VIP Day Suggestions?

We are so excited too! We are doing it toward the 2nd half of our trip too. Don't want to get spoiled early on!! We are doing 2 days - one day MK only, and one day Epcot / HS split. Here is our plan since you asked!! It might be too optimistic lol

Magic Kingdom Day -- Planning on 7 hours, from 1:30 - 8:30pm w/ the VIP Tour Guide. We have a breakfast at Whispering Canyon, and then some morning fast passes (Space Mountain, Peter Pan, 7DMT). We will meet the guide at 7DMT so we can re-ride that if we really love it!
Ride priorities are: Splash Mountain, Big Thunder Mountain, Winnie the Pooh, Pirates, Small World, Philharmagic, Buzz Spaceranger Spin, Jungle Cruise, Little Mermaid, Monsters Inc., Hall of Presidents
Meet & Greet priority is Town Square Mickey
Major priority is the 3pm Parade w/ VIP seating!
We don't have a BOG reservation so I'm hoping he can pop us into the castle for a tour
We'll do a quick dinner, either Sleepy Hollow or Casey's, to not eat up too much time
He will then drop us at 8:30 at the Wishes Dessert Party :D

Epcot / HS Day -- Planning on 7 hours, from 10:30 - 5:30 w/ the VIP Tour Guide. We will be out late the night before at Wishes so 10:30 seemed reasonable.
Epcot Priorities: Frozen, Soarin', Test Track, Joy & Sadness Meet & Greet
HS Ride Priorities: Rockin' Roller Coaster, Tower of Terror, Toy Story Mania, Star Tours, Indiana Jones (hoping someone from our party to be chosen to be in show), Beauty & Beast (same)
HS Other Priorities: Jedi Training Academy is a must do!!
He will drop us at 5:30 at the Jingle Bell Jingle Bam Dessert Party :D

I'm not sure if I have too much listed to really get through in time, but I'm hopeful we'll just whiz through things. There are six in our party - me, DH, DD (9), DS (6), and my parents. We do have a double stroller for the kids to keep them moving!! Luckily they're small so hopefully pushing my 9 year old around doesn't look too ridiculous lol.

Your plans look great.
I think you will be able to fit all of this in. Remember that you will be driven to each park and let in from back stage. It's amazing how much time this saves. Also, at Epcot, they will drive you from one side of Future world to the other as well as to World Showcase.

Thank you so much for sharing your experience! I am so sorry you didn't get the best guide. I'll be keeping my fingers crossed for a good one.

I am glad to hear you think my plan is reasonable! Maybe we'll have time for even more than I have written down. That is so funny about the driving around - big time saver for sure! I am impressed you got 3 parks in, in one day, and got to do so much. I am really looking forward to the VIP seating for the parade!

We are doing a private VIP tour on Black Friday and I'm trying to figure out the tip for our guide. Have you heard what the standard is?

I have heard everything from "they cannot accept tips" to $100/day or whatever you are comfortable with. I honestly am just going to play it by ear? It's so expensive, I like the idea of not tipping, honestly, but I also don't want to cheat the guide out of anything.

What is your plan with your guide? I'd love to hear how your "optimizing" them!!

They definitely may accept tips. I don't think there's any kind of set standard. The least I'd give is $100.

They definitely may accept tips. I don't think there's any kind of set standard. The least I'd give is $100.

We're planning on $100, which I think is a lot of money rather than "the least I'd give". It's 7 hours of time, so that works out to $14 and change per hour. That's almost twice minimum wage, and I'm going to assume Disney is also paying them something. Maybe not a lot, but paying them nonetheless.

How was your Tour? I was thinking of tipping $300-$400 I don't know if that's too little?

If you look on page one of this thread, I wrote a brief review. I think your guide will be very happy with $300-$400. I hope you have a fantastic experience. Please let us know how it goes.

Hi! I am so glad I found this thread. I have had a hard time finding a lot of info on the Disney VIP tour guides too. We have one booked during the 1st week of March, and wanted to know if our to-do list is possible. Any insight will help us so much! We are a group of 9—6 adults and a 3.5 y/o, 2.5 y/o, and a 1.5 y/o. We are planning on doing the rope drop & have a FP for Town Square Mickey meet and greet at 9:20. Then we will meet our guide at 10 in Fantasyland. We want to spend most of the day in the MK (with a quick service lunch) and end in Epcot for only the Frozen Ride and to meet Anna & Elsa. So, do you think we can fit in the following from 10:00—5:00:

10:00 Meet Tour Guide
Mine Train
Pooh
Barnstormer
Silly Pete sideshow meet and greet
Under The Sea
Meet Ariel
Storytime With Belle
Peter Pan
Princess meet and greet
Small World
Haunted Mansion
3:00 PARADE VIP Seating
Jungle Cruise
Pirates
TO EPCOT
Frozen Ride
Anna & Elsa Meet & greet

Thank you so much for any input you can give me!
mkn

Hi! I am so glad I found this thread. I have had a hard time finding a lot of info on the Disney VIP tour guides too. We have one booked during the 1st week of March, and wanted to know if our to-do list is possible.

You've got a lot planned. It will be pushing it for sure. A few things that might help:

- in MK the tour guide will park over near tomorrowland. You will have a decent walk after pirates. Skipping jungle cruise and pirates would save you a ton of time.

- tomorrowland to Epcot might take 20 mins parking lot to parking lot. They will park near Mexico so not too much walk to Norway.

- if there is no FP+, you'll be in the standby. except for Anna and Elsa where they will take you in the back door thru the shop.

- meeting in the park maximizes time, so that is a good choice.

- you can, of course, go over 7 hours if needed, but they always seem to bill in 1/2 hour increments. Just FYI.

I don't think I saw this before my December tour but I tipped my guide $200. I struggled with the right amount, it's a decent amount for his 1 day, but only 4% of what the tour cost.

Our guide was good. We are going to use him again in March and may for those trips. My wife was a little underwhelmed overall with the tour... she thought we should get water and snacks (like in the car)... but as I told her, it's never going to be a "good deal", but how much do we value our family's time...

Hi! I am so glad I found this thread. I have had a hard time finding a lot of info on the Disney VIP tour guides too. We have one booked during the 1st week of March, and wanted to know if our to-do list is possible. Any insight will help us so much! We are a group of 9—6 adults and a 3.5 y/o, 2.5 y/o, and a 1.5 y/o. We are planning on doing the rope drop & have a FP for Town Square Mickey meet and greet at 9:20. Then we will meet our guide at 10 in Fantasyland. We want to spend most of the day in the MK (with a quick service lunch) and end in Epcot for only the Frozen Ride and to meet Anna & Elsa. So, do you think we can fit in the following from 10:00—5:00:

Mine Train
Pooh
Barnstormer
Under The Sea
Meet Ariel
Storytime With Belle
Peter Pan
Princess meet and greet
Small World
Haunted Mansion
Jungle Cruise
Pirates
TO EPCOT
Frozen Ride
Anna & Elsa Meet & greet

mkn

Do you have any other FP+ scheduled for the day?

You've got a lot planned. It will be pushing it for sure. A few things that might help:

- in MK the tour guide will park over near tomorrowland. You will have a decent walk after pirates. Skipping jungle cruise and pirates would save you a ton of time.

- tomorrowland to Epcot might take 20 mins parking lot to parking lot. They will park near Mexico so not too much walk to Norway.

- if there is no FP+, you'll be in the standby. except for Anna and Elsa where they will take you in the back door thru the shop.

- meeting in the park maximizes time, so that is a good choice.

- you can, of course, go over 7 hours if needed, but they always seem to bill in 1/2 hour increments. Just FYI.

anomamatt, Thank you so much for the info! I was thinking that it was too much too. We have FastPasses for Frozen later in the week, so maybe we should just stick to the Magic Kingdom for the VIP tour day. Considering the kids are young and we're staying at the Grand Floridian, I think bagging Epcot that day makes the most sense. It will most likely be a whirlwind of a day without adding in the extra travel time for something we will see a few days later!

Thanks again!

Do you have any other FP+ scheduled for the day?
Hi Rlk, we don't have any other FP+ scheduled for that day...should we? Isn't the point of the the guide to get you on the attractions w/o a wait?

I am so confused, not sure why they don't have more info in the tours readily available!

Hi Rlk, we don't have any other FP+ scheduled for that day...should we? Isn't the point of the the guide to get you on the attractions w/o a wait?

I am so confused, not sure why they don't have more info in the tours readily available!

this thread isn't current but it is recent. for fastpasses you need to think of what you might want before and after you have your guide. There was a time you could fastpass the night shows so you didn't really need or may not want to use the vip section and pay the extra cost to have the guide around for the fireworks you could get a great spot by fastpassing.

Meals you want to have reserved, they will try to help you out for hard places but there is no garuntee on that. you want adrs if there is a specific meal or two you want to do while on your tour. Get an extra seat just in case you might want to invite the tour guide to join you. not a requirement and they might pass on the offer but at least you have that seat if they do decide to tour where they are more apart of the day then they try to be.

You will be able to accomplish a lot with the VIP guide, but I would still make FP selections for either before or after the tour. I know you already have a FP+ for Mickey prior to the start of your tour. If you will be at MK for rope drop, I would try to get in at least one ride before you use the fp at Town Square.

Mine Train
Pooh
Barnstormer
Under The Sea
Meet Ariel
Storytime With Belle
Peter Pan
Princess meet and greet
Small World
Haunted Mansion
Jungle Cruise
Pirates
TO EPCOT
Frozen Ride
Anna & Elsa Meet & greet

mkn

I think you are smart to drop EP for this day. I did the VIP tour with DS when he was 5 and he was pretty beat by the end of our day with the guide. I have a few suggestions. First, you will have to eat lunch somewhere in there. When we went, the suggested lunch venue was Columbia Harbour House. I'm not sure if they still do this, but they had a roped off area on the second floor to accommodate and save seating particularly for VIP tour guests and those on MK tours that included a QS lunch. It was really nice, the food is good, and it doesn't take up a lot of your touring time. I would really recommend not doing a TS meal when you have your guide as it will take up a lot of your time. My other suggestion, drop the Mickey FP+ and simply get in line to see Mickey when you enter the park at opening and save your 3 FP+ for the afternoon when you won't have your guide. You won't need FP+ for Mickey that early in the morning. Between your guide and those 3 FP+, you will get a LOT accomplished in MK.

Reactions: rlk
I think I would use a FP for after the tour for Enchanted Tales with Belle, as this is a lengthy show/experience I would use that time to make it easier to go to Epcot for the Frozen stuff.

I believe I read a review on VIP tour where they started parking at Buzz Lightyear and instead of walking to a ride in Adventureland they used the car to park close by.

Just let your guide advise on what is feasible and don't worry to much. He/She has done it before and knows the possibilities and limitations. This tour is designed for you to not plan but let someone else do it for you ;)

As others have written, it's good to use FP+ before (or after) your tour. And as stated, using one on Enchanted Tales w/ Belle makes a lot of sense, since that is >20 mins. I also would never do a show on a VIP tour. When you are paying up to $10 per minute, a 30 min event is costly! Compare that to doing 7DMT over and over.

I have two young kids (4.5 and 2.5) and although I don't think they are supposed to do this, my guide would put my wife and kids into a nearby FP+ queue and then take me to 7DMT. That way everyone was happy! The guide was too as he rode 7DMT with me. We did that a few times because I'd rather ride 7DMT than Pooh or Peter Pan.

I agree. But at the same time, you can ask for just about anything and they will do their best to accommodate. For our 12/22 tour, it was a christmas party... I asked to get access to 7 dwarves without waiting. It took a lot of work on the guide's part, but he made it happen. Point being, they cannot do everything, but they will try... so I think they don't want to limit you by saying what can or cannot be done ahead of time. If you ask, the guide will try to make it happen. That said, it would be nice if there were more ground rules. And the coordinators clearly don't know what can or cannot be done, so they are not really useful...

My advice would be to have a rough game plan and let the guide do all the work. Have some must-do's, some would like to's and let them figure out the exact game plan.

First, you will have to eat lunch somewhere in there. When we went, the suggested lunch venue was Columbia Harbour House. I'm not sure if they still do this, but they had a roped off area on the second floor to accommodate and save seating particularly for VIP tour guests and those on MK tours that included a QS lunch.

We were not offered that, but that would have been great! We ate at Pinnochio's and the guide ate with us. I offered to pay for his meal, but he said all the guide's meals are comped.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter