Vistana Resort Review

We stayed at the Vistana in February and LOVED it! We loved the close proximity to the Disney parks and everything we experienced was top notch. Our unit was clean, quiet and the resort had everything we needed. We're planning a return trip in November.

and the view of the highway was not ideal.
RJL ~
Sounds like you may have been in Fountains II ? There are a small amount of villas in this section that do back up to the highway (there is a fence there). I always request "water view" for the Fountains so we are assured to never get that view. Like I said, thankfully there is only a small section of the Fountains that has this view. The majority of the Fountains has a pool or water view. I am in Fountains II right now (unit 1647) and have a nice view of a pond with a fountain. Unit is clean. Not one single bug since our Sat check-in. For years, here on the DIS, I have encouraged people to fill out the Diamond Lane form and request "water view". Checking in early helps. One time we were assigned one of those fence/highway units and I asked to be changed. They obliged. So in over 13 years of stays in the Fountains section we have had great views. Sorry you found it disappointing RJL.

Maria,

I hope you are having a great trip. Weather good?? Is fountains II newer than fountains?I did speak to Ada at Diamond Lake last week about cascades, thanks for the tip. I noticed that you will be returing home and we will just be leaving. Enjoy

Sue

RJL ~
For years, here on the DIS, I have encouraged people to fill out the Diamond Lane form and request "water view". Checking in early helps.

How does one get the Diamond Lane form? We are staying at the Vistana in November and I would like to fill this out and request a water view. Thanks!

Hi Sue !
Thanks...we are having fun.
Yes, Fountains II is newer. The jacuzzi tub is in the master bedroom (same as Lakes and Cascades). In the Fountains I, there is a whirlpool tub in the master bathroom. Our room was very clean upon check-in and we had our midweek touchup today while we were at the parks. They did a good job. My dd had gotten baby powder all over the tile floor in the bathroom and they swept it all up. I checked everywhere for signs of dirt or cobwebs etc. I can't find a thing.

It is hot and humid....but so was Philly when we left so we were conditioned for it. There have been big storm every day between noon and 5 pm. Then the sun seems to come back out by dinner. Right now, we're in our room having gotten back from the AK and it's storming bad now. The sky is black. You would think it's about 8 o'clock at night with how dark it is. Have ADR's at Crystal Palace at 6:15 pm so hope it gets out of here by then.

Piglet,
Here is the Diamond Lane online form :
https://www.mystarcentral.com/services/diamond.jsp?propertyId=01&IM=SVO_RC_DIA_SVR
Just fill this out about 30 days or so (you can do it earlier as well) and put in your requests. Hope this helps :thumbsup2

It's thundering and lightening here right now in Orlando so I better sign off........

Maria,

Glad you are having a good trip. We usually go this time of year to orlando and have experienced those thunderstorms. We always try to make the best of it. I am glad your room was very clean. I hope you continue to enjoy your trip. Glad to hear from you.

Sue

Thanks so much for the Diamond Check In link. We just purchased a 1br in the Lakes section.

We used diamond lane and we were assigned to Cascades :thumbsup2 , the room was very clean, rug was wet when we arrive, so they must have just washed it. We were very lucky that our room was ready at 2:00pm. So far so good with everything.

Thanks for the Diamond Lane link! My dh and I stayed at Vistana on our honeymoon and loved it.... we're going back next summer w/ my brother's family and can't wait! We'd be able to use the Diamond Lane paperwork to request units that are close to each other, don't you think????

We'd be able to use the Diamond Lane paperwork to request units that are close to each other, don't you think????
Absolutely.....nothing's guarenteed, but they try their best to meet your requests. Good luck

Thanks for the reviews and information. I just booked 4 nights through Sheraton Vacations. I was offered a special of $149 (total) for a 1 bedroom for 4 nights through Starwood (I'm a member). I'm really nervous. We go to Disney often and always stay on site. We are staying a week on WDW property and then going to Vistana to relax. Did I make a mistake??? I hope not. I think we will go to SeaWorld while there also. We are driving, so no transportation problems.

We go to Disney often and always stay on site. We are staying a week on WDW property and then going to Vistana to relax. Did I make a mistake??? I hope not.
Mom2x.....rest assured. You did not make a mistake. If you booked a 1 bedroom, you are assured to get either the Lakes or Cascades (the two newest sections). The Lakes has/is still, undergoing a major rehab and from the photos looks great. I'm not sure what dates you will actually be at Vistana, so the Lakes rehab may or may not be complete. But I'm sure you will have a good time. We love Sea World.

We will be there May 31 - June 3. Thanks for the info. Hopefully, we'll get a refurb. room. Thanks!!

I'm thinking you might get lucky and get one of them....I hope so.
This is from the Starwood Owner's website :
Villa Renovations
Villa renovations are in progress for three phases at Sheraton Vistana Resort. These significant enhancements will add a new level of ambience and comfort to your stay. As standards are elevated to meet modern expectations, you will enjoy a superior vacation experience.

The Lakes phase is the first to undergo the upgrades. Renovation crews are working 9 a.m. to 6 p.m., seven days a week to meet the February 2008 completion deadline.

Villa renovations in the Fountains phase are expected to begin in February 2008. Upon completion of refurbishments in this phase, projected for the 3rd quarter of 2008, renovation of the Fountains II phase will begin. Completion of this phase is anticipated by the end of 2008.

For your convenience, all resort amenities will be available for use during renovations. Rest assured, the staff at Sheraton Vistana Resort is dedicated to providing you with memorable vacation experiences during this refurbishment period.

Following in the footsteps of the Lakes phase, four more phases at Sheraton Vistana Resort in Orlando, Florida, plan to officially approve major, multi-million dollar refurbishments, enabling thousands of Owners to enjoy their vacations in the most modern accommodations.

The boards of directors of the Fountains, Fountains II, Springs and Falls phases are unanimously supporting the generous renovations, which will deliver granite countertops, upgraded cabinets and furniture, electronic packages, new linens, lighting and more. "I believe you've got to maintain the resort and a person's investment in their unit," said Brian Bourbeau of Canada, a Springs board member and 18-year multiple villa Owner. "It's a home away from home and we should continue to make it feel that way."

Because of the different number of villas in each phase, refurbishment costs will vary. The current estimates are $7.3 million for the Springs, $8 million for the Falls, $10.5 million for the Fountains II and $16 million for the Fountains. Each renovation will take approximately four to seven months and will be funded with accumulated reserves as well as a small refurbishment fee to phase Owners.

"We don't pretend that these projects and the corresponding fees are inexpensive, but when you compare the appearance of a refurbished villa to its cost, it is well worth the money," said Shawn O'Brien, Starwood Vacation Ownership Director of Board Relations.

Villa models exist for all four phases, and visiting Owners can now register for a sneak preview tour by stopping by the Reception Center. The models were designed by Tampa, Florida-based Images Gallery & Design, the remodeling expert also responsible for recent refurbishments of Sheraton Desert Oasis in Arizona and Vistana's Beach Club in Florida. The company's work at Vistana's Beach Club earned the resort an award in the best refurbishment category of the 2007 American Resort Development Association Awards. The models highlight the elaborate improvements, which include:

Thanks for the info.!! I will at least ask for the refurbed. properties. Sounds great!

We were just there for 3 nights and had a 2 bedroom in the Lakes section. We got one of the newly refurbed rooms and it was beautiful. The stove had obviously never been used before us, it still gave off that 'new' smell. They were working on this section while we were there but we were never bothered by any noise or any other disruption. I would definately stay there again, especially on the $99 per night rate we got.

One thing I would NOT do again, however, is attend the time share presentation. It was the only negative to our stay there. We did at least get $150 in cash for our time so that made our 3 night stay only cost about $50 a night.

Kind of a random question about the 2 BR units.....do they have a hair dryer in them? We'll be staying there next month and I'm trying to get my packing list together.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter