Vrbo

johnson5

Earning My Ears
I have never rented a Condo from anyone before and I'm clueless! I found VRBO and saw several listed. Has anyone ever stayed there? I am looking for a 2 bedroom non-smoking rental. It needs to be smoke, pet free and clean. We are only going to Down Town Disney so it doesn't need to be close to WDW. I would prefer to not spent much more then $110/night. Any other suggestions?

I have never rented a Condo from anyone before and I'm clueless! I found VRBO and saw several listed. Has anyone ever stayed there? I am looking for a 2 bedroom non-smoking rental. It needs to be smoke, pet free and clean. We are only going to Down Town Disney so it doesn't need to be close to WDW. I would prefer to not spent much more then $110/night. Any other suggestions?

Not sure what you mean "has anyone ever stayed there"? The listings on VRBO are places that are owned by many different people in many different places. I have rented DVC on there and 3 different condos for vacation. I have never had a problem with any of them and I saved lots of money. I always pay with paypal incase there is an issue. Usually on the bottom of the "place" you are looking at....there are reviews from people that have stayed on that property. The ones I have stayed at have cleaning fees so if you stay for one night it really ups the price if you are staying a few days it doesnt average out to very much extra per night. Good Luck.

My sister used VRBO for a Disney trip a few years ago. They went with another family and loved it. She has also used it for trips to Gulf Shores. I have identified a property on VRBO we will use for a trip to Washington, DC next year.

I think it's similar to hotel sites... sometimes you'll get a dud, but if you look at the reviews for consistency (there will always be someone who's expectations can never be met), you should be okay.

Good luck!!

VRBO is a reputable, secure site and they list thousands of properties all over the world. Many people use VRBO to book their holidays as it saves a lot of money vs booking direct through the hotel/resort. You can even buy travel insurance through them to protect yourself if you feel wary about it.

We have booked through them ourselves as well as advertise our own home on it :)

I've used VRBO a bunch of times. Mostly for houses on Martha's Vineyard, but also on St. John and Paris. It is a reputable site, but make sure you read up on how it works. Be an informed renter and you won't get burned.

I have used VRBO numerous times for visits to Siesta Key, FL and NH without any problems. First place I look for vacation rentals other than for Disney where we prefer onsite.

I recently stayed in this condo: http://www.homeaway.com/vacation-re...yid_text_o_loth&utm_campaign=VRBOOwnerInquiry

I found it on homeaway.com, which is owned by vrbo.com. It was perfect - it looked just like the pictures.

One thing that might be a dealbreaker for you: the pool is currently being renovated, so if you want a pool, this isn't a great choice right now.

Just to echo what others have said we have used VRBO and Homeaway repeatedly and with great success. We have used it them in many different states. We have found we prefer to stay in condos/homes rented by homeowners not businesses. Usually if its someone's actual home there are nicer touches and a bit cleaner. Not that we've ever had a horrible experience by any means. We have found we much prefer using them verses booking hotels! Good luck on your search!

I used VRBO just this past week and was perfect, just as pictured I was in pigeon forge ,TN. just read reviews and go by that, don't think it will be perfect and you will not be disappointed, if it is perfect you will be very pleased. oh yeah , the cleaning fee and resort fees on some can be high, check that out also. find one in the normal range.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter