WCC for breakfast this morning

Luv2Roam

DIS Veteran
:cool1:
This was our second time dining at WCC for breakfast. (We had also dined there for breakfast mid-December on a Thursday morning.)
I called a little over an hour before our arrival and easily secured an ADR for two adults.
We even arrived about a half hour early and only had to wait 5 - 10 minutes before being seated. (Although the place was nowhere near full.)

We had a very good server --Midi. And we were lucky she was so good because the service coming from the kitchen was not. Although there was nothing wrong with the food. We could only assume they were understaffed in the kitchen.

WCC was probably a little over half full of guests. So they were busy, but certainly no where near full capacity. We suspected this would be the case as when I made the ADR I had my pick for any time I wanted.

We placed our order right away for the all you care to eat skillet (for both of us). DH drank coffee. I drank milk. (Typical Disney weak Nescafe coffee -- sorry strong/good coffee lovers.)
Our server and I both noticed a small dab of old crusted food on my plate and she wisked the dirty plate away. :crazy2:

The last time we ate there for breakfast we were amazed how fast our food arrived.
Just the opposite this time. :bored: :cat:
Our server even came over a few times apologizing. The tables around us were not getting their food either, and it seemed like a 50/50 split between guests ordering the skillet and off the menu. Either way the food in our area was slow at coming.

It was one of those times where you debate to just pay for the beverages and leave. :confused3 By the time we did that, we would finally get the food. So we sat.

Finally the skillet arrived. And we must have been at the tail end of what was remaining, because a skimpy skillet it was. And it did not even come with the biscuits for the gravy. :sad2: We flagged down our server. She apologized and said she would place an order in.

The bacon we did get was poor, but tasty. Good bacon, but it was mostly crumbled. I could only imagine someone in the kitchen just dumped what bacon was remaining into our skillet. (It could not be picked up without a spoon.) So we had maybe 2 decent pieces of bacon, no biscuits, and skimpy on the remaining food, except potatoes. :confused3
We could only assume they were short handed in the kitchen and just could not keep up.

The server came back (no biscuits yet) and apologized for the delay and skillet (without us saying anything about it). She immediately offered to order a whole new skillet for us, and we took her up on it. (Normally we would not go through two skillets for the two of us.)
I told DH his gravy would be cold by the time he got the biscuits. He said it would just remind him of Cracker Barrel! :rotfl:

A little more of a wait. :bored: I told DH we could play this up all day and just stay around long enough for all our meals. :rotfl2:

Second skillet comes out and looks like what their skillet should look! :cheer2: All was normal.

But again, we were very glad to have such a good server who took care of us without our constant badgering.

Everyone has their bad days. And today's was the WCC kitchen's turn. This certainly would not hinder us from giving them another try, unless this became their norm.

There was even less group antics than usual. There were several kids there. But not a lot as usual. We never did see kids get up front, rides the wood stick horses, etc, this time. But the servers seemed to be doing their usual table antics.

We used the DDE discount.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter