WDW before/after or not at all with PC 4.0

We have done both and we find that WDW after works way better for us simply in terms of flight times.

By the time we get off the ship around 9am (usually after a really early wake up for customs), we then have usually a long wait for a flight to LA and then our flight from LA to Auckland doesn't leave until about 9-10pm or later so it makes it a whole wasted day at airports.

If we do WDW last, we can sleep in that last morning, have an early lunch and then make a leisurely trip to the airport for our flight to LA.

I've not really thought about plans for PCC4.0 - its too far in advance but we will most likely tack on 2-3 weeks in Florida so might pop the cruise into the middle of it. It may well depend on DVC availability at this time of year.

Wow Paula...spending 2-3 weeks in Florida sounds so nice....we just can't get that much time off of work at one time.

When doing a long haul flight like that, we have to make it worth it - our flight is 1.5 hours to Auckland from where we live, then 12 hours to LA then across to Florida... so with the time and huge expense in the flights alone, we have to go for at least 3 weeks IMO.

Also we get 4 weeks leave by law each year and I get an additional week for long service leave. :)

I will be staying for a while in Orlando either before or after the cruise. As I'm from the UK I like to spend at least two weeks out in America to make it worth flying over the pond. It will also be the first time I've been to the parks at Christmas so I want to have chance to experience all the Christmas festivities.

We will be there two to three days early. It helps reduce the chance of travel issues.

On POD2.0 we also stayed an extra couple days but I'm not sure we will do that this time since it's really close to Christmas week.

Mark

We are going to be there before and after the cruise.

We have to look into the exact dates that we are down but we are arriving no later the December 7th and we leave not earlier then December 17th and in total the trip is 2.5 weeks......

I will be staying for a while in Orlando either before or after the cruise. As I'm from the UK I like to spend at least two weeks out in America to make it worth flying over the pond. It will also be the first time I've been to the parks at Christmas so I want to have chance to experience all the Christmas festivities.

Christmastime is so great at WDW...the decorations are beautiful...you will love it....and there's MVMCP...we went last year, and I really enjoyed it.

If you go before the cruise and arrive the previous weekend, you may get to see the Christmas Day parade being filmed if that might interest you. That's what we plan to do...:banana:

We are going to be there before and after the cruise.

We have to look into the exact dates that we are down but we are arriving no later the December 7th and we leave not earlier then December 17th and in total the trip is 2.5 weeks......

:yay: maybe we can do a drink around the world after the cruise !!!

:yay: maybe we can do a drink around the world after the cruise !!!

You know the rule...
You sugested it you ahve to organize it.
And yeah if there is one organized i'm going to be there!!!!

You know the rule...
You sugested it you ahve to organize it.
And yeah if there is one organized i'm going to be there!!!!

Ahhh nuts !!!!! Me and my big mouth :lmao:...just joking...ok I can do this....it would have to be the day we get back, as we are planning to fly home the next day....but I'm in. Just wondering, since I didn't get to be at the others, how long does this take, and when should I tell everyone to meet up? I'll start a post to spark interest....see you there!!

BTW...my daughter wants to do a drink around the island on CC...I figure we could get that started after lunch...you in for that too (you better say yes..)

We just booked a 1BR villa at BWV from Wed 12/5-Sat 12/8. Looking forward to spending time at Epcot taking in the Christmas festivities. We went to MVMCP after DISapalooza this year so we'll skip it this year.

We are booked at VWL for the 2 nights after the cruise.
It's most likely we will fly in the day before the cruise and stay at the airport Hyatt and use the DCL transfer from there (or rent a car- not sure yet).

So glad to have those ressies taken care of!! :banana:

Made ressies at All Star Movies for a few days after. Likely will switch from ressie the njight before if a deal is arranged for Swan/Dolphin. Didn't get to do MVMCP last time, so hopefully this time. And DD will want to do EPCOT [since she'll be 21 will be interested in Drink Around the World, but its way to early to organize that] .

We're staying two nights at OKW precruise.

Haven't booked our post cruises yet, Have to wait until Sunday.
Skye

I don't know if I'll arrive on December 1st and spend the week divided between WDW and Universal, or arrive even earlier. My annual pass expires December 3rd, and I'll want to get every last day out of it. I still have an unused 7-day Universal Orlando ticket, so I might spend the rest of the pre-cruise week there. I'll probably fly home when the cruise ends on the 15th. It's still way too early for me to worry about those arrangements.

Flying in sometime on the 2nd with my parents and we're staying at BWV, my DH will arrive sometime later in the week.

Flying in the morning on November 28 & staying at the Poly then switching to Sports the next day until the 8th & after the cruise i'm going to Pop for a day to get some more park time in before I have to back. Might as well utilize that new AP i'm getting :)

We just made our plane reservations. We're flying in the Friday before the cruise and staying with friends and flying back home the Sunday after. Maybe we'll hit Epcot Saturday afternoon before we have our usual last nite dinner at Shula's. Sure wish we could spend more time there but have to get home to make more money for more trips!

DD probably isn't coming with us, so might change my plans to a couple days before and a couple days after, instead of just a few days after. Depends on dates for MVMCP and DATW. Didn't get to do MVMCP after PCC 2, so really want to do it this time.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!