Visiting The Fort on Nov-10

TheRustyScupper

Everyone Is Responsible For Everyone.
1) I am visiting JETS70 on Nov 10th at The Fort ("God Willing and the Rive Don't Rise").
2) I am bringing my own home-made lunch.
. . . rotisserie chicken
. . . potato salad
. . . special root beer
. . . if there are any stomach/intestinal illnesses, they came from THEIR cooking, not mine
TRS

Rusty,

If Jets70 offers you any Kentucky branch water......

SIP IT. Don't swallow hard. :drinking1

Let it glide down. :cool2:

Bama Ed

PS - Jets probably has developed a certain tolerance as well.

Rusty,

If Jets70 offers you any Kentucky branch water......

SIP IT. Don't swallow hard. :drinking1

Let it glide down. :cool2:

Bama Ed

PS - Jets probably has developed a certain tolerance as well.

1) I had a plant in Kentucky under my control.
2) It was told to me JUST HOW to "sip" branch water and bourbon.
3) I did make a mistake ONCE and took a large sip.
4) BAD MISTAKE.
5) After gagging for 2-3 minutes, I got the reason for the "light" sip.

Ummmm..........not sure how to respond :confused3

Okay, I can see how this can be very intimidating. I mean, you are at the center of a conversation that includes the great Rusty Scupper and BamaEd. I have personally been blessed enough to of been fed pancakes and sausage by BamaEd and given root beer by the Scupper, so I'll try and help you out.

I was once lucky enough to host the Scupper at my campsite last year, and he did in fact bring his own root beer. Oh, and he doesn't bring any of that cheap Barqs crap either, he brings the real stuff in glass bottles. He also brings his own forks, knives, and spoons as well. If you offer drinks, he will provide his own glass as most of us normal people can't afford the high dollar drinking utensils that are required by the Scupper. Do yourself a favor and try not to stare, as it is considered rude and try not to drool all over the place either. SouthAlabama5er talked at length about the Scupper bringing them a rotisserie chicken. I can only imagine the honor that chicken must have felt knowing he was personally chosen by the Scupper. I would think the only thing bigger would be the turkey chosen by him for Thanksgiving.

As far as stronger drinks are concerned, I am convinced that Mr. Daniels, Mr. Beam, and Mr. Brooks all consulted the Scupper when they were developing their world famous drinks so he is well schooled in the art of drinking branch water.

Also, there are no pictures allowed.

It is something you will tell all your friends and family about.

I have never met the "Scupper". Not sure if he is more like Oscar Zoroaster Phadrig Isaac Norman Henkle Emmannuel Ambroise Diggs or if he is more like the Wizard of Oz,pixiedust: at least from descriptions. Not sure if someone would should be afraid or not of a meeting with the great and powerful TRS. :D

I am sure the chicken felt very privileged to be put on that rotisserie spit for TRS and his guests. :stir:

I know my DW likes Rootbeer and would much rather have the Good Stuff rather then typical "Canned" stuff (Barqs, A&W). The State Fair here in PA has a good root beer stand every year and she just loves that. Drawn from a tap with a perfect head. Almost like a good craft beer.:drinking1

I am sure in the end, however, that the meeting will be a topic of discussion for years to come for JETS70 and TRS. :thumbsup2

Hope you have a wonderful time.

1) Had a great visit with Mr & Mrs JETS70 at the Fort today.
2) They graciously invited me to their site and we talked for almost 2½ hours.
3) A great visit, and hope they enjoy the remainder of their visit at The Fort.
4) I love it when I get to meet other DisBoards Members in-person at Fort Wilderness.

NOTE:
. . . They had the axiom reinforced
. . . Be wary of Greeks, Hungarians, and Scuppers bearing gifts.

Last edited:

You are truly a great ambassador there Scupper. Maybe one of these years we'll get back down there and see you again.

Well, today I got up early, showered, shaved, brushed my hair and brushed my teeth. I ironed my cargo shorts and shirt.......all in anticipation of meeting him, you know the name.....TheRustyScupper. As Teresa and I waited, suddenly the sun shined brighter and everything got very quiet and as tiggerdad said "there he was". We talked about many things from Disney Parks to why staying at the Fort is just "different". We talked about work and life after work. We talked about Make a Wish and Give Kids the World and volunteering.
With all kidding aside........Teresa and I truly enjoyed our visit with TRS. Our visit started at 11 and before we new it, it was almost 2. I do want to thank TRS for taking time to stop by and visit and that we greatly appreciate your generosity with the gifts and the potato salad was top notch.
Now tiggerdad, I tried to take your advice as much as possible. Tried not to stare but wasn't real successful. You said pictures were not allowed but you need to understand that I am the person that sneaks a camera into an attraction or on a ride were it is prohibited just to get that forbidden shot. Today was no different. I got out the secret camera and I "did get the pic"! I was in turmoil over whether to post it or file it in the never to be shared files. Well........I decided to post.
We have all waited for this moment and here it is..........
giphy_zpsb5zsf5oa.gif

Last edited:
As Teresa and I waited, suddenly the sun shined brighter and everything got very quiet and as tiggerdad said "there he was".

Rusty is like a wisp of smoke.

Our visit started at 11 and before we new it, it was almost 2.

Yes, Steve, but did he let YOU talk at all?

Tried not to stare but wasn't real successful.

Direct eye contact is not encouraged. Much like when Scupper uses the royal "we" in conversation, he's not including you or me...

Well you lived to tell about it. You can check "Meet TRS" :wizard: off your bucket list.

Bama Ed

Last edited:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter