We Ate, We Drank, We Conquered - An Aug/Sep '16 Dining Report - Updated 1/8: Via Napoli

Discussion in 'Disney Dining Reviews' started by kastoney, Oct 16, 2016.

1. Saphire5742

Saphire5742 Princess Sparkle

Somehow I got behind all over again. But I am all caught up now...

She is quite the natural. Love that facial expression!

This is definitely something right up my alley (sans the bacon of course) although how anyone can eat anything more after that bread service is beyond me.

:laughing::laughing::laughing:

Mine too....

That's too bad about the arepas being replaced by a pork dish. Which made me just check out their menu and I'm really liking what I see

Mmmm, YUM!

My kind of dessert! LOVE Casey's description of it. And since the menu change over at Liberty, a meal at Skipper's plus this dessert seems like a no brainer. But who knows? A lot can change in 5 years...

PERFECT! LOVE IT!

Smart girl

:rotfl:, see above comment

2. Dis_Yoda

Dis_Yoda DIS Veteran

I love how "Casey-Day" was really a heavily guided "Casey Day".

Nice choice for Via Napoli! Can't go wrong with Pizza & Beer! I get my Naples pizza Friday pre-races! Your look so good but with going with the 'nothing new' I'm going to stick with something like bbq chicken or bacon.

Can't wait to see where adult night is :)

3. ThreeBoyMama

ThreeBoyMama Mouseketeer

Well, because you are a woman after my own heart, my money is on you. Don't let me down! ;)

Casey makes good choices. Via Napoli for the win!

4. Avatar

Advertisement

5. jerseytinkerbell

jerseytinkerbell DIS Veteran

Hey there! Due to computer trouble Have been MIA for ages, but now I'm back and catching up!

I am glad to see you finally made it to Trail's End! Glad to see you enjoyed it. You have me CRAVING an avocado margarita now. I have been considering going the two apps route at San Angel and I think you convinced me to do it. Too bad about the gross fishy smell at The Wave. We had a bad experience there a few years ago and it really but us off of ever going back.

I am back and forth about Tiffins this trip. I don't know! The menu honestly doesn't look super appealing to me, but it seems like it has to be good. Now your review has me pondering a last minute ADR change. Ahhhh! What to do?

6. disneyAndi14

disneyAndi14 DIS Veteran

Sorry to hear about the stinky fishy smell at the Wave! We had the breakfast buffet there once and loved the sweet potato pancakes! Via Napoli has always been a hit for us as well yummy! Kylo Ren really creeped us out as well, I got a priceless picture of Andi giving him a look of disgust.

7. Niki Andiokno

Niki Andiokno DIS Veteran

Just began planning a trip for May. I keep waffling about Via Napoli.Mike hates pizza. Going back and forth between that and Rose & Crown. Your Via report looks mighty tasty.

8. amberpi

amberpi DIS Veteran

I've always lurked on dining reviews, but I had to say, I enjoy yours so much. We seem to have similar tastes and I love that your kid is just a small person who seems really cool and self-assured. Anyway, thanks for the great reviews and the entertainment.

9. MissPrice

MissPrice Treguna, Makoidees, Trecorum, Sadis Dee!

Hi there. Skipper Canteen looks delish! I'm excited to try it on our next trip. I think we will be in WDW around the same time. Aww, poor Casey with her smeared face paint. Sucks getting caught in the rain. I am also from DC suburbs. Did you know there is a restaurant at Montgomery Mall in Bethesda run by the same people as Via Napoli? It's called Naples Ristorante , they even have the same ovens. Fun to try when you have a case of the Disney blues. Looking forward to next update -Amada

TeeterTots likes this.
  10. samsteele

samsteele DIS Veteran

Oooh . . . I've been wondering where that is! I knew my beer was going somewhere :scratchin. Thanks for the belly button up!

I haven't been to Via Napoli for years. So many great foody choices at Epcot & so little time. I will definitely have to make a point to commit (myself) to that yummy pizza ::yes::

11. ArielSRL

ArielSRL DIS Veteran

So I've already convinced AJ to ride Splash Mtn again by offering to get him something from the shop there or somewhere else close by to there! #Winning Haha.

Love Casey day thus far! And glad for the Via Napoli review. We are doing it in June and I'm either getting your choice or the other white pizza. I love me a white pizza but I rarely get to partake.

Nice Magic shot! Yes, I think I'll try the getting my boys to disappear, as well. Let me file that info away...lol.

Kylo wasn't too scary in June. We all showed him our Star Wars "good guy" shirts and he seemed none too impressed. Oh well.

My boys met Sophia in June at H&V. AJ protested so much before we got there but then he just grinned the whole time she was at the table. We'll be back again this June so I'll be sure to torture him some more. Haha.

12. thumper*

thumper* Disney Dreamer

UHM now that I have wiped all of the drool off my keyboard I can tell ya I love your report. Casey is cute as heck and I love her daring appetite. Y'all are hilarious can't wait to read more.

13. Stefecatzz

Stefecatzz "If nothing changed, there'd be no butterflies."

Your titles always make me :) & since this one is a direct quote from Casey, that's just awesome!

I've always wanted to see Space Mountain w/the lights on but unfortunately, never got the chance to experience it yet. It looks scary from your pic & I'm glad I saw it after I broke my 3 year streak of being too scared to go on Space Mountain all of the sudden. Haha! It didn't really have much to do w/the ride itself but the fact that a few years ago, I tweaked my back on it & thankfully it wasn't too bad, but bad enough to give me a scare. I had a friend who went several years ago & after riding it, his back was pretty much out for the rest of his trip. No Fun! But, I convinced myself finally to go on it again & maybe it's me, but it seems like the track got smoother. I'm wondering if they redid the track some time during my veto phase?

I'm sorry you had to endure that awful smell at the Wave. It does not sound appetizing.. I've never gone to eat there but am planning to one of these days when I might be able to manage to fit it in for breakfast at some point on an MK day. The breakfast buffet there looks really yummy!

That pizza looks & sounds amazing! When I get the chance to go back there again, I might try it. I was thinking at first that I'd miss the traditional style pizza I'm used to w/marinara but it looks like it might be worth a try. I'm all about anything truffle!

Last edited: Jan 11, 2017