• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

WDW w/ 3 Yr Old - What to take to park

mkwdrs

Earning My Ears
Travel dates are 9/8/03 - 9/13/03 and our first trip with a boy who will be 3 years and 11 months old.

Do you suggest renting a stroller?
What all should one take to the park for a child this age? Backpack?

Any suggestions appreciated.

If he's potty trained then your load should be lighter.

I'd bring a good lightweight umbrella stroller. Those ones for around $40 with snack trays are really good for WDW.

I'd bring his sippy cup, snacks, suntan lotion, sanitizor and maybe some wetwipes. Maybe a change of clothes or spare underwear if he's just been potty trained.

Have fun!

Tip!!!
If your 3 year old does not use a stroller at home ( a lot of boys don't at this age), then don't take yours and don't rent one the first part of the first day. Wait until it is their idea and they beg you for a stroller. They see others kids riding in strollers living the high life and realize strollers are good things.Then they will appreciate it and actually ride in it and make it worthwhile. The added bonus is when you get home they will actually ride in a stroller again.:D :Pinkbounc :Pinkbounc

You will want a stroller whether you bring or rent will depend on you. If you are staying on site and think he will be ok walking to the parks from the bus or monorail stops and back to the room from these stops, you might want to rent in the park as needed. If money is a big issue and he still fits in his stroller, I would at least consider bringing it.

If you bring a stroller from home and it has a good storage basket, you will not need to pack quite as light. If you rent I would try to pack as light as possible. Even if potty trained however, I would stick in a change of clothes. There are spills, things to sit in and long lines for the potty!! wipes, suncreen simple non messy snacks, lots of drinks or plans to buy water in the park, cammeras, extra film, autograph book and fat pen, sun glasses for him, perhaps a mister fan for the stroller.

Just in general, don't forget you PS numbers for the day, park passes, money, lip balm, and rain gear, and and medication you think you might need. And remember that for a price, there is nothing you can't get in the park if you need it and forget to take it.

Jordan's mom

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter