Walt Disney World is in a Deep Freeze

mjaclyn

Currently in Wonderland
Let me just say... I love Frozen. I think it's an excellent film with incredible music and an amazing cast. My family and I had SO much fun at the Frozen Summer events at Hollywood Studios last month, and my DD7 has dolls, costumes, pens, you name it...from the movie.

However...

Am I the only one who feels like Frozen is now being completely shoved down my throat? Frozen Summer has now been extended, Maelsrom is being re-themed to a Frozen attraction with a meet & greet in the Norway pavilion, there's already a meet & greet in the Magic Kingdom, not to mention Frozen has been added to almost every parade and fireworks show. Now there's talk of Elsa using her magic to 'transform' Cinderella Castle at night during the winter months. Personally, I feel like Disney waited FAR too long to bring them into the parks after the movie was released, and now that they're here..it's like Frozen overload.

Yes, the movie is a huge success and I expect Disney to take advantage of that. It seems like at first there was nothing and now I'm drowning in it. Does anyone else feel the same way?

No you are not the only one. I feel the same way. I loved the movie and I really don't mind Disney cashing in on it - BUT - it does feel like a bit too much for me.

I enjoyed the movie well enough, but familiarity breeds contempt. I doubt it will be as bad once I actually step foot on property, but from the outside looking in Frozen-fatigue is starting to set in.

you are definitely not the only one... DH and I love the Maelstrom ride and we are going to miss it when it "disappears" :(

As much as I loved it all this summer. I have to say seeing HS with all the Frozen banners, stage etc. took away from the nostalgia I normally feel in that park. Not sure yet what I think of the whole Epcot thing...:scared:

Let me just say... I love Frozen. I think it's an excellent film with incredible music and an amazing cast. My family and I had SO much fun at the Frozen Summer events at Hollywood Studios last month, and my DD7 has dolls, costumes, pens, you name it...from the movie.

However...

Am I the only one who feels like Frozen is now being completely shoved down my throat? Frozen Summer has now been extended, Maelsrom is being re-themed to a Frozen attraction with a meet & greet in the Norway pavilion, there's already a meet & greet in the Magic Kingdom, not to mention Frozen has been added to almost every parade and fireworks show. Now there's talk of Elsa using her magic to 'transform' Cinderella Castle at night during the winter months. Personally, I feel like Disney waited FAR too long to bring them into the parks after the movie was released, and now that they're here..it's like Frozen overload.

Yes, the movie is a huge success and I expect Disney to take advantage of that. It seems like at first there was nothing and now I'm drowning in it. Does anyone else feel the same way?

Judging by the number of threads asking the same question, yes.

We spent about 2 hours at HS and went back to EPCOT. Was not impressed with the execution of the skating and snow thing, but I give props for trying something new.

Some of the merchandise doesn't even look like the characters, like they just rushed out the design to China or something without caring the samples look nothing like the characters.

I'm hearing that Norway is actually going to be more like Maelstrom with Anna and Elsa rather than a complete recap of the movie which is good news.

You people are never happy...you complain when things don't change...you complain when the Frozen line goes four hours. They make a new attraction out of an aging one (which you all clamor for every day in here). They provide a second place for Elsa and Anna meet and greet. They finally have a movie that is universally applauded, and can do something with.
My word folks.......be happy about SOMETHING for a change will you please..there, rant over..flame away

Not really.

AK has nothing Frozen.
Epcot has very little (until this).
Even MK will end up having very little of it other than the parade and the M&G.
I think the only park that got taken over a bit was DHS but I think adding anything new there is a good thing. We enjoyed the singalong. The parade and the ice skating..eh.

I think by the time they finish the ride in Epcot, the only other things left will be the parade, the M&G and possibly the singalong in DHS.

You people are never happy...you complain when things don't change...you complain when the Frozen line goes four hours. They make a new attraction out of an aging one (which you all clamor for every day in here). They provide a second place for Elsa and Anna meet and greet. They finally have a movie that is universally applauded, and can do something with.
My word folks.......be happy about SOMETHING for a change will you please..there, rant over..flame away

Are you certain it's the same people complaining that there's too much Frozen that were complaining that there's not enough Frozen?

We spent about 2 hours at HS and went back to EPCOT. Was not impressed with the execution of the skating and snow thing, but I give props for trying something new.

Some of the merchandise doesn't even look like the characters, like they just rushed out the design to China or something without caring the samples look nothing like the characters.

I'm hearing that Norway is actually going to be more like Maelstrom with Anna and Elsa rather than a complete recap of the movie which is good news.

The skating and the snow area were definitely not impressive. But people seemed to be enjoying it.

Its the same people who complain about everything. :):):):):):):)
I just find it amazing after years here the negative tone everyone seems to take about EVERYTHING.

Pretty sure I have never asked for any of the things you've suggested, but feel free to prove me wrong. Of course, I also don't equate "Frozen fatigue is setting in" with "OMG DISNEY IS THE DEVIL!!!!!!!!11"

I'm not a fan so to be honest, I don't really notice all the Frozen "extras". They were in the Festival of Fantasy Parade and that's the extent that I've seen them since I rarely go into the gift shops.:confused3

I'm not a fan so to be honest, I don't really notice all the Frozen "extras". They were in the Festival on Fantasy Parade and that's the extent that I've seen them since I rarely go into the gift shops.:confused3

At Magic Kingdom, Epcot, and Animal Kingdom the Frozen stuff is very subdued or non-existent.

At DHS with the "Frozen Summer Fun" it is everywhere, but it certainly isn't enough to bother me. DHS never held much visual appeal to me, especially after they put the giant hat in to block the Chinese Theater. So Frozen banners hanging everywhere don't really ruin the ambiance which didn't exist to begin with.

Its the same people who complain about everything. :):):):):):):)
I just find it amazing after years here the negative tone everyone seems to take about EVERYTHING.

Doesn't look like it to me. I've even seen a few people who are unhappy about the Norway change that have otherwise demonstrated in the past that they would defend Disney if they were boiling children in a pot. :stir:

I just love threads that start with "you people". :rolleyes1 You're working overtime to make friends and influence people.

I don't really have strong feelings about Norway being taken over by Frozen. I don't have the strong feelings about Epcot that many here do. But I do have very strong feelings about the fact that the mouse never seems to be able to give without taking away. Would it kill them to put it somewhere that results in it being a NET NEW ATTRACTION?

Doesn't look like it to me. I've even seen a few people who are unhappy about the Norway change that have otherwise demonstrated in the past that they would defend Disney if they were boiling children in a pot. :stir:

Mmmm children in a pot.........don't forget the garlic.

I have plenty of friends and have been coming here for 8 years....The overwhelmingly negative posts lately just have me worked up. Im thrilled they are pursuing Frozen to its utmost potential. It will die down like everything does eventually. Until then I say feed the masses what they want. In any event if I offended some of YOU PEOPLE, I'll be OK and so will you.:):):)

I'm aware there was a Frozen movie, that A&E are an extremely popular character meet, and that Norway will soon be transformed into a Frozen themed attraction. But I really know little else about the phenomenon. I might not even recognize the characters if I saw them wandering around. It doesn't feel like it's being shoved down my throat. Seems easy enough to ignore if you're not interested.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter