• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Walk to Marriott World Center pool

stormer

DIS Veteran
Can you walk to the pool at Marriott World Center hotel from either Sabal Palms or Royal Palms? Is one closer than the other?

I believe Sabal is closer!

That's right, Sabal Palms is a lot closer. Walking access to the hotel pool area is from a path that runs from the resort, by the Spa building and right over to the pools - it's maybe a five minute or so walk depending on where within the Sabal Palms grounds you're starting from. From Royal Palms, the walk would probably be 12 to 20 minutes and you'd likely go from the Royal property by sidewalk and then cross to the conference center (once at the conference center you can go inside and follow the corridor up to the main hotel and cross the lobby to the stairs that lead outside to the pool area). There are also shuttles that go between the resorts and the hotel.

Dick Taylor

They have a shuttle to Sabal, Royal, and Imperial. Some think Sabal is closer. I don't know about that. They are decent walks 10-15 minutes. I was at Imperial. Definately a pain but so is waiting for the shuttle. That said, the world pool is amazing.

Thanks. We are staying in August for the first time and the reviews about both seem pretty similar. I know we will want to spend time at the pool so I was wondering about the walk as opposed to the shuttle. we are excited for our first stay!

Yes, Sabal is A LOT closer than the others. In the past, we've been able to call for a golf cart and have been picked up. Not sure that they do this anymore, but it was so awesome. :thumbsup2

Thanks. We are staying in August for the first time and the reviews about both seem pretty similar. I know we will want to spend time at the pool so I was wondering about the walk as opposed to the shuttle. we are excited for our first stay!

I know Royal does not have its own pool. Imperial and Royal share a pool in the central area but Imperial has its own pool and hot tub as well. Royal does not (or at least they did not when we were there in 2006). Royal also has a number of units which are close to 535 so you'll have a lot of road noise.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter