• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Vistana Resort vs Vistana Villages

Noreen411

DIS Veteran
Hi

I have owned a timeshare at Vistana Resort for many years. I love it and usually go at least once a year to stay there. If it's just my husband and I we usually stay in the 1 bedroom premium. It's a larger one bedroom.

While trying to book this year's trip, the 1 bedroom premium isn't available. They do have the smaller 1 bedroom available.

However, if we want to stay at Vistana Villages, they have the larger 1 bedroom premium available.

The difference is mainly size and the large 1 bedroom has a balcony/patio and a large whirlpool tub in the master bedroom and a full size kitchen. The small one bedroom doesn't have the balcony/patio, the bathtub in the bathroom I think is also a jacuzzi, and it has a kitchenette. We aren't going to be cooking but like the refrigerator/freezer to have cold water and soda.

I stayed at Vistana Villages once years ago when they were just built so don't really remember much other than the road it was on was a bit of a pain to get out of the parking lot to head towards Disney.

So I'm hoping you can provide some advice on whether we should either stick with Vistana Resort in the smaller 1 bedroom or give Vistana Villages another shot in the larger 1 bedroom.

I know this isn't a huge problem, but since this is a board to discuss vacation issues, I'm hoping I can get some feedback.

Thank you
Noreen

Like you, we own at SVR. Last stay at SVV was about 6 years ago. The left out of the resort was a bit tough then, but now that there are lights at Darryl Carter Pkwy, it might be a bit easier (more interruption in traffic flow). You can always go out the opposite direction, and then take a U at the next crossover as well. I wouldn't let that one issue be a deciding factor.

SVV is a great resort, so it probably depends mostly on how much you value the extra space and amenities? Do you use the balcony regularly? Will you miss the ice maker in the fridge? My SIL stayed in a small 1BR in Cascades, while we stayed across the street in Springs. Their unit was still pretty roomy, plenty of space for two people for sure (they had 3) and had all the kitchen amenities only smaller.

Thank you for the feedback.
I also went and read the review thread for SVV (even though the last post is a year old).

I booked the premium 1 bedroom at Vistana Villages.

I requested top floor in the St Augustine section. I know it's just a request

Thank you

Hi Noreen , we are owners at the villages and in the last few years we have had your problem in reverse! Lol! Where by we couldn't get a two bed available in the villages but got one in the resort, anyway I see you have booked the villages and just wanted to say I'm sure the road won't be a problem for you and hope you have a wonderful time we will be there in September and are looking forward to returning to our home resort xxx

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter