• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Visiting a park on check out day?

disneyfam23

Earning My Ears
So, check out is 11am. If we wanted to visit a park on check out day (considering a last splash at a water park before we head home), what do we do with our rig? We have a 37' class a motorhome. Is there somewhere to park it while we spend a few last hours?

I think Epcot has trailer parking for the day but not 100% sure if any of the other parks do as well. I definitly recall seeing one in the back of the Typhoon Lagoon parking lot last year.

I'm not sure if it's really there for this purpose or if there is a time limit, but when we were at the fort in January there was a lot where people had their trailers parked. We debated doing the same to head to dtd, but had our dog with us.

Edited to clarify location

You can certainly park at your resort (Ft. Wilderness) after vacating your campsite and take the bus to the theme park. Time limit would be after the last park closed and the buses got you back.

For a water park, you may find it more convenient to drive there since you can change in the motorhome.

As a point of information, two full sized cars or pickup trucks parked end to end will take up 36 feet. Theme park parking lot aisles are all laid out with paired end to end spaces and therefore your motorhome would actually fit.

Last edited:

We drove into the ticket and transportation center and parked.Took the ferry to MK. No problem no charge. They had me park at the end of an empty aisle.

Last edited:
On our last trip we went to HS after leaving the Fort and they directed us to the charter bus barking slots. He gave us slot 52 all to ourselves. There were two others already there.

Awesome! I figured this was probably feasible somehow. Now to figure out how to convince DH it's a great idea :-)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter