We just returned from YC - feedback please

CollegePrgm2000

Earning My Ears
After staying with my cast member SIL and brother for a few days we spent our last night at YC so our kiddos could enjoy the (amazing!!) pool. Upon check in we were offered an upgrade to club level for $80 additional and we said "Yes! Absolutely!".

We were taken to our room, introduced to the concierge staff and toured the club lounge. Fine. Great. Room very nice (no official view but we were surprised we could watch HS fireworks from the balcony - super cool!). However, the club level lounge food offerings were nothing like I expected. As my sister in law is a cast member we have been able to stay in the Sugarloaf building at GF and Concierge at Disneyland Hotel (we are moderate resort level people in our "real" lives - haha). The concierge lounges at GF and DH were A-M-AZ-I-N-G = food was plentiful, gourmet, well stocked throughout the day. The YC club level for midday/lunch time offered potato chips, hummus, crackers, chocolate covered pretzels, trail mix and cookies. No veggies, fruit, finger sandwiches (for example both GF and DH had Uncrustables for kids). In the evening the selection was a little better but NOTHING like GF. So disappointing! If we had paid full price for a club level room I would be very upset. Is it normal to have such variation between club level lounges?

This is not good to hear especially since we are strongly considering club level May '17. There should be much better offerings for the prices charged.

Very disappointing to hear but thanks for the honest review.

Carla

This is not good to hear especially since we are strongly considering club level May '17. There should be much better offerings for the prices charged.

Very disappointing to hear but thanks for the honest review.

Carla

I'm sure other people have had different experiences with YC club level and maybe what we experienced is not the norm. However, it was completely night and day between GF Sugarloaf and YC for almost the same $. My husband and I agree we would stay at the YC again for the amazing pool and ability to walk to Epcot but would not spend extra $ for club.

Yes, that's typical based on our experience at WL CL as opposed to the GF RPC.

We especially thought the WL continental breakfast REALLY skimpy compared with that at the GF. I know it's majorly picky of me, but I found the packets of butter at WL tacky compared with the bowl of molded balls of butter at the RPC. Also, WL had only Smuckers preserves rather than Dickinson's at the GF. Smuckers makes reasonably good preserves but not as flavorful as Dickinson's, IMO.

Friends I've talked with who've stayed at YC said the variety was substantially less there although there were a few of the resort-specific goodies they enjoyed.

Can't count how many times I've seen people say, "Nothing else comes close to the GF lounges."

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter