We loved breakfast at the Wave!

ShannonMB

DIS Veteran
DD (15) and I were just at the World for a quick mother-daughter trip. What a great time we had! We went without the dining plan and/or a lot of ADRs this time, which left us open to decide the night before that we felt like a nice breakfast the next morning. I had read some good things here about the Wave at the Contemporary resort, so I went in to MDE and booked us for the next morning.

Wow, was that a great breakfast!! They offered a menu, but we both enjoy a breakfast buffet so we knew we would go that route. We weren't disappointed!

First in the line was little square glasses filled with different fruits (a typical one with melon, berries and grapes I believe, then a tropical one that had pieces of lychee). Cool, fresh and tasty. Next there were little pre-made yogurt parfaits in those same cute little square glasses. Various pastries, including DD's favorite croissants, and bagels with cream cheese.

Scrambled eggs, individual egg white veggie frittatas, eggs benedict, scrambled eggs, sausage, bacon, and cheesy hash browns. All of it fresh, plentiful, and really pretty elegant!

We really, really enjoyed this breakfast! We had breakfast at Tusker House the day before, and while we enjoyed it and loved the characters, now that DD is growing up a bit it was really nice to have a quiet, delicious breakfast before hitting the parks. It was substantially less expensive than a character meal. And even though it was a more sedate/relaxing environment than, say, Chef Mickey's, there were several little kids there so don't let having littles stop you from checking it out! :flower1:

So excited for this one! We're booked for our first morning, before heading over to MK!

What a great review! I have yet to try it but have heard many positive reviews, going to have to put it on my must try list.

Thanks for the review! We'll be there next Saturday for breakfast and I was just second-guessing my decision. Not now!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter