Volunteer Group for GKTW - Dec 9, 2011 - FINAL UPDATE

*NikkiBell*

Livin’ that DVC & AP life!
gtkwlogo.jpg

Give Kids the World is always in need of volunteers. Because so many of us are going to be at WDW this December for DAP, I thought it'd be nice to get a group together to volunteer at GKTW. Details will be discussed in this thread.

UPDATE: 12/1:

Our group is scheduled to work together in the Gingerbread House from 7:30-11 a.m.

gbh.jpg

Please check in at the volunteer building once you get to GKTW. There are signs directing you. You then will be brought to the Gingerbread House. Once you are done, they will give a complete tour of the village from 11-12. This is an excellent tour and really sheds light on the village and its mission. There is a gift shop located in the village in case you want to purchase items. Just ask your tour guide for the location.

In the past, DISers wore their DIS Boards or DIS Unplugged shirts to help identify each other. Because you all are working in the same area, this is not entirely necessary, but might be nice to do so that the staff knows where you all are from. If you do not have a DIS shirt, consider wearing something with orange or green on it.

Give Kids The World Village
210 South Bass Road
Kissimmee, FL 34746
800-995-KIDS (Tel)
407-396-1114 (Tel)
407-396-1207 (Fax)
dream@gktw.org

UPDATE 11/18:

Hi All,

I just wanted to let you know that this is the final list of volunteers. All of the below applicants have returned the appropriate paperwork and are on the schedule:

Daniel A.
Elizabeth A.
Katherine B.
Cristen C.
Tara D.
Mary Anne M.
Marie S.

Please check this thread prior to your leaving for DAP so you have specifics about arrival procedures.

When: December 9, 2011 :banana:

Who: Anyone Interested

What: Volunteering at GKTW can range from serving breakfast or ice cream, running the carousel, delivering meals, or working with the ponies. Once I have specific information about the shifts available, I can post it here. That won't happen until I have a head count of who is interested in joining us. I have already spoken to our contact and the ball is rolling!

How: Please post a reply to this thread stating if you are interested. I will need your name and email address so that I can send the volunteer form to you. You may leave it in this post or PM it to me.

If you have questions about volunteering check out the primer here or post a reply in this thread. I hope you can make it! :goodvibes

UPDATE: I did speak with our contact at GKTW and they do need volunteers the morning of Dec. 9th from 7:30-11 am at the Gingerbread House serving breakfast. If you are interested in volunteering, please post here so I have a running list. I am still personally not sure if I can make it as I'm working out travel details (I'm flying in that day). Even if I cannot make it, I will organize the group so things run smoothly.

Volunteers So Far:

myweegirls & DH
sugardimples & Partner
TSWJan78
evildiva
Dian-er
ninecrayons

UPDATE: Please complete the following before the end of September if you still plan on volunteering.

Step 1: Completing a Give Kids the World Volunteer Application:

• Visit www.gktw.org and click on the “Volunteer” tab
• Click the link for the Online Volunteer Application
• Volunteers should complete the application in its entirety
• Please ensure to list the appropriate Group Name in the box provided, which is DIS Unplugged

Step 2:

Completing a Volunteer Background Check (ONLY for those 18 or older):
• Visit http://gktw.volunteerportal.net and fill in the current password: volunteer

I'm already scheduled to volunteer for a full day on Dec 8... :confused3

But this is a great idea. :)

Sayhello

Hi Nikki,

Great idea! Eric (DEA on the boards) and I are interested in signing on for that morning. We won't have a car, so we'll have to sort out transportation. We'll both be first-time volunteers, at last!

XO
Liz

Please sign my daughter Katie and I up. I would like to volunteer with the photographer and Katie would like to drive the bus again.

The last I talked to Connie they only had the shift in the Gingerbread House serving breakfast available from 7:30-11 am. Other groups will be working the other locations. Still interested?

I would love to do this, but I have a tour planned. I'm going to have to look over my trip plans. Luckily I have a great TA! :thumbsup2

My partner and I would love to do this. Please PM me. Thank you for thinking of and organizing this!

Please look at the first post in this thread for important information from our volunteer coordinator.

Please add me to the volunteer list. I'm planning on renting a car, so I can drive probably three others if they need a lift from the property. I'll be staying at Pop Century. Please PM me and we can trade information.

Hi All,

I just heard from our contact at GKTW. If you have signed up or are interested in volunteering on December 9th, please complete the following by the end of September. They need to confirm how many are interested as soon as possible.

UPDATE: Please complete the following before the end of September if you still plan on volunteering.

Step 1: Completing a Give Kids the World Volunteer Application:

• Visit www.gktw.org and click on the “Volunteer” tab
• Click the link for the Online Volunteer Application
• Volunteers should complete the application in its entirety
• Please ensure to list the appropriate Group Name in the box provided, which is DIS Unplugged

Step 2:

Completing a Volunteer Background Check (ONLY for those 18 or older):
• Visit http://gktw.volunteerportal.net and fill in the current password: volunteer

Thanks for putting this together Nikki! I have filled out the form (twice for good measure). Also, I previously posted that I could provide rides, my car is now full with four additional riders. Can't wait to meet everyone!

I just filled out the volunteer application, will plan to be there Dec 9.
Thanks for putting ths together.

Katie and Diana, could you both please PM me your first and last name? I need to pass it along to GKTW.

EDIT on 11/20: Wow. Total senior moment. How could I ask Diana her last name when I already know it? ROFL Sorry about that.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter