florida Snapper with Roasted Fig Risotto Wild Forest Mushrooms, and Pinot Noir Reduction $36

Oak-fired Filet of Beef with "Loaded" Mashed Potatoes, Broccolini, and Teriyaki Barbecue Sauce $44

I might really have to try the sushi the next time I eat at CA Grill.

I'm so glad you loved Via Napoli! Dh and I are going there for a date night. Dh liked the thought of pizza and beer :). And I'm drooling over that sushi and the California Grill. Question, the Spicy Kazan roll is very popular on here. Although I've had raw fish before, I usually prefer cooked sushi like shrimp tempura (which I do plan to try at the CG). I know the Spicy Kazan roll has raw components. Does it taste raw? That probably doesn't make any sense at all, but hopefully you get what I'm asking. I can't wait to eat there either!

Loving your reviews....and it's making me very excited for my trip, which is in 3 weeks time! Keep it coming.......

I definately want to give California Grill a try... maybe once the kids are older and DH and I can sneak away :)

Ohhhhhhhhh California Grill is my faaaaavorite!!! :love: I am so hungry looking at those sushi pictures, I can hardly think straight. You captured my two favorite rolls in the entire world in one picture - I can hardly stand it. Seriously, I might need to lie down.

Okay, I'm calm now. ;) I cannot accurately express how happy I am that you reviewed this restaurant, and so well too! I've heard such great things about that pork dish, I'm *almost* tempted to forego my usual sushi entree in favor of it. Well I have 12 days to decide! :laughing:

Oh I cant wait! We will be at Via Nappoli for lunch Sat and Calli Grill just for sushi and flat bread Tue! Thanks so much for the wonderful reivews while your on vacation!!

Loving the reviews. Sounds like you are have a great trip. My wife and I will be arriving Saturday for 8 nights. We also have reservations at CG Tuesday night. Hoping to catch the MNSSHP fireworks.

I love sushi and eat it often here at home. Is the CG sushi so much better then you get at home?

I'm so sorry for the lack of updates guys!! It has been a very busy couple of days and shutterfly has been soooo slow in uploading.

I have lots of pics and reviews coming up, but the soonest I'll be able to update is tomorrow!

A latecomer here (just finished reading your reviews from the very beginning) & wanted to let you know that I'm really enjoying your updates. I thought it was funny that you started off with a review of Cracker Barrel. To me, I truly know that our vacation has started when we eat at one along the drive down from Indiana.

Looking forward to more reviews & live updates (I'm following your blog, too) since they're getting me excited for my own upcoming trip with my oldest son (25) in late Nov./early Dec.

Hi all!

We are at Epcot for our last evening and to show how insanely low the crowds are, we walked up to Le Cellier at 5:10, a party of 3 adults and......

WE GOT IN!!!

I nearly died of shock! Dinner was fantastic :)

Hi all!

We are at Epcot for our last evening and to show how insanely low the crowds are, we walked up to Le Cellier at 5:10, a party of 3 adults and......

WE GOT IN!!!

What good luck you have! And during free dining too! There must be a lot of no shows.

Hi Guys!

We are enjoying our last meal at WDW for this trip, lunch at Kona Cafe and I have figured out how to post full reviews from my phone!

Dad's Kona Club Sandwich
e61e9e18.jpg

Mom's Kona Salad with Chicken
c4843d5f.jpg

My Grilled Teriyaki Steak
5ba8a0ff.jpg

Hi all!

WE GOT IN!!!

Awesome. I'm hoping to get a lunch reservation there by walking up at 11:30.

Hi everyone! I am back (going through serious withdrawal, but so happy to be returning in 42 days!!) and I finally have the chance to update!

First off, I am so sorry that the updates became few and far between. The internet at the Polynesian was sooooo slow! I would get back to the room by 10pm and try to upload pictures (maybe 15 or so) and by 11:30pm they still wouldn't be finished :headache:

Secondly, now I can reply to all your wonderful comments

I love Cracker Barrel. Safe travels and can't wait to read more yummy

Thanks so much! Cracker Barrel is the traditional start to our vacations.

Looking forward to live reports! Hope you have a great trip!!

We had a wonderful trip, one of the very best!

Mmmm the cornbread and biscuit look tasty! Can't wait to read more reviews. :)

The cornbread was actually a bit disappointing. I like sweet cornbread and this was much more savory than I am used to.

Love me some Cracker Barrel! We have one right down the street from us...DH is addicted to their beef stew and I just love it all :love:

Oh my goodness! If I had a Cracker Barrel right down the street it would be very dangerous

Going to Cracker Barrel for breafast Mon morning.. they have a yogurt parfet, turkey sausage, egg and muffin brealfast I love, cant wait..lol

Mmmmm! Now I want Cracker Barrel breakfast...:)

All the food looks yummy !!!I think my fav was the breakfast pizza at WPE!!!!!

That breakfast pizza is one of the best things I have ever tasted!

Im sooo in! I love LIVE updates! and foood!!!!!!

Cant wait for more!

Thanks for reading!

Love your reviews! Can't wait to hear the rest!

More reviews coming up asap

I'm in and can't wait to read about via Napoli :).

Via Napoli was outstanding! Amazing pizza :worship:

omg that corn flake french toast looks amazing. we had a bad experience our 1st time at ltt may have to give it another try. looking forward to more.

The crispy cornflake french toast reminds me of a churro on crack LOL. We have always had great experiences at LTT for lunch.

Hi Meg! I've always enjoyed your reviews. I'm 26 and always travel with my parents, so I feel a kinship with you. ;) I've only been able to convince them to try the signature restaurants recently; they're total foodies and were sort of wary of Disney restaurants, no doubt remembering the sort of lackluster meals they had when my sister and I were younger and they used to take us to character meals/random world showcase pavilion restaurants. We also had an eh experience at Shula's, which didn't help.

Anyway, it's been going a bit better. We went to Citricos last trip, which was a modest hit (food was deemed very nice, location was deemed excellent--in fact, now dad wants to try Narcoosees, I think just because it LOOKS pretty). My dad has already made a list of restaurants he would like to try on the two week trip my parents are taking in March (one week with their best friends, one week with me and MY best friend).

This October we'll be trying Cali Grill for the first time, and I really want it to be a good experience. Any tips? Should we ask for Ron? Request a window seat? We have a 7:30 reservation, and the Hallowishes fireworks are at 9:30.

Hi!!

First off, thank you so much for reading! California Grill is absolutely our favorite signature restaurant. Everything from the flatbreads, to the sushi, the appetizers, entrees and desserts are phenomenal.

Unfortunately, we didn't get a chance to see Ron this trip :confused3 but we had two fantastic servers (Roberto and Steven). We have never had a bad server or a bad experience. Requesting a window seat will sometimes extend your wait for a table, but it is worth it because the views are stunning. Enjoy your meal and I'd love to hear how it turns out! :)

Love you updates...popcorn::

Thanks!

Great review !! Was the Onion soup Hot at Chef's ?? Last time I had it , it was luke warm !!Tasty but I like it piping hot !!

Yes, both times I had the French Onion Soup this trip is was lovely and hot.

Anxiously awaiting! BTW... how hot is it there right now?

It was pretty hot, about 95 at noon/1ish each day. We only found one or two days to be incredibly hot, the rest were hot but bearable.

so glad I found this!!! we check into the Poly Club level on saturday the 11th your report can give me something to do this week instead of go crazy waiting!!!

Hope you are enjoying your Poly CL stay!! We loved ours :lovestruc

So do we! We will be checking in very early tho! Cant wait!

Hope you are having a fantastic trip :goodvibes

LOVED the updates, thank you so much for sharing the offerings at the Poly CL I was very curious since we arrive this weekend!

The offerings were pretty consistent with the list provided by concierge, there were a few slight variations. We found the offerings to be plentiful, hot and very tasty.

Your pics of the Poly CL lounge are bringing back wonderful memories of our stay there last Nov....I can actually imagine us sitting there drinking, snacking and looking out at MK. If that ain't heaven I don't know what is!

Oh I know! We are so missing Poly CL right now :(

Can't wait to hear your thoughts on via napoli. I have an adr next month that I can't decide if i want to keep or not (it is an "extra" )

You should definitely keep it! Very yummy!

I haven't read through all the posts, just the first page! LOVE your rating system! SO unique an apporperate!

The rating system is actually meant for the F&W trip (in 42 days) but I'm so glad you like it!

Where do I find these?:confused3

The Grey Goose Lemon Slush and the Grand Marnier Orange Slush are available at the wine booth in France. During the Food & Wine Festival they also add a Cosmopolitan Slush :thumbsup2

Can't wait for your reviews! Chris and I are trying Via Napoli and Fulton's in October. :)

Hey hun!! OMG you will love Via Napoli. We didn't end up at Fulton's after all :rotfl: but rather at Jiko.

In France next to the Crepe stand, right in the main walkway along the water...there is a wonderful booze stand!

Thanks Nicki!

TY so much for letting me know about PIZZA!!! We are going there in Nov for dinner and maybe lunch LOL

Hope you love Fultons as much as we do, I swear DH dreams about that place....hope you are having a wonderful time!

You will definitely love Via Napoli. I swear, we will try Fulton's at some point LOL.

I might really have to try the sushi the next time I eat at CA Grill.

The sushi is the main reason that I keep going back to CG, it is out of this world.

I'm so glad you loved Via Napoli! Dh and I are going there for a date night. Dh liked the thought of pizza and beer :). And I'm drooling over that sushi and the California Grill. Question, the Spicy Kazan roll is very popular on here. Although I've had raw fish before, I usually prefer cooked sushi like shrimp tempura (which I do plan to try at the CG). I know the Spicy Kazan roll has raw components. Does it taste raw? That probably doesn't make any sense at all, but hopefully you get what I'm asking. I can't wait to eat there either!

The Spicy Kazan Roll doesn' taste "raw" at all. The crab and shrimp are the predominant flavors and textures. The amount of tuna (raw element) is very small.

Loving your reviews....and it's making me very excited for my trip, which is in 3 weeks time! Keep it coming.......

Thanks for reading :goodvibes

I definately want to give California Grill a try... maybe once the kids are older and DH and I can sneak away :)

We have seen lots of children at CG! Consider bringing them, they have a great kids menu!

Ohhhhhhhhh California Grill is my faaaaavorite!!! :love: I am so hungry looking at those sushi pictures, I can hardly think straight. You captured my two favorite rolls in the entire world in one picture - I can hardly stand it. Seriously, I might need to lie down.

Okay, I'm calm now. ;) I cannot accurately express how happy I am that you reviewed this restaurant, and so well too! I've heard such great things about that pork dish, I'm *almost* tempted to forego my usual sushi entree in favor of it. Well I have 12 days to decide! :laughing:

Oh I cant wait! We will be at Via Nappoli for lunch Sat and Calli Grill just for sushi and flat bread Tue! Thanks so much for the wonderful reivews while your on vacation!!

*Fans you* Breathing now? Hehe! That dinner was divine! Those two rolls are the perfect meal (and I was fortunate enough to have them again two nights later).

Loving the reviews. Sounds like you are have a great trip. My wife and I will be arriving Saturday for 8 nights. We also have reservations at CG Tuesday night. Hoping to catch the MNSSHP fireworks.

I love sushi and eat it often here at home. Is the CG sushi so much better then you get at home?

Yes, absolutely yes! The sushi at CG is better than anything I can get at home!

A latecomer here (just finished reading your reviews from the very beginning) & wanted to let you know that I'm really enjoying your updates. I thought it was funny that you started off with a review of Cracker Barrel. To me, I truly know that our vacation has started when we eat at one along the drive down from Indiana.

Looking forward to more reviews & live updates (I'm following your blog, too) since they're getting me excited for my own upcoming trip with my oldest son (25) in late Nov./early Dec.

Thanks for following my blog :thumbsup2

What good luck you have! And during free dining too! There must be a lot of no shows.

I know! I couldn't believe it! We got a great table too, and only had to wait 5 minutes to be seated :eek:

Wow! Amazing!!!

It was shocking!

Awesome. I'm hoping to get a lunch reservation there by walking up at 11:30.

I think that walking up right at opening (11:30 as you said) is the best bet.

I do hear lots of people take kids there but I wouldn't want mine to be the loud one :rofl:

On our upcoming trip my sister is going with us and has offered to stay with the kids one evening so hopefully we will go to CG for our dinner alone :)

Updated October ADRs

Well, I am back from one trip (and still have reviews to write for it!! :eek:) but I'm changing plans for the next :rotfl:

DDad and I were able to modify our flights, changing our arrival from Monday night at 11pm to Sunday afternoon at 2pm! :yay: We were also able to modify our return flight, from Tuesday at 8am to Tuesday at 2pm :goodvibes

Here is our updated itinerary/ADRs:

October 24th (Arrival Day, staying 1 night at the Marriott Grande Vista)
BREAKFAST: Toronto International Airport
LUNCH: Red Lobster
DINNER: Romano's Macaroni Grill

October 25th (Check-in Coronado)
BREAKFAST: Main Street Bakery
LUNCH: Liberty Tree Tavern
DINNER: Chefs de France (appetizers only)/F&W Festival Booths

October 26th
BREAKFAST: Cafe Rix
LUNCH: Flame Tree BBQ
DINNER: California Grill

October 27th
LUNCH: Garden View Tea
DINNER: Hacienda de San Angel (pending ADR)/F&W Festival Booths

October 28th (DMom's Birthday)
[B]LUNCH: F&W Festival Booths
DINNER:[/B] Victoria & Albert's

October 29th
LUNCH: Yak & Yeti
DINNER: Via Napoli (share 2 pizzas)/F&W Festival Booths

October 30th
LUNCH: F&W Festival Booths/Taste, Shake & Indulge
DINNER: F&W Festival Booths

October 31st (MNSSHP)
LUNCH: Wolfgang Puck Express
DINNER: Ohana

November 1st
LUNCH: Columbia Harbor House
DINNER: F&W Festival Booths

November 2nd
LUNCH: Orlando International Airport

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter