Visiting the Boardwalk

dobtia

DIS Veteran
We are trying to do couple of things we have never done before. This is our 11th trip. I have been thinking about spending some time at the Boardwalk. We will be there in early June.

So I put it out there to you guy...worth it? Is there enough to do/see to kill a couple of hours? I have been doing some digging but I figured that my friends and fanatics here will have some great opinions. I know that all opinions differ, but I want to hear what you all think.....thanks ahead.

I think it depends on what you expect and what you want to do. We like the Boardwalk entertainment in the evening, and spend time wandering around the shops at teh same time We do schedule dinner there when we want to visit, so we end upi there for hours.

I think it depends on what you expect and what you want to do. We like the Boardwalk entertainment in the evening, and spend time wandering around the shops at teh same time We do schedule dinner there when we want to visit, so we end upi there for hours.

That sounds like what we are wanting to do. We like our park time. We also like to look around and stroll. Would like to do Beachs and Cream but most of the times are booked for while we are there....

At Christmas time, we wanted to see the decorations in the deluxe resorts. We took an Uber from Pop to Boardwalk. Explored a bit, walked through Swan / Dolphin, Yacht Club, Beach Club to Epcot. It took a couple hours. If you can't get into Beaches and Cream, try Fountain at Dolphin

There are many street performers at different times of the evening, at dusk the arcade games open up, there are surrey bikes to rent and shops to explore. It is fun to walk the whole loop around the lagoon just to check out all of the resorts and their shops. You have access to Boardwalk, Beachclub, Yacht Club, Dolphin, Swan and back to Boardwalk. The walk all the way around is very pleasant and easily can be done in a few hours. Jellyrolls is also a great time. The dueling pianos show is one of our favorites! It is 21 and older though, there is a cover charge and really gets going after nine, but if you have kids with you, they can't get in. There are a few quick service places to get pizza, sandwiches or ice cream etc if you prefer a snack while wandering instead of a dinner. In my opinion it's worth the trip.

If your party is all adults over 21, I definitely recommend Jellyrolls. My family always goes at least once during our trips down to the world, we always have so much fun! My mom loves it so much she closes down the bar every time we go! Doesn't open until 7, and as of this past fall there was a $12 cover charge, but it was worth it!

That sounds like what we are wanting to do. We like our park time. We also like to look around and stroll. Would like to do Beachs and Cream but most of the times are booked for while we are there....

Honestly there are do many restaurants in that area I would not bother with B&C. We like Al Forno a lot, but there are others to choose from.

Honestly there are do many restaurants in that area I would not bother with B&C. We like Al Forno a lot, but there are others to choose from.

I agree with this. Between BC/YC, Swan/Dolphin and BWI, there are a TON of restaurants in the area. You can also do a walk-up at ESPN or Big River or even just to QS on the Boardwalk and have ice cream at Ample Hills (SO much better than Beaches and Cream). Just know, the entertainment starts in the evening, so I would definitely plan to go then. If you go earlier in the day, there is nothing to do. And, bring cash if you want to play the carnival games. They don't accept MB's or credit cards.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter