WDW hotel rooms with walk in showers?

VGF is almost always an 11-month booking, and you have to find an owner renting their points. They typically charge $15-18 per point, because VGF is hard to get. It is especially challenging in December.

Thanks for that! Are Contemporary/Poly a bit easier? I've asked DVC rental store for a quote, as I don't know any DVC members personally, but really, any room that works for Mum and is at Disney will be great for us :D

The Master bath in the 1BR and 2BR Villas is typically a "walk-in" style shower. The accessible rooms will have a seat available. That is pretty much the difference in my experience. We have stayed at Saratoga Springs, Bay Lake, Animal Kingdom, and Beach Club. The DVC Resort room format is essentially the same at all of them. The Deluxe hotels will not have them, unless it is an accessible room. There are descriptions and photos of all of the rooms types on the WDW website when you select each of the resorts.

Thanks for that! Are Contemporary/Poly a bit easier? I've asked DVC rental store for a quote, as I don't know any DVC members personally, but really, any room that works for Mum and is at Disney will be great for us :D
Poly is much bigger than BLT. The BLT shower in a studio is NOT step-in.

having some trouble finding out which standard rooms at any of the Disney or disney springs hotels have walk in showers?

You mentioned knowing about villas and specifically asked about standard rooms, so I didn't reply with the shower at GF studio, thinking you were only asking about the normal
hotel rooms. You want all rooms, then?

accessible room options can be kind of limited sometimes (not at WDW, but in her experience when travelling generally)

Often the accessible rooms have only one king bed. We met a mom/daughter pair that thought mom needed accessible but didn't realize they would have to share a sleeping space. And then the benefits of the accessible room weren't even needed by them.

VGF is almost always an 11-month booking, and you have to find an owner renting their points. They typically charge $15-18 per point, because VGF is hard to get. It is especially challenging in December.

Ooh I got so lucky then! Changed my Poly studio to a GF studio just weeks out from the 12/24 checkin. (We own dvc and booked with our own points, no other owner involved)

Ooh I got so lucky then! Changed my Poly studio to a GF studio just weeks out from the 12/24 checkin. (We own dvc and booked with our own points, no other owner involved)

It really is lucky. Sounds last a last-minute cancel. Someone else's sad was your happy.

Circle-of-life-the-lion-king-33812886-720-480.jpg

You mentioned knowing about villas and specifically asked about standard rooms, so I didn't reply with the shower at GF studio, thinking you were only asking about the normal
hotel rooms. You want all rooms, then?

Often the accessible rooms have only one king bed. We met a mom/daughter pair that thought mom needed accessible but didn't realize they would have to share a sleeping space. And then the benefits of the accessible room weren't even needed by them.

All rooms would be great! We just got the quote back for the studio villas at Poly and Contemporary. Looks like standard deluxe studios at Contemporary have tub showers, and Poly standard deluxe rooms have walk ins?

Sorry for the silly question but like I said, I'm very new to WDW and DVC - are accessible DVC rooms a thing?

And that mom daughter pair sounds just like us! Mum does not want to share a bed with me (as a child, I had a habit of kicking wildly, and she's paranoid I still do it) so that's something we need to think about when looking at most accessible rooms.

All rooms would be great! We just got the quote back for the studio villas at Poly and Contemporary. Looks like standard deluxe studios at Contemporary have tub showers, and Poly standard deluxe rooms have walk ins?

Sorry for the silly question but like I said, I'm very new to WDW and DVC - are accessible DVC rooms a thing?

And that mom daughter pair sounds just like us! Mum does not want to share a bed with me (as a child, I had a habit of kicking wildly, and she's paranoid I still do it) so that's something we need to think about when looking at most accessible rooms.
The Poly studio villas have 1.3 bathrooms. There is the full bathroom with tub/shower combo, toilet and sink And there is the 2nd room with just the stand-up shower and sink as seen in the previous picture (but no toilet)

The BLT (Contemporary) studio villas have the standard full bathroom with tub/shower combo.

DVC does have accessible rooms. When books by there is a check-box to select accessible.
There are varying degrees of accessibility. Partial accessibility may just mean grab bars and hand-held shower head in the tub. Full accessible would mean a roll-in shower instead of a tub.

The Poly studio villas have 1.3 bathrooms. There is the full bathroom with tub/shower combo, toilet and sink And there is the 2nd room with just the stand-up shower and sink as seen in the previous picture (but no toilet)

The BLT (Contemporary) studio villas have the standard full bathroom with tub/shower combo.

DVC does have accessible rooms. When books by there is a check-box to select accessible.
There are varying degrees of accessibility. Partial accessibility may just mean grab bars and hand-held shower head in the tub. Full accessible would mean a roll-in shower instead of a tub.

Thanks, mate! This is super helpful :)

Thanks, mate! This is super helpful :)
Welcome!

And, so far, I've never recall hearing of a DVC accessible room having fewer beds, just less storage (roll-up sink instead of a vanity, possible lower bed with no storage under it..)

Thanks for the help everyone! We've booked an accessible room in the Garden Wing of the Contemporary as a back up, and are hoping for an accessible DVC room at the Poly as our first choice. Mum loves the location of the Contemporary, but I'm obsessed with the theming of the Poly, and she agrees a DVC room would be fantastic. So fingers crossed!!

I been getting the roll in shower rooms for about 4 years. The tubs are very deep and I am afraid of using them for fear of falling. Handicap room with the roll in shower also includes the automatic door other then that the room is the same. I kept putting off getting the handicap room for years thinking it be something different for those that didn't need it traveling with me. We all take showers. I rent a ecv and the automatic door helps me come and go as I please. I see some the pictures regarding the showers they are not walk ins they have a step. Go handicap room you will happy and have no worries. The only problem I had once problem with water on the floor it was a drain problem and bought to Disney's attention and they took care right away. I not very stable on my feet and that not one of my worries was the water on the floor. As you use the towels put them on the floor to soak any water.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter