Vistana Villages

mcqueengroupie

Mouseketeer
Hey all, we just got back from a stay at the Vistana Villages (6/7-6/14) and we really enjoyed our stay!!! We were in the Keys Section (yes the Vistana Villages has sections too) and we had a two bedroom lock off that was HUGE and beautiful. We swam at the Keys pool and the main pool and liked them both, it was clean and very quiet, yet a very quick trip to the parks. The only bad part was that we arrived at 10:30 am and our room wasn't ready till 5 pm. I guess it wouldn't have been that big of a deal but at 10:30 they made it sound like the room was almost ready. So we just wasted a ton of time waiting around for nothing. If they would have said there was no way of getting into the room before 4pm we would have left for the day. oh well, like I said the room was awesome so all was forgiven once we saw it. :rotfl:
If anyone has questions, let me know. Enjoy your stay.

Thanks so much for the TR.

The main Vistana did this one year---we checked in about 11 or 12 noon. They told us the room would be ready "soon", so we hung around. My mil was with us and not feeling her best (had just finished a round of chemo the week prior), and by 5pm I called. Got the response, "not quite done yet". Called again at 6 pm and still not done. I demanded to speak to a manager who put us in another section (we own in the Fountains but they upgraded us to the Lakes). Apparently the guests who left before us in the Fountains villa partied a little too hard and they had to clean the carpets and they were not drying well. But we stuck around waiting too....thinking it would be "soon" as they kept telling us. So I know what a pain that is. Glad u had a nice trip otherwise !
Any pics ? I don't see many of the Villages on these boards.
take care,

Glad to hear you had a nice stay. Our flight also gets in very early and was hoping for an early check-in. I think I will now be more specific if they say "soon". I would also love to see some pictures if you can download them, especially of the pool area. Did you go to the pool bar? How was it?

Hey all, I would love to post pictures, but I don't know how. When DH gets home from work, I'll ask him to give it a try. Yes, we did eat in the restaurant, I think it just recently opened, and it was good. It wasn't a huge selction, but they had all the basics covered. We really just picked at a apps. platter and chicken fingers for the kids. We also ate at the pool, they have waiters walking around taking orders, once again we just did apps. I do reccomend getting pina coladas, they were delish. The main pool is very large with beautiful waterfalls that my kids loved jumping through!! There was a "quiet" pool also which no floaty toys were allowed, we steered clear since we have a 6 and 3 year old, but we did sit in the hot tub. We also swam closer to our room in the Keys Pool, not as big and no waterfalls but fine, my kids didn't seem to care. Like I said I'll try to post some pics soon!!!

Hi Mcqueengroupie.....
To post photos, you need to upload your digital camera photos to your computer/hard drive. Once on your computer, you need to upload the photos to an online photo storage site, such as the one here on these boards or a number of other ones out there :
www.photobucket.com
www.imagestation.com

Here's some more info for you (the link to the DIS boards photo storage area is in here) :
http://disboards.com/showthread.php?s=&postid=4886029#post4886029

Good luck and hope to see some pics soon :yay:

thanks for posting....and looking forward to Pina coladas and whatever else they can whip up....during our stay at VV we will be going to Universal, but I am also looking forward to enjoying the resort. I really hope you are able to upload pictures...we leave 6 weeks from TODAY !!!

Sorry it has taken me so long to figure this picture thing out, but I think I did, hereare some photos, I have more if you want to see them.
P1010006.jpg

This is the check-in area and here is a pic of the main pool.

ok give me aminute, I'll try again, things are running soooo slow I think because of the heat, it's almost 100 outside here!!!!

it's almost 100 outside here!!!!
Yep...I'm in Philly area.....hit 99 here with a heat index of 105.
Looking forward to the pics when you get some time :)

DSCN0601.jpg

We had a two bedroom lockoff in the Keys section. Here is a pic from the full sized kitchen and living room on the larger side of the lockoff.
DSCN0603.jpg

And here a pic in the living area and kitchen of the smaller side.

You did it and the pics are awesome !
It's a beautiful resort. I think the pool looks a bit like the main Vistana Fountain pool with the waterfall.

Thanks so much :thumbsup2
Love the rainbow shot !!!

OK, now I know what I am doing, so here are some more pics for ya. First is the dining area of the large side, and then there are some from the master bathroom, it was huge!!!! Hope these help, have an awesome trip!!!!
DSCN0217.jpg

DSCN0605.jpg

DSCN0606.jpg

wow, thank you very much. Your pictures are really nice. I cant wait. I know I have more questions. We are from Pittsburgh and it is 95 here today, too. Very humid as well. I have the a/c on and I am still hot....doing laundry. Did you go to the presentation? How pushy are they?

We just booked with them for December. Thanks for sharing your pictures.

For the first 2 nights of our trip in November, we need a room and I have seen these. What is the difference between the Resort and Villas? I have seen photos of rooms with Jacuzzi's in them, which we are very interested in.

This will be the first leg of our Honeymoon and we ar trying to keep the cost down for this 2 night stay and I really liked the look of that room. Kinda looked Honeymoon Suiteish.

Was that a Villa or a Resort room?

Where might I find a good rate for said room?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter