Water Parks.....acceptable footwear for slides, etc.

CarpeDisney

Mouseketeer
Heading down to WDW this Saturday :cool1:, and we have plans to go to a water park sometime during the trip.

Can anyone let me know what kinds of footwear (if any) are permitted to be worn on the water slides, tube rides, etc. We are planning to bring both sandals and water shoes for the trip, but don't know which to bring along for this day.

With small children (ages 5 and 3) we want to be sure we can keep everyone's feet protected from the heat of the pathways while not having to lug around multiple pairs of shoes to change in and out of throughout the day.

Thanks in advance for your advice.

I bought these water shoes in the water park last year they were about $18 inc tax and they were great you can wear them on everything and it stops from your feet burning off the hot floor!! :)

*you can also buy them in your local bargain world etc however it's best to buy in the parks as you don't want to waste money if your not permitted to wear them as they are strict on footwear in the water parks and the shoes you can get are for all ages.

Thanks for the reply.

Are these just standard "water shoes", or are they unique in any way that makes them acceptable by the parks?

Nope, I'm pretty sure they wouldn't be picky on what type of water shoes. No need to buy them in the parks when you can get them much cheaper elsewhere.

I dont believe they allow any footwear on the speed slides (summit plummet, etc) because if your foot catches it can cause serious injury, but I think standard water shoes are ok for everything else, and i think you can hold your shoes on those??

Here's the info from disney's site

Shoes

We recommend that you wear water shoes or flip-flops while visiting Disney's Blizzard Beach, as you may choose to climb stairs to access certain attractions. Plus, the ground can get hot and so will your feet!

my kids were not allowed to wear footwear on the water slides at Blizzard Beach or Typhoon Lagoon. They were allowed to hold them against their bodies though when they went down.

I would definitely bring something with you with the plans to just hold them on the way down.

You may want to bring whatever you decide to wear with you. This because both TL & BB were sold out of water shoes when I needed them. I made the mistake of bring cheap water shoes from home and after an hour the inner sole came loose. It was impossible to get it back in and the shoes where EXTREMELY painfully to wear without the inner. I had no choice but to go barefoot - we don't lay around so I walked for 7+ hours barefoot. Between the hot sidewalks, the stairs and the abrasive surfaces, my feet were destroyed. This year I'm wearing my running shoes - Vibram five Fingers. Obviously the VFF would not be cost effective for one trip, but I would thoroughly test whatever shoe you bring to make sure they don't fall apart like mine did.

They will ask you to hold your shoes on some slides.

Have a blast!!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter