VWL Groupies & Lovers Thread (Special Collectors Edition 2.0) updated 21 June 2023

As long as I've been around I never knew that abbreviation I guess because never having stayed there I never paid attention. So what does the B stand for?
The B does stand for Bungalows. "Disney's Polynesian Villas and Bungalows" is the official name of the DVC resort at Polynesian Village. I believe @KAT4DISNEY was just saying that the PVB abbreviation also includes the studios, so while she did stay at PVB, that doesn't automatically mean she was in a bungalow. She stayed at PVB because PVB is the whole resort, studios AND bungalows together. Every resort typically gets a three-letter abbreviation (except Riviera, because the name is too short), so all of Poly is PVB.

Conversely, CCV is the most common three-letter abbreviation for "Copper Creek Villas and Cabins". Because that's a long name, while CCVC would make most sense, it's also four letters long, so the final C gets lopped off.

Last edited:
As long as I've been around I never knew that abbreviation I guess because never having stayed there I never paid attention. So what does the B stand for?
You were correct! The B does stand for Bungalows. Jimmy gave a great response how PVB is all encompassing of DVC at Poly. Polynesian Villas and Bungalows. I stayed in one of the studios, not the "B" part. :teeth:

I was going to “wing it” and not make a Candlelight Processional dining reservation since we will be with our son, dil, and grandson. They are headed home the day before we are so I thought I’d check to see if anything is available. The narrator is Ann Margaret, so not surprising, there is nothing available for a party of 2. Out of curiosity, I edited the search to 3 and several options were available. What’s that about?

I was going to “wing it” and not make a Candlelight Processional dining reservation since we will be with our son, dil, and grandson. They are headed home the day before we are so I thought I’d check to see if anything is available. The narrator is Ann Margaret, so not surprising, there is nothing available for a party of 2. Out of curiosity, I edited the search to 3 and several options were available. What’s that about?
That’s about the stupid ADR booking system saying there a no 2-tops but there is a 3-top available and saving the latter for a party of 3. I’d book it, wait a little bit, then go back and Modify it to a party of 2. If I couldn’t modify online, I’d call.

IMG_1894.jpegIMG_1893.jpeg
Yesterday, Casey and I went to Virginia International Raceway to run charity laps for The Victory Junction Gang camp. Its a camp that Richard Petty and his son Kyle set up for kids with disabilities and life threatening illness to go and just be kids for a week. They are both Nascar drivers, its been a family business for years and the natural progression was that Adam Petty, Kyles son, would be the next in line. Sadly he lost his life in a racing accident a few years ago. So Kyle decided to start the camp in Adams honor, knowing Adams heart had a passion for kids with issues. Richard was wondering around so I got this pic of him and said hello. He won the most Nascar races ever at 200 wins and will probably hold that record for many more years. He is a very down to earth kind of guy and hasn't forgot where he came from.
Caseys mustang in the other photo is getting warmed up and ready to ride. We turned about 120 MPH down the straights. Not bad considering there were 50 other cars out there at the same time. Bit too fast for this ol man being the passenger but Casey is a good driver so I trust him to keep it on track:scared:

Last edited:
View attachment 809565View attachment 809567
Yesterday, Casey and I went to Virginia International Raceway to run charity laps for The Victory Junction Gang camp. Its a camp that Richard Petty and his son Kyle set up for kids with disabilities and life threatening illness to go and just be kids for a week. They are both Nascar drivers, its been a family business for years and the natural progression was that Adam Petty, Kyles son, would be the next in line. Sadly he lost his life in a racing accident a few years ago. So Kyle decided to start the camp in Adams honor, knowing Adams heart had a passion for kids with issues. Richard was wondering around so I got this pic of him and said hello. He won the most Nascar races ever at 200 wins and will probably hold that record for many more years. He is a very down to earth kind of guy and hasn't forgot where he came from.
Caseys mustang in the other photo is getting warmed up and ready to ride. We turned about 120 MPH down the straights. Not bad considering there were 50 other cars out there at the same time. Bit too fast for this ol man being the passenger but Caey is a good driver so I trust him to keep it on track:scared:
The King! How cool.

So we were talking tonight about what things we might want to buy in a grocery order for our January trip. Probably going to order from walmart.

But I'm also curious...I think I remember seeing something about various food items like chips and stuff available at a shop at Wilderness Lodge. Is that at the quick service place or somewhere else? What types of things do they usually have?

So we were talking tonight about what things we might want to buy in a grocery order for our January trip. Probably going to order from walmart.

But I'm also curious...I think I remember seeing something about various food items like chips and stuff available at a shop at Wilderness Lodge. Is that at the quick service place or somewhere else? What types of things do they usually have?
https://disneyvacationclub.disney.go.com/faq/pre-arrival-checklist/grocery-order

sign in to see what’s offered.

Hello all! Love to read all about the VWL and live vicariously through all of you until my next trip. I have a question about room 4533 (studio) and thought this might be the best group of people to ask. Why does it not have a balcony? I thought I read an explanation somewhere, but I can't find it or remember! Any insight? Thank you!

The Wilderness Lodge Mercantile, just off the lobby on the way to the bus stops and BRV, has a grocery section with the items shown on the list @bobbiwoz linked. When it's just DH and myself, we often just shop there for breakfast and snack items vs. driving to Publix for a larger order.

Hello all! Love to read all about the VWL and live vicariously through all of you until my next trip. I have a question about room 4533 (studio) and thought this might be the best group of people to ask. Why does it not have a balcony? I thought I read an explanation somewhere, but I can't find it or remember! Any insight? Thank you!
From what I understand I'd call it a sort of design boo boo. If you look at the floor maps you'll see that the rooms below it are either a 1BR or a 2BR. At VWL those 2 room types do not have balconies off of every room. In order to make the outside consistent they did not place a balcony on the 4th floor either. It raises the question of why the 4th floor was a studio vs another 1 or 2BR but I don't know if I've ever seen an answer on that.

The Wilderness Lodge Mercantile, just off the lobby on the way to the bus stops and BRV, has a grocery section with the items shown on the list @bobbiwoz linked. When it's just DH and myself, we often just shop there for breakfast and snack items vs. driving to Publix for a larger order.

Thanks, unfortunately the few items my son will eat for snacks aren't on there (no Cheez-its or Goldfish?? C'mon!). So looks like we'll just need to make a delivery order instead. I think we'd need to do it for water anyway. We buy bottled water ($$$) with meals and as needed in the parks but I prefer less pricey water when we're in the room.

Im late but Happy Veterans Day to all our vets who served. I know of a few who served here on the Groupies. I always make it a point to call my family members who served to say thank you. I have a strong sense of pride in them along with others I know, and remind them, they are the reason we can lay our heads down at night and sleep well, knowing they had or still have our backs to keep our nation free.

Hey Mie!
KAT4DISNEY gave as good an explanation that makes sense as any I've heard or read before. The 1st time I remember hearing about this room, MagicalMCWho and his dear family were staying in that room and he invited me over to see it. Even then I thought, how odd:confused3

Im late but Happy Veterans Day to all our vets who served. I know of a few who served here on the Groupies. I always make it a point to call my family members who served to say thank you. I have a strong sense of pride in them along with others I know, and remind them, they are the reason we can lay our heads down at night and sleep well, knowing they had or still have our backs to keep our nation free.
I'm so late to the board here...

THANK YOU to ALL service men, women and their families - Thank you for your sacrifice made to protect our citizens and our way of life.

I have been trying to contact MS via email this morning, but the “done” link is grayed out. Can you only send emails via the website during regular operating hours?:confused3

I have been trying to contact MS via email this morning, but the “done” link is grayed out. Can you only send emails via the website during regular operating hours?:confused3
Being west coast I'll frequently send after hours. Did it ever come back for you? Or was thee some check box they wanted you to click or something before being able to send it?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter