walk ups

tiggerpoohtoo

Earning My Ears
we just got back and were on the dlx dining plan. I had schedual all our adrs but for nearly every signature meal we arrived an hour or 2 early and asked if we could be seated early. They were always able to accomidated us. we finally asked at calf. grill why the room was so empty. They told us that the resv. system has some glitches still and showes rest. booked but they were not . she said right now if you want a certain rest. and can not get it to be sure to walk up and ask if there are any openings and chances are there will be. So keep this in mind while you are there and want a certain rest.

I truly believe that the vast majority of 'signature restaurants' may have this abililty. But, don't try it with LeCellier or many other popular restaurants. I have arrived an hour or so before a high end (signature) meal and was able to be seated. But, that has never happened at a regular meal...even if I arrived 20 mins early, I was told to return in 10 mins, that they wouldn't seat me until just before my ADR time arrived.

While you say that you were told that the reservation system has some glitches in it, I can't imagine why someone going now would be impacted by it...unless you just made the ADRs within the last week or so. ADRs made several months ago should be okay..shouldn't they??? If not, I'm not going to be a happy camper when I show up for an ADR in August and am told that there was a 'glitch in the system' and they can't find my ADR so I'm out of luck.

While you say that you were told that the reservation system has some glitches in it, I can't imagine why someone going now would be impacted by it...unless you just made the ADRs within the last week or so. ADRs made several months ago should be okay..shouldn't they??? If not, I'm not going to be a happy camper when I show up for an ADR in August and am told that there was a 'glitch in the system' and they can't find my ADR so I'm out of luck.

My thinking was that people were canceling their ADRs, but the system wasn't putting the availability back into the pool. Ths would mean that until this glitch was fixed, there will be more and more walk up availability as there are more cancelatons that don't go back into the pool.

This would also mean that when the glitch is fixed, there will be a whole lot of availability suddenly appear.

we were seated 2hours earlier at Jiko's, Calf. grill, Narcoose, and one hour earlier at le cellier. It was the staff at calf. grill that told me about the glitch and said that walk ups were able to get tables do to it. I wish I would have known this on our trip instead of the last night as we would have liked to eat there twice. You should also have a back up rest. but defently try to walk up then cancell your other rest.

the adr system is not cancelling adrs. It's just showing no availablity when in actualality there are,when you are trying to book them. That is why the staff said they had empty tables. By the way I saw two rest.

My thinking was that people were canceling their ADRs, but the system wasn't putting the availability back into the pool.

That happened to me! I had Le Cellier booked, but needed to change the number (went from 3 to 4). I thought if I cancelled it I could go in and rebook it right away. I'm in Europe and did this in the morning here which is the middle of the night in the US. So it's doubtful someone snagged it in that brief minute. It didn't show up, even for the number of people on the original reservation. I kept checking and checking and it never did show up again even for 3 people. So I wonder if it never went back in the 'pool'.

I was crushed! In the end, I was able to get LC for another night (not a convenient night, but beggars can't be choosers!!).

The reservation system is down right now (it's 3:45 AM EST, 9:45 AM for me), so I wonder it they are making some more changes to it? It's been down several hours!

Kim

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter