We Ate, We Drank, We Conquered - An Aug/Sep '16 Dining Report - Complete 3/11

I have heard good things about Tiffins and your review makes it a must to try on our list of new places, we are trying Skippers Canteen and Sanaa in February so we are expanding. I have had a whole fish in Mexico and so delicious! We never saw the AK evening activities, we had a Jungle Book show dining package at Tusker House but dropped it when I read reviews of the show. Casey is braver than me I can only handle EE once every few years! Dis meets are fun for sure!

Glad you had an awesome meal at Tiffins! Good to know the head on shrimp was really good! I'm surprised they did snapper as the whole fish with all the bones! Casey's face is too cute with her reaction to the molasses. I liked it but I get it wouldn't be for everyone! We really enjoyed it as well! I'm going back there in 2 months when my mother and I have a mom/daughter weekend trip and I convinced her to do Animal Kingdom at night instead of the morning since she wants to cram all 4 parks into 2 days!

Yeah baby, we are HOT!
Lmao about the curse words, I usually try keeping them to a minimum when I meet someone new so as not to offend. But something told me even before we met that I didn't have to worry about offending you :rotfl2: And for all you other Dis'ers reading this I'm pretty sure I was careful not to let Casey hear. Sadly I'm not that careful around my own kids. Once they asked if we could start a swear jar; I told them if I put $ in it every time I cursed, they'd be naked and starving!!
Other than the fact that I don't eat any seafood your Tiffins meal looks good :P Really though I want to try it and it looks so beautiful inside. I think it'd be best for an adults only trip-hey whaddya know, I think we have one coming up! Oh and jungle book DID suck. I'm with Casey, they totally should have had some characters in there. Very misleading for us children.

Tiffin's looked great! Good to know about the Jungle Book, think we will skip that one, my boys and a boring show would not be a good match! LOL

Silly question but is the Yeti stuffed animal from a shop right near Everest? For some odd reason my 6 year old (who will not ride Everest I am sure) has an obsession with Yetis. So I kinda think I have to get her one.

To say this was the most beautiful restaurant in Disney is an understatement.

Wow, you just put Tiffins my "must do" list

Meet the Anapurna Zing.

That looks fantastic! And only $8.50!?!? That's a steal for Disney standards.

Yes I know I'm weird and I love it. Big thumbs up.

Embrace your inner weirdness sister.

For this entree Jason went with the Whole Fried Sustainable Fish (which I believe was Snapper).

Holy carp! I mean, snapper! That looks like a giant fish

He liked it, but didn't like to have to work so hard for his food.

I agree with Jason on this 100%. That's why me and crab let's don't get along, too much work.

Overall, Tiffins was the best meal of our trip and unquestionably the best restaurant inside one of the parks.

We have commented Several times that we have to leave the park and go to a resort for the best dining choices. Nice to know Tiffins is the exception.

After EE we grabbed some sort of fruity alcohol concoctions from the Thirsty River bar to take with us to see the Jungle Book show. While there some random lady came up behind us and accused me of being unable to get through Disney show without some form of alcohol in me. I mean the nerve, right? Oh wait that wasn't a random lady, it was @ariane37!!!!

Cute photo of you too!

And when Ariane let a few four letter words fly I knew our disney friendship was cemented forever

:rotfl2: Love that you can be yourself with someone you just met. Drinks and four letter words make for beautiful friendships!

Last edited:
Yet again we are twinsies! We bribed my daughter with the very same Yeti and she still sleeps with that sucker every single night. She was about your daughter's age when the bribery happened and now it's one of her favorite rides! Love it!

Just got back last week from an incredible 10 day guided trip to Morocco (and been telling everyone they NEED to go ever since) and so I'm playing catch up now.

Clearly not everyone got the memo that we were not eating at Cinderella's Royal Table tonight.

I like the way your Casey thinks! A Princess is ALWAYS a Princess.

Bellies satisfied, it was time to battle the dark side. Here's a look at my little Jedi in action

She looks like quite the natural

After the academy it was time for our lunch ADR at 50's Prime Time. I hadn't eaten here in almost 20 years so a return trip was long overdue.
Overall, this was a great 50's experience. Service was awesome (and needed after our Kona nightmare), the food delicious, and the environment a ton of fun.

Glad you finally got to go and that it was a great experience. But what? No onion rings?????? How can that be?

On the way to the contemporary I remembered all the good things I'd ready about Contempo Cafe's cupcakes, so since we were right there of course we had to stop.
These were unquestionably the best cupcakes in the world.

Filing this info for my next time...

We also saw an appetizer that we couldn't resist, The Jamaican Beef Blossoms.

These are Squash Blossoms Stuffed with a Jamaican spiced beef with a Passion Fruit Ketchup, Scotch Bonnet, and Fondue

Oooooh, looks and sounds yummy!

For our dinner, Casey and I shared the 10 oz Filet and made the very wise decision to sub in the aforementioned bone marrow instead of the mashed potatoes.

Like Jason's ribeye, the filet was cooked to perfection and unlike the ribeye none of that pesky fat and gristle got in our way. This particular filet was so tender it almost melted in our mouths and we in fact did not need a knife to cut it. In fact Casey commented that steaks were not this good at home, but she surmised it must be the grill and of course not the chefs. :-) The bone marrow was also utter perfection. For anyone who hasn't had it its kind of like beef flavored butter. It's rich and fatty and silky and sweet and oh just so good. It paired perfectly on the tender brioche.

Mouth watering. NEED that marrow in my life. There is no way my next trip will not include YS

Meet the Anapurna Zing. This is Bombay Sapphire East Gin, Passion Fruit Purée, Mint, Lime Juice, and Ginger Beer. And yes I know I've been overly glowy already but I'm gonna keep it going. This is hands down the best mixed drink I've had in the world. First it had my favorite gin in it, but the passion fruit added a nice but not overly sweet flavor and the ginger beer added some effervescence.

Sounds like my kind of drink. Also love the glass it's served in. Glad you enjoyed Tiffins. I prefer fish filets myself though. Don't like all the extra work either. Also for some reason if a bone makes it into my mouth I get very nauseous.

Hmmmm We had such a bad experience at Tiffins I swore it would be some time before I went back. Although I wouldn't eat any of the things you guys ate (LOL) your review did remind me how beautiful it is. I may have to give in and try it again.

Silly question but is the Yeti stuffed animal from a shop right near Everest? For some odd reason my 6 year old (who will not ride Everest I am sure) has an obsession with Yetis. So I kinda think I have to get her one.
I'm almost positive I saw that stuffed yeti in the gift shop the EE empties into. I know they have a large selection of pretty cool yeti merch there

Oh man! Your Tiffins write up has me starving. We also ate there (to do the Jungle Book dining package) and I am so glad I have an ADR lined up here for our trip later this month. This month!!! Ack can't wait to go back. :goodvibes I think that might be the drink I had there... I remember loving it too! But I love anything with ginger beer so I guess that was as expected.
So jealous you will be there so soon. We will most definitely be back on our February trip. Trying to decide if we wanna do lunch or dinner again. So many choices ; )

I can't remember, have y'all been to Tiffins before? If you haven't tried the wagyu beef two ways it needs to make the short list for next time. Sooooo dreamy! I can't believe this place isn't more popular based on how good the food is, but I guess it is kinda pricey considering it's inside a theme park and the clientele is largely interested in quick service. I love Flame Tree too, I'm just appreciative to have this delightful fine dining option as well.
No, this was our first trip and it clearly did not disappoint. The beef sounds heavenly, I totally thought Jason would order that but he threw me for a loop. Will be sure to add that next time!

I actually really miss the Jungle Book show. I liked it for what it was - talented and enthusiastic dancers presenting a Disney show with music that's entirely different from anything else you get in the parks. I know it wasn't "night time spectacular" quality but it was better than nothing, which is what we have for the indeterminate future. I wish there was a way for them to work this into the daytime entertainment line up, say having it as a short dancing cavalcade presentation since there's no parade in AK anymore either :sad2:
Yeah, I should have taken Jungle Book for what it was. But when you put it in the big venue and try to sub it for what was promised for rivers of life it just didn't live up. You're right it would make a great daytime show thought!

I cannot wait to try Tiffins/Nomads! It looks incredible! I'm not too enthused about Pandora:World of Avatar but am looking forward to enhancing Animal Kingdom overall and extending into evening hours. I've heard the same lackluster response to the nighttime safari- that's too bad - seems like it has such potential.
Yeah, I'm not too excited about Pandora either. I didn't care for the movie, but it should at least be visually stunning

Big thumbs up for your AK Day! Wonderful you had such a great experience at Tiffins. I parked myself on their back porch for a half hour in September & had the Kungaloosh. I thought it was very good but just too heavy & rich for me in the heat & humidity. Your cocktail would have been a much better choice & I will file that one away in the old bean to remember for another trip! :-)
The porch at Tiffins sounds divine, especially since they actually have one. We love to dine outdoors and Disney is clearly lacking in this area. Though I'm not sure how you could down that beer in the heat!!!

I agree with you about the Night Safari. But I had some unexpected excitement because one of the female lions batted a seagull or an ibis down on its rock just as we came around the corner & was chowing down in a cloud of white feathers! The other lions were calling or keening away as she ate so it was quite the adventure. While I'd definitely do another Night Safari just to see if the lions were being crazy (I went at dusk), I wouldn't give up my early morning Safari.
How amazing!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

While I appreciate a good meal, I just don't know if I'm adventurous enough for Tiffins. I'm glad it exists for those that are, though! I have heard the drinks are good though. I planned out my AK drinks already (yes, yes I did...lol) but I may need to check out the Nomad menu and see if I can fit something in.
Yeah, we certainly are adventurous. But that is what is to love about Disney. There is something for everyone (even planned drinks) :-)

Dear Disney, please replace whatever description you are currently using for the Anapurna Zing and change it to this immediately.:rotfl:

Tiffins looks and sounds amazing. Can't wait to try it at some point. And that is awesome that Casey rode (and liked) EE! I am really hoping I can get Sean to go on it with me when he and I go in September!
Maybe between the two of us we can just take over Disney menu descriptions and photos. I could describe the food/drinks and you can take them around the world modeling for photos :-)

Yeah she was certainly apprehensive about EE, but liked it. Gonna see if I can get her on ToT next.

Wow what a day at AK! Your Tiffins meal looked fabulous as did your beverage of choice! I'm looking forward to my DD wanting to try the broken track Rollercoaster some day! How fun you got to meet up with another DISer!
Yeah, Tiffins was pretty darn perfect!!! And meeting Ariane was icing on the AK night cake :-)

I have heard good things about Tiffins and your review makes it a must to try on our list of new places, we are trying Skippers Canteen and Sanaa in February so we are expanding. I have had a whole fish in Mexico and so delicious! We never saw the AK evening activities, we had a Jungle Book show dining package at Tusker House but dropped it when I read reviews of the show. Casey is braver than me I can only handle EE once every few years! Dis meets are fun for sure!
Skippers and Sanaa are awesome choices!!!!! Tiffins of course too if you can make time. I heard they have a great lunch menu where you can try the dinner entrees at much cheaper prices.

Glad you had an awesome meal at Tiffins! Good to know the head on shrimp was really good! I'm surprised they did snapper as the whole fish with all the bones! Casey's face is too cute with her reaction to the molasses. I liked it but I get it wouldn't be for everyone! We really enjoyed it as well! I'm going back there in 2 months when my mother and I have a mom/daughter weekend trip and I convinced her to do Animal Kingdom at night instead of the morning since she wants to cram all 4 parks into 2 days!
Yeah the snapper was a really boney fish to serve whole. Though I wanna try the lion fish at Skippers. I heard those weren't quite as boney. None of us were really fans of the molasses. Normally I'm good with sour and bitter things, but this just didn't do it for us. The bread was delicious though.

That's great you have a mother/daughter trip planned. I'm sure your Mom needs it. And AK at night would be a great edition. When are you going? We'll be down from 3-11 Feb.

Yeah baby, we are HOT!
Lmao about the curse words, I usually try keeping them to a minimum when I meet someone new so as not to offend. But something told me even before we met that I didn't have to worry about offending you :rotfl2: And for all you other Dis'ers reading this I'm pretty sure I was careful not to let Casey hear. Sadly I'm not that careful around my own kids. Once they asked if we could start a swear jar; I told them if I put $ in it every time I cursed, they'd be naked and starving!!
We are certainly two hot mama's!!! Factor in the Orlando heat and humidity and August and we are down right smokin' :-) I think we pegged each other about right. Disney lovin' drinkin' and cussin' women are we. And no for those that easily offend Casey could not hear. I had to try and break myself of cursing when she was born and boy was it hard. I pretty much swore like a drunkin' sailor then, but I'm pretty good about it most of the time and just use less colorful words. Of course those don't always work either cause Casey got frustrated the other day and said I can't freakin' do this!

Other than the fact that I don't eat any seafood your Tiffins meal looks good :P Really though I want to try it and it looks so beautiful inside. I think it'd be best for an adults only trip-hey whaddya know, I think we have one coming up! Oh and jungle book DID suck. I'm with Casey, they totally should have had some characters in there. Very misleading for us children.
Yes, seafood aside I'm sure you would have loved our meal. :-) Tiffins would be awesome for just you and Steve. Or even just popping into the lounge for some drinks and apps. It's absolutely gorgeous.

Tiffin's looked great! Good to know about the Jungle Book, think we will skip that one, my boys and a boring show would not be a good match! LOL
Yes, please keep all kids away from the Jungle Book show. :-)

Yeah, we got it in the dump shop at the end of the ride. They had a couple of different sizes. Casey of course had to get the biggest one.

Wow, you just put Tiffins my "must do" list
Good choice!!! If you all loved Flying Fish Tiffins should be right up your alley.

That looks fantastic! And only $8.50!?!? That's a steal for Disney standards.
Total steal. If only I could say that about the prices on the rest of the menu :-)

I agree with Jason on this 100%. That's why me and crab let's don't get along, too much work.
Yeah, he's not huge on pickin' and eatin' crabs either. Me on the other hand I could eat those buggars for hours.

:rotfl2: Love that you can be yourself with someone you just met. Drinks and four letter words make for beautiful friendships!
Love it. Drinks and 4 letter words are the things that dis friendships are made of :-)

Yet again we are twinsies! We bribed my daughter with the very same Yeti and she still sleeps with that sucker every single night. She was about your daughter's age when the bribery happened and now it's one of her favorite rides! Love it!
:rotfl2: Sounds like great minds think alike. Gotta see what we can use to get her on ToT now.

Just got back last week from an incredible 10 day guided trip to Morocco (and been telling everyone they NEED to go ever since) and so I'm playing catch up now.
How amazing!!!!!!!! Are you doing a trip report? Would love to hear all about far away lands.

I like the way your Casey thinks! A Princess is ALWAYS a Princess.
Yes, I think you, Casey, and @Elevationist should seriously get your princess on together!

Glad you finally got to go and that it was a great experience. But what? No onion rings?????? How can that be?
I know, blasphemy right. I think after all that star wars heat my brain just wasn't functioning.

Sounds like my kind of drink. Also love the glass it's served in. Glad you enjoyed Tiffins. I prefer fish filets myself though. Don't like all the extra work either. Also for some reason if a bone makes it into my mouth I get very nauseous.
This should be everyone's kind of drink. Oh so good.

Hmmmm We had such a bad experience at Tiffins I swore it would be some time before I went back. Although I wouldn't eat any of the things you guys ate (LOL) your review did remind me how beautiful it is. I may have to give in and try it again.
Yeah, I was really concerned after reading your experience but everything was perfect for us. You should definitely give it a go again sometime. Hopefully you just hit it on a bad day.

@kastoney Did you hear the news? MK will be serving beer and wine in Skipper! LTT, Tony's, and CRT as well. I read it on easywdw today.

http://www.orlandosentinel.com/trav...dom-restaurants-to-serve-wine-beer-story.html
Thanks Alex!!!!!!! Jason sent me an email at work yesterday letting me know. My response had something to do with halle f**kin' and lujah!!!! It's a Christmas Miracle for us all!!!!!!!

Sky Rockets in Flight, African Delight

After waiting out the rain at the hotel we were headed to Animal Kingdom for the evening to check out their new nighttime activities. Speaking of new, we of course had to check out the newest restaurant in the park....

To say this was the most beautiful restaurant in Disney is an understatement. The art and attention to detail really immerse you in the restaurant and the park. I loved the Flying Fish renovation, but this really took it to the next level. My pictures don't do it justice, but will gives those who haven't been an idea of the gorgeousness that awaits.

Speaking of beautiful, check out the menu. #Love

Our server was a very nice gentleman from Morocco who walked us through the menu and shared with us some stories of what he ate growing up there. He also walked us through the drinks and I couldn't resist this little beauty.

Meet the Anapurna Zing. This is Bombay Sapphire East Gin, Passion Fruit Purée, Mint, Lime Juice, and Ginger Beer. And yes I know I've been overly glowy already but I'm gonna keep it going. This is hands down the best mixed drink I've had in the world. First it had my favorite gin in it, but the passion fruit added a nice but not overly sweet flavor and the ginger beer added some effervescence. It was kind of like if a gin and tonic married a mojito and then had an affair with a moscow mule. In case you couldn't tell I liked it (and so did Jason as he had one with is meal) :-) Plus it was only $8.50. Total steal.

Jason kept it a little less adventurous with the Kungaloosh Spiced Excursion Ale Draft.

The website describes this as Aan frican-inspired deep amber ale brewed exclusively for Walt Disney World with sorghum and a special blend of spices including cinnamon and cardamom. Jason seemed to like this. I thought it tasted like coffee.

Onward toward the food. We started with their complementary bread service which is
Pomegranate Focaccia bread with a mix of Pomegranate, Molasses, and Olive Oil on the side.

The bread was quite good with just a hint of pomegranate flavor, but the dipping sauce was way too sour. Like you really couldn't eat it sour. And if you don't believe me I present visual evidence....

We also decided to start with their House Made Head Cheese and Chicken Liver Pate with Gogi Berry Chutney and Whole Grain Mustard.

I'm sure many of you are letting out some collective groans right about now, but I'm a sucker for weird animal parts and these two did not disappoint. The chicken liver pate was creamy and decadent and the head cheese mostly tasted like any other charcuterie but every view bites you'd get just a hint of organ meat. Yes I know I'm weird and I love it. Big thumbs up.

For our entree's Casey and I shared the Grilled Head on Prawns with
Tomatoes, Roasted Fennel, Olives, Sea Urchin Butter Sauce.

You can't tell from the picture but these are served head on so all the juicy prawn goodness stays packed in. The grill flavor on the shrimp was superb and really had a nice charred flavor that elevated the dish. But the real star was the sea urchin butter. This was rich and full of umami flavor and basically I just wanted to bathe in it. The sauce really elevated the shrimp, potatoes, and well just about everything else on the plate. Big thumbs up.

To pair with my dinner I got a glass of a Chilean Sauvignon Blanc that was crisp and acidic and totally made the dish pop.

For this entree Jason went with the Whole Fried Sustainable Fish (which I believe was Snapper).

How's that for presentation? This is clearly a whole freakin' fish served with Fermented Black Bean Sauce and Som Tam (a thai papaya salad, thanks Chef Jason for the assist). The fish was moist and flaky, but like my dish the star was the sauce and slaw. They combination of the two added some sweetness with just a bit of funky fish sauce flavor that really made the fish pop. Jason's only complaint was that this was a really boney fish so it was a bit difficult to eat. He liked it, but didn't like to have to work so hard for his food. Casey on the other hand was in heaven with both the fish as a whole and the tail she ended up eating scales and all.

Our little apple clearly doesn't fall too far from the tree.

Overall, Tiffins was the best meal of our trip and unquestionably the best restaurant inside one of the parks. Amazing food, perfect service, gorgeous atmosphere. Other than their weird pomegranate sauce I have absolutely no complaints. Even better with our tables in Wonderland card we saved $27.40, putting us in the black by $20.

After dinner we checked out the nighttime safari.

This should really be billed as a nighttime jeep ride as it could really be characterized as a safari minus the animals. Largely a waste of time, but we did actually get to see this dude awake.

From there we hit a major family milestone and Casey finally decided to brave the Broken Track Roller Coaster (aka Expedition Everest for those not down with the Casey lingo). She's watched this on Youtube for years and finally got the gumption to give it a go. Now this may or may not have been fueled by some slight bribery on our part, but she did it nonetheless and in the dark to boot.

Sorry for the blurry picture, but while she is giving away nothing on her face she loved it. Or she loved the bribe, but either way she rode it again later in the week. Speaking of bribe, here she is with her prized Yeti.

After EE we grabbed some sort of fruity alcohol concoctions from the Thirsty River bar to take with us to see the Jungle Book show. While there some random lady came up behind us and accused me of being unable to get through Disney show without some form of alcohol in me. I mean the nerve, right? Oh wait that wasn't a random lady, it was @ariane37!!!!

Totally stole this pic from Ariane's trip report (thanks for the assist). We had a great time "watching" the show with Ariane and her hubby Steve. I say watching in quotes because to say this show was underwhelming is an understatement so we had plenty of time to chat. I think Casey summed it up best when it was over and she wanted to know where the Jungle Book characters were. For those who may have missed this atrocity imagine them trying to pull off the Star Wars nighttime show with no actual Star Wars characters or pyrotechnics of any kind. Now take that and add in some Star Wars movie clips shown against water projectors, which sounds cool, but then imagine you can't actually make out any of the clips. There you have the Jungle Book show.

But on the complete opposite end of the spectrum Ariane and her husband could not have been nicer, we talked about our trips so far, the kids, and of course food. And when Ariane let a few four letter words fly I knew our disney friendship was cemented forever.:love:

After the show we made our way out of the park and stopped to watch the lights on the tree of light for a while. Now this blew the Jungle Book show out of the water. At least they got something right.

Next up....More day drinkin'

Thank you for the Tiffins review! I may be trying this one. I too love to eat weird things, and I think it's awesome that your daughter ate a shrimp with the head on. A kid after my own heart!

Thank you for the Tiffins review! I may be trying this one. I too love to eat weird things, and I think it's awesome that your daughter ate a shrimp with the head on. A kid after my own heart!
We are definitely a family of adventurous eaters. I figure life's too short to at least not try everything once. Hopefully we can keep Casey on the weird food train too

It is 10:30am on a Sunday and that drink looks DEVINE! I love a delish breakfast cocktail.
Can't wait to try Tiffins!
It's never too early for a drink in our house :-)

One Tequila, Two Tequila, Three Tequila, MORE!!

After our late night in Animal Kingdom, we slept in till past 9 and eventually made our way to Ep-A-Cot. We spent some time swimming with the proverbial fishes (and turtles too) before our fast pass to check out the new frozen ride.

I think this "amazing" photo just about sums the ride up. #Underwhelming. Now I will say the animatronics are pretty darn amazing, but the rest of the ride is just plain unimaginative. I expected more from Disney. If you're going to take down the beloved Maelstrom in lieu of the most successful movie in your history, you're gonna have to do a bit more than an ice skating scene and Elsa singing on balcony. Even Casey said she wished Maelstrom was back. At least she could still channel her inner viking.

Best to drown my frozen sorrows in some frozen drinks. Lucky for us we scored a last minute lunch reservation at San Angel, which meant I scored one (or two) of these bad boys.

For those unfamiliar this is the famous Avocado Margarita. Its a blend of tequila, lime, avocado, and melon liquor and is generally a fabulous fruity concoction. Unfortunately this time these fell a little flat at it was more icy than the typical creaminess and didn't have a ton of flavor. I've read online that they've started using premade mixes rather than making them fresh, so perhaps that was the case. Don't get me wrong, I had 2 so they were good. But at $14 a pop, I expect perfection.

And of course when one has margaritas chips and salsa is an absolute must.

These were good and tasty as usual and came with both a chipotle and tomatillo sauce. I'm not a big chipotle fan as I don't care for smokiness, but I was all over the yummy tomatillo.

For our entrees, Jason went with the Lomo de Puerco en Salsa Verde.

This is pork in roasted green sauce and Poblano peppers served with corn-potato puree, melted cheese and nopales (aka cactus). While his pork was a bit dry, the corn-potato puree on the bottom was pure mashed potato like bliss and the cactus and grilled veggies were a nice touch.

Casey ordered a rare meal of her own and got the kids Steak Tacos.

Casey really loved these and insisted we try them. I didn't think they were anything special, but I was thrilled to see my girl clean her plate.

As for me, I went a little bit different and got two apps for my entree. First up we have the Tostadas de Tinga.

These are pulled chicken seasoned with roasted tomato and chipotle peppers, served over tostadas with refried black beans, fresh green tomatillo salsa, queso fresco and sour cream. These are also delicious! The chicken was moist and flavorful and went great with the tiny tostadas and refried means. These are definitely going on the San Angel must do list.

And speaking of must do list, I also ordered this little gem, the Sopa Azteca.

This is traditional tortilla soup that is poured table side and served with fried tortilla strips, avocado, cheese, and pasilla pepper. While the soup may not have been my best choice on a 90+ degree August day the broth was immensely flavorful with hints of lime and cilantro and combined with the avocado, cheese, and tortilla strips it was downright perfect.

Oh and I almost forgot, guess where we were seated...

While not a bad view and not the back of the restaurant, behind me was the drink station. Yet another bad table score. Oh well Scarlet tomorrow is another day.

All in all this was another successful trip to San Angel. While the margarita wasn't quite up to snuff, our meals were quite good. San Angel certainly isn't the best mexican food in the world (that would be the whole world, not the WDW one) but its always a good meal in a fun atmosphere. With our tables in wonderland card we saved $15.80 bringing our total aggregate savings to $35.

After lunch Casey put down her viking alter ego in favor of a little seniorita....

....Before we crossed back into Norway to meet a few Arendale lasses

Totally loving the new meet and greet location and more importantly the short lines!!!!

From there we dodged some rain in China and ran into Mulan in the process

We tried to get over to Germany but the skies had other ideas and it wasn't long before boatloads of rain came pouring from the sky. We ended up getting our ponchos on, but we were so soaked at that point it really didn't matter. #AugustInFlorida. Bad news is we were soaked to the bone, good news is we scored a 15 minute wait at Soarin' on the way out. I'll take that.

Up next, African Adventures Part Deux

I remember those tostadas they were yummy. The soup looks really good as well, I hope your service was better than your other trips. We felt the same way about FEA, short and a little underwhelming. We loved Maelstrom, Andi actually went on FEA under protest lol! Hope you have a very Happy Holiday!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter