We have all the food in The World...PTR - update - for the love of CG!

mamaboogie

DIS Veteran
Hello Everyone!:wave2:

Ten years after my first ever trip to WDW and four years since I was last there, I am returning. And of course, there will be food. Lots of food!

This is me at Disneyland Paris last year:

DLP 2015 465 (640x480).jpg

Yes, yes - with food and drink surprise surprise!

A lot of things have happened in 'real life' since I last set foot in The World. Some fairly traumatic and others absolutely wonderful. The wonderful part is mainly due to this guy:

DLP 2015 360 (640x480).jpg

Crispy Nibbles! Our visit to DLP last year was his first ever Disney trip. This year will be his first ever trip to WDW!

We had a fantastic time at DLP and I'm so excited to share the magic of Walt Disney World with him.

We are staying at Saratoga Springs Resort and we have the regular dining plan included free. party:

So - do you want to see a list of our ADRS? Course you do!

Day 1: Travel day and arrival at SSR. Dinner at The Turf Club Bar and Grill
Day 2: Dinner at Grand Floridian Cafe
Day 3: Lunch at Coral Reef
Day 4: Lunch at Sci fi Dine in Theater
Day 5: Lunch at Yak n Yeti
Day 6: Breakfast at Be Our Guest Restaurant/ Dinner at Restaurant Marrakesh
Day 7: Dinner at Ohana
Day 8: Dinner at Narcoosses
Day 9: Dinner at Tokyo Dining
Day 10: Dinner at Whispering Canyon Cafe
Day 11: Dinner at Skipper's Canteen
Day 12: Breakfast at Ohana
Day 13: Chris's birthday dinner at California Grill
Day 14: Dinner at Sanaa
Day 15: Going home! :sad:

Plus - lots of quick service meals, cocktails and snacks of course! :flower1:

Please let me know if you have any photos, recommendations or tips from any of the above restaurants.

Less than two weeks to go and we are getting very excited!

So - here's the thinking behind our food choices this time round:

Show Crispy how amazing Disney food is! That's the main thing. Unless you've been I don't think you can understand what a great experience Disney Dining is. The food, the service, the atmosphere - all adds up to a load of magic :wizard:

I wanted to have a good mix of old favourites and new experiences.

So here are the restaurants I have been to before and why I wanted to show Chris them:

Coral Reef: We ate there in 2008. I know this restaurant sometimes gets a bad rap for the food but I love the atmosphere in here. The huge tanks are mesmerizing and the seafood is delicious. This is me and my eldest at Coral Reef in 2008:

DSCF0831 (2).jpg

Am really going to miss my two cherubs this time round! I've had four amazing visits to WDW with them and it will be strange not to have them with us this time. But they are very grown up now and Kate (DD2) has already been back with a friend in the intervening years and they are both going back later in the summer with their Step Dad. One day though...they will never be too old for Disney! We have raised them well.

Last time at Coral Reef I had the mahi mahi and I will probably have the same again. I believe the dish has changed a little since then but I really enjoyed it.

Sci Fi Dine in Theater: For me, this is always a must do. It is so Hollywood, so well themed and a lovely, quiet respite from the hot, bustling parks. While the food isn't overly exciting, it is always tasty.

Yak n Yeti: Another must do. I love eating here after fun in the Animal Kingdom. My favourite dessert in all of WDW is the deep fried wontons.

Narcoosses: An interesting one this. We went to this signature restaurant in 2010. It is a beautiful restaurant and the food was some of the best I have ever had at WDW. The service was atrocious. I'm hoping to get great food AND service this time round!:

Sanaa: LOVE this restaurant! The atmosphere is amazing and the food very tasty. The first time we went we had possibly the best service we'd had anywhere. The second time not so much. Am hoping for great service again this time! I don't think they do this dessert anymore:

Tokyo Dining: I visited this restaurant on my last visit to WDW. There is so much choice on the menu it was hard to decide what to order! So, I went with the bento box. It was fabulous:

Ohana breakfast: Chris and I are not huge character meal fans but one character Chris wants to meet is Stitch!

Whispering Canyon: Haven't done this one for a while and I think Chris will enjoy the fun interactions:

Coming up: My love affair with the California Grill.

We are big California Grill fans.....we plan on eating their twice when we go in September. :ssst:

We are big California Grill fans.....we plan on eating their twice when we go in September. :ssst:

I have been to California Grill on every trip so far - and it never disappoints! I've chosen it for Chris's birthday meal when we are there :jumping3:

California Grill - how do I love thee? Let me count the ways...:lovestruc

There are so many fantastic restaurants on WDW property but if I was forced to say my favourite/the one I thought was the best, it would have to be this little gem perched atop the Contemporary Resort. For starters, there is the location. Did I mention it was ON TOP OF A HOTEL???

I first sampled it's delights way back in 2006. I was on holiday with my ex, his parents, his niece and my girls. It was very much a family friendly trip with lots of fast food and character dining. However, we did have one date night and we decided to try California Grill.

We didn't really know what to expect. I was a little concerned that we might feel a bit out of place in such a fancy restaurant. Especially when we checked in and then went up to restaurant in a private elevator!

But I needn't have worried. We had the loveliest server ever - Kevin :cloud9: who made us feel so at home, talking us through the menu and just being so friendly.

Sadly, I don't have any photos from this trip :sad2: but I do remember starting my love affair with the pork tenderloin :worship:

We went back in 2008 and this time we took the girls with us. And we had Kevin as our server again!

The girls enjoyed it so much they demanded to go back in 2010:

And again in 2012:

So, when I was looking for a special venue for a birthday meal - it really had to be California Grill - didn't it?

CG is our favorite as well. Looking forward to visiting it twice out next trip.

I love the California Grill too. I had a minor panic attack this morning when I couldn't find my confirmation number for next Friday night. It's my dad's 70th birthday and even though he didn't know he needed to go there to celebrate his birthday, I dutifully made the reservation 180 days out anyway. Then was careful to make sure he came up with the idea on his own!!

I've found you!!

We've only done the Cali Grill once, but the seasonal dessert I had there goes down as one of the best desserts I've ever had :love:

I've found you!!

We've only done the Cali Grill once, but the seasonal dessert I had there goes down as one of the best desserts I've ever had :love:

Hi Meryll! :flower:

I've been actually concentrating more on my blog - don't know if you've caught any of the links on my FB:

https://wordpress.com/stats/day/crispynibbles.wordpress.com

I'm also in the process of very slowly uploading some vlogs of our trip on Youtube:

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCFk0brmOaTrfVZYibok1WxQ

Thanks for finding me! :daisy:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter