WDW is magical!!

r'smommy

Earning My Ears
Just got home yesterday and am really missing WDW! I must admit that as I read these boards before our trip (and received so many good tips and help in planning....thank you all!), I was a little skeptical about people who carried on so about the "magic" and how it was the best vacation on earth. I went expecting to have a good time, but really..........magic?! BOY WAS I WRONG!!!! /infopop/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif It truly is a magical place and the best vacation we have ever had!!
I am still in awe of our breakfast in the castle, the friendliness of the CMs, the amazing attentiveness of the characters (Yes, I did get choked up when Jasmine told my 4 year old daughter that she was thinking of dressing up as her for Halloween and that she loved her, too!), and the amazing scenery at the ASMo. The Magic Kingdom was wonderful, too. When we were riding in the magic ship to Neverland on the Peter Pan ride (my DD's favorite!) I leaned over and said to my DH, "Let's give them some more money!" It was worth every penny and more! The shows at the AK were great (the Lion King and Tarzan Rocks) and we really enjoyed the Parade of Nations at Epcot while eating outside in a counter service restaurant in Morroco. We had a great view and a place to rest while eating.
All that said, let me apologize for questioning the enthusiasm (even though I only questioned it to myself!) of anyone who has ever posted here about the wonders of WDW! I am now a faithful believer in the magic!! If I can answer any questions about ASMo or anything else, please email me. I would love to share the magic! (I have really become one of those people I thought were a little crazy!!) /infopop/emoticons/icon_wink.gif

Yes Disney is a very magical place.

Especially through the eyes of our children.

Our children are grown, but oh I remember that magic.

But the magic that we have experienced with our Grandchildren, is a magic like no other. /infopop/emoticons/icon_smile.gif

Mamu
wavey.GIF

micminween.gif

scarbar1.gif

Which building did you stay in? Was it convenient to the food court and bus stop? Were your rooms large enough? How were the waits for transportation? Do you have children? Did they swim? /infopop/emoticons/icon_smile.gif

We loved the ASMo! We were in room 1708 which was in the 101 Dalmations building, facing the courtyard on the first floor. It was a perfect location, very near the food court, transportation, and pool. We took our 4 year old daughter and we all loved the pool. It was huge and heated at night. The other, smaller pool looked nice too, but we loved swimming near the Fantasia theming of the courtyard and it was nearer to our room. There are giant dalmation statues (they are taller than the 3 story hotel) as well as similar fantasia statues. It was a magical place, the CMs were very friendly and helpful, and the transportation was great. The room was the size of a typical hotel room, not huge, but very adequate for our needs. It was immaculately clean. Anything else I can tell you?! /infopop/emoticons/icon_smile.gif

I'm so glad you had a magical trip! I understand wanting to go back too! It is a letdown to come home isn't it! Start planning for your next trip now! /infopop/emoticons/icon_smile.gif

<FONT COLOR=Red> Co-Chat Mistress</font>
<FONT COLOR=Red>Instructional Chat Co-Host
</FONT>
<font color=Blue> Co-Moderator Trip Reports Board</font>
mickey87.gif
poohpumpkin.gif

We are going Jan 20-26, 2001 (me, dh, dd aged 9, dd aged 6 and ds aged 16 months). I'm hoping that the porta crib they supply will fit in the room. We have the chance for discounted rooms at PO, but at this point I think we'll stay at ASMo. It seems you can't beat the theming, especially for kids the age my mine! Plus, we're not ones to spend too much time in our room. Glad you had a great trip!

I am so happy for you that you had a great time! I can just imagine the let down you feel after coming home. Sort of like I feel right now knowing that I have til May to wait for my trip /infopop/emoticons/icon_frown.gif

Would you recommend the Fantasia building since it's near the pool? I have 2 young boys who are going to want to swim, swim, swim and I suppose that's where we should be to watch them. I requested 1st floor Fantasia. Is there a shallow end of the pool for the little guys?

Judi

popighal.gif

Many times as a child
CBR '90 - Honeymoon!
DxL '95
Off Site '96
ASMo 5/18- 5/26/01 - Can't Wait

The Fantasia building is the closest to the biggest pool. It appeared to be fairly shallow at several different spots around the perimeter of the pool, then gradually become deeper in the center. It was huge!! My only concern in staying that close to the pool on the first floor might be the noise, but I don't know if that would be a problem or not. If your boys are into hockey, the Mighty Ducks building has its own pool. It is smaller, but looked nice also. We did enjoy the Fantasia pool and it was only a short walk from our Dalmations room. There were also other Dalmation rooms that were even closer to that pool. Hope this helps!

So it was really that noisy near the pool?

popighal.gif

Many times as a child
CBR '90 - Honeymoon!
DxL '95
Off Site '96
ASMo 5/18- 5/26/01 - Can't Wait

There was just your typical "pool" noise.......kids laughing and screaming while having a good time. I have no idea if you could hear it inside any of the rooms. It just crossed my mind that since some of the fantasia rooms (but certainly not all of them) are very close to the pool there might be some noise to consider. You might not hear a thing. It just crossed my mind that there could be some noise. /infopop/emoticons/icon_smile.gif

I introduced my dd to Disneyland at 4 and then WDW at the age of 6. It was so much fun to watch her face and eyes during these trips. Thanks for posting!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter