VIP Day Suggestions?

DisneyGB

Mouseketeer
We're booking a Disney VIP Tour Guide for 11/30 & 12/1. The plan right now is 11/30 in MK; and 12/1 in Hollywood Studios. I'll probably just do the minimum 7 hrs each day. On 11/30, my thought is 1:30-8:30, to allow parade viewing and jumping on rides when MK is busiest. I plan to book a FP for Wishes rather than having the guide stick around for it. On 12/1, I want the guide to take us on the few top rides at HK, possibly multiple times, and then get prime seating for Fantasmic and the fireworks, assuming there are some. I'm also on the VIP list for Jedi training for that day for both kids. I may have the guide meet us at AK first, and then we can take advantage of faster transport with him to get to HK. Or, meet at Epcot to ensure we get on Frozen and other rides. We're at the parks all week so we will see a lot on our own as well.

I'm planning only quick service for meals while we are with the guide so as not to waste time at a table service meal during our hours.

Thoughts? What would you do if you had the guide for 2 days? We're a party of six - me, DH, DD (9), DS (6), and my parents. Kids meet all height restrictions; they like characters, but no interest in princesses.

In light of that development, thoughts on retaining the guide for guaranteed Wishes seating?

We are doing a Disney VIP Tour in less than two weeks. Originally I planned a later start to take advantage of VIP parade viewing,but changed to an 8:45 am pick up time. My reasons for changing were due to the excessive heat and afternoon thunderstorms in August; two things you won't have to worry about. If I were going during your time frame, I would probably keep to a 1:30 pm start. Since we are only doing the VIP tour for one day and want to get to Epcot, HS and MK, I plan to extend our tour for a few hours. I will let you know how our tour day plays out when I get back.

This is our first time with a guide. rlk, I would love to hear how your tour day plays out! I have had trouble finding very many first-person accounts of the VIP tour guide. Have you read through many? I really want to optimize it. Thanks for sharing when you get back, and enjoy it!!

In our case, believe it or not, the cost/benefit worked out in its favor. We are staying club level at the Boardwalk, 2 rooms, and ended up cutting 2 nights from our reservation and replacing it with 2 days of VIP touring. It's still more expensive to have the guide, but considerable savings by decreasing number of nights. With our work schedules it's better to have more efficient time in the parks than extra nights there. We'll be there Sun through Sat, rather than our originally planned Fri through following Sat. Here's hoping it was the right call!

This is our first time with a guide. rlk, I would love to hear how your tour day plays out! I have had trouble finding very many first-person accounts of the VIP tour guide. Have you read through many? I really want to optimize it. Thanks for sharing when you get back, and enjoy it!!

In our case, believe it or not, the cost/benefit worked out in its favor. We are staying club level at the Boardwalk, 2 rooms, and ended up cutting 2 nights from our reservation and replacing it with 2 days of VIP touring. It's still more expensive to have the guide, but considerable savings by decreasing number of nights. With our work schedules it's better to have more efficient time in the parks than extra nights there. We'll be there Sun through Sat, rather than our originally planned Fri through following Sat. Here's hoping it was the right call!

I've read just one or two firsthand reports- all positive. I understand the Disney math when it comes to justifying the cost of this tour and agree that you will benefit from the 2 days of VIP touring. For us, we had already budgeted for the 1 day tour. I booked this tour in March before they started offering a 25% discount for DVC members. The discount allows us to add up to 2 more hours if we feel like it.

Our tour guide is scheduled to pick us up at the Beach Club (staying in BCV). We plan to go to Epcot, Hollywood Studios and Magic Kingdom. We are very excited about this tour and will report back on our day.

We're booking a Disney VIP Tour Guide for 11/30 & 12/1. The plan right now is 11/30 in MK; and 12/1 in Hollywood Studios. I'll probably just do the minimum 7 hrs each day. On 11/30, my thought is 1:30-8:30, to allow parade viewing and jumping on rides when MK is busiest. I plan to book a FP for Wishes rather than having the guide stick around for it. On 12/1, I want the guide to take us on the few top rides at HK, possibly multiple times, and then get prime seating for Fantasmic and the fireworks, assuming there are some. I'm also on the VIP list for Jedi training for that day for both kids. I may have the guide meet us at AK first, and then we can take advantage of faster transport with him to get to HK. Or, meet at Epcot to ensure we get on Frozen and other rides. We're at the parks all week so we will see a lot on our own as well.

I'm planning only quick service for meals while we are with the guide so as not to waste time at a table service meal during our hours.

Thoughts? What would you do if you had the guide for 2 days? We're a party of six - me, DH, DD (9), DS (6), and my parents. Kids meet all height restrictions; they like characters, but no interest in princesses.
Do you mean the FOF parade at 3:00? Just confirming you had seen that the MSEP ends on Oct 9th so as of now there is no nighttime parade scheduled in November (except during the Christmas parties)

rlk sounds awesome! Lucky you for the discount -- can't wait to hear about it!

CMNJ - yes, was thinking the 3pm FOF parade viewing. I had originally been thinking the MSEP too but saw the news this week. Bummed. I am holding out hope for some kind of parade or show at either MK or HS that we can get good seats for during our visit. Come on Disney - give us something for the holidays!!! (I still can't believe I booked the year AFTER the Osbourne lights - grr!)

I know how you feel-no vip tour planned but 60 day FP window opens tomorrow and need to also get MNSSHP tickets-still waiting on Disney to tell us if SW fireworks will be happening and what nights and if AK will be open after dark-it is incredibly frustrating esp after the late notice on the MSEP cancellation

Totally agree, and I've still got 100+ days. I would be really frustrated if I was 60 days out and in the same boat. Fingers crossed for some news soon!!

We are doing a private VIP tour on Black Friday and I'm trying to figure out the tip for our guide. Have you heard what the standard is?

We are doing a private VIP tour on Black Friday and I'm trying to figure out the tip for our guide. Have you heard what the standard is?

I have heard everything from "they cannot accept tips" to $100/day or whatever you are comfortable with. I honestly am just going to play it by ear? It's so expensive, I like the idea of not tipping, honestly, but I also don't want to cheat the guide out of anything.

What is your plan with your guide? I'd love to hear how your "optimizing" them!!

I have heard everything from "they cannot accept tips" to $100/day or whatever you are comfortable with. I honestly am just going to play it by ear? It's so expensive, I like the idea of not tipping, honestly, but I also don't want to cheat the guide out of anything.

What is your plan with your guide? I'd love to hear how your "optimizing" them!!
We are so excited! I'm thinking that I will plan on tipping anywhere from$100-$400 I guess depending on how awesome our guide is. We are being picked up after breakfast at chef Mickeys and they MK and Epcot. We have a BOG lunch reservation, I wonder if we will want to extend our time by an hour or two, I don't want to have to run...I have short legs. I'd like to try to hit all the major rides in MK and the cool ones in Epcot, - few Meet & Greets would be awesome too. I hope our guide can point out some fun facts and other interesting things. Out of 10 people 7 of my family have never been to WDW before so I'm really looking for our guide to also so them the magic of the place! We are using the guide on our last day and then that night we eat at California Grill. What about you guys? How many are going in your group? Do you have your must hit rides? What time are you guys starting? 7/hrs or more?

We are so excited too! We are doing it toward the 2nd half of our trip too. Don't want to get spoiled early on!! We are doing 2 days - one day MK only, and one day Epcot / HS split. Here is our plan since you asked!! It might be too optimistic lol

Magic Kingdom Day -- Planning on 7 hours, from 1:30 - 8:30pm w/ the VIP Tour Guide. We have a breakfast at Whispering Canyon, and then some morning fast passes (Space Mountain, Peter Pan, 7DMT). We will meet the guide at 7DMT so we can re-ride that if we really love it!
Ride priorities are: Splash Mountain, Big Thunder Mountain, Winnie the Pooh, Pirates, Small World, Philharmagic, Buzz Spaceranger Spin, Jungle Cruise, Little Mermaid, Monsters Inc., Hall of Presidents
Meet & Greet priority is Town Square Mickey
Major priority is the 3pm Parade w/ VIP seating!
We don't have a BOG reservation so I'm hoping he can pop us into the castle for a tour
We'll do a quick dinner, either Sleepy Hollow or Casey's, to not eat up too much time
He will then drop us at 8:30 at the Wishes Dessert Party :D

Epcot / HS Day -- Planning on 7 hours, from 10:30 - 5:30 w/ the VIP Tour Guide. We will be out late the night before at Wishes so 10:30 seemed reasonable.
Epcot Priorities: Frozen, Soarin', Test Track, Joy & Sadness Meet & Greet
HS Ride Priorities: Rockin' Roller Coaster, Tower of Terror, Toy Story Mania, Star Tours, Indiana Jones (hoping someone from our party to be chosen to be in show), Beauty & Beast (same)
HS Other Priorities: Jedi Training Academy is a must do!!
He will drop us at 5:30 at the Jingle Bell Jingle Bam Dessert Party :D

I'm not sure if I have too much listed to really get through in time, but I'm hopeful we'll just whiz through things. There are six in our party - me, DH, DD (9), DS (6), and my parents. We do have a double stroller for the kids to keep them moving!! Luckily they're small so hopefully pushing my 9 year old around doesn't look too ridiculous lol.

We are so excited too! We are doing it toward the 2nd half of our trip too. Don't want to get spoiled early on!! We are doing 2 days - one day MK only, and one day Epcot / HS split. Here is our plan since you asked!! It might be too optimistic lol

Magic Kingdom Day -- Planning on 7 hours, from 1:30 - 8:30pm w/ the VIP Tour Guide. We have a breakfast at Whispering Canyon, and then some morning fast passes (Space Mountain, Peter Pan, 7DMT). We will meet the guide at 7DMT so we can re-ride that if we really love it!
Ride priorities are: Splash Mountain, Big Thunder Mountain, Winnie the Pooh, Pirates, Small World, Philharmagic, Buzz Spaceranger Spin, Jungle Cruise, Little Mermaid, Monsters Inc., Hall of Presidents
Meet & Greet priority is Town Square Mickey
Major priority is the 3pm Parade w/ VIP seating!
We don't have a BOG reservation so I'm hoping he can pop us into the castle for a tour
We'll do a quick dinner, either Sleepy Hollow or Casey's, to not eat up too much time
He will then drop us at 8:30 at the Wishes Dessert Party :D

Epcot / HS Day -- Planning on 7 hours, from 10:30 - 5:30 w/ the VIP Tour Guide. We will be out late the night before at Wishes so 10:30 seemed reasonable.
Epcot Priorities: Frozen, Soarin', Test Track, Joy & Sadness Meet & Greet
HS Ride Priorities: Rockin' Roller Coaster, Tower of Terror, Toy Story Mania, Star Tours, Indiana Jones (hoping someone from our party to be chosen to be in show), Beauty & Beast (same)
HS Other Priorities: Jedi Training Academy is a must do!!
He will drop us at 5:30 at the Jingle Bell Jingle Bam Dessert Party :D

I'm not sure if I have too much listed to really get through in time, but I'm hopeful we'll just whiz through things. There are six in our party - me, DH, DD (9), DS (6), and my parents. We do have a double stroller for the kids to keep them moving!! Luckily they're small so hopefully pushing my 9 year old around doesn't look too ridiculous lol.
That actually sounds like a really good plan, from what I've read you should be able to accomplish all those things no problem! When are your trip dates again? We go thanksgiving week and are staying at Wilderness Lodge. Are you DVC members? We are not but we booked the villas to hold everyone! You're itererary sounds really great and is making me really want to add a second day now! Although there are 10 of us, I'm paying for the VIP tour. I know the second day would be really worth it! We are also doing a private Disney catered dinner in Epcot in France on rue de Paris I think on our second day, We will eat dinner and the. Be able to watch illuminations. I wonder if we get there and it is just crazy busy if I would be able to call and get a guide for the next day? How long are you guys staying? We are just there for the week.

That actually sounds like a really good plan, from what I've read you should be able to accomplish all those things no problem! When are your trip dates again? We go thanksgiving week and are staying at Wilderness Lodge. Are you DVC members? We are not but we booked the villas to hold everyone! You're itererary sounds really great and is making me really want to add a second day now! Although there are 10 of us, I'm paying for the VIP tour. I know the second day would be really worth it! We are also doing a private Disney catered dinner in Epcot in France on rue de Paris I think on our second day, We will eat dinner and the. Be able to watch illuminations. I wonder if we get there and it is just crazy busy if I would be able to call and get a guide for the next day? How long are you guys staying? We are just there for the week.

Ooh that private dinner and Illuminations viewing sounds nice!! I am spoiled - my parents are treating us to the VIP guide. We are going to be there Sun 11/27 - Sat 12/3. I originally wanted to stay 8 nights, but then we figured out that if we are really efficient with the guide for 2 days, we could cut out 2 nights of the trip and still see everything we want to see, and waste less time in lines. We're all about efficiency lol. We are staying at the Boardwalk; we have separate rooms for my family and then my parents. Honestly, cutting out the 2 nights basically paid for the tour guide (2 nights, 2 rooms (club-level), 2 days of park hoppers).

I also like that I can book fast passes for before or after the tour. I have the Illuminations fast pass booked for Epcot, figuring that Jingle Bell Jingle Bam will be over by 8, we can walk over to Epcot and have nice seating for Illuminations at 9:30. That is, if my whole family is not dead on their feet lol. They are going to be cursing me! We'll be earning our meals, that's for sure.

Sorry, I realized I never came back to report on our VIP experience from our trip this past August. My family really enjoyed the experience, but we were all quite underwhelmed with our VIP guide. Even though we felt that our guide was just going through the motions and was not a great Disney representative, the actual benefits of the guide were amazing.

This is a brief report of our day:

We chose to do the VIP tour on our 4th day of our vacation. We had a plan to do three parks Epcot, HS and ending with MK. Also, we decided that since our tour was from 8:45 - 4pm, we would just grab snacks and eat an early dinnerafter the tour.

Since we were staying at BCV, we decided to start our day at Epcot. Our guide picked us up at 8:45 and drove us backstage behind Test Track. We really loved driving behind the scenes. At Epcot we did the following:
Test Track
Soarin - sitting in B1
FEA
Met Anna & Elsa - this was pre planned. They asked if we had any character meet priorities. We did this meet and Star Wars characters.

After meeting Anna & Elsa, we got back into the car to head to HS. We entered HS by RNRC (I think). They had a CM backstage there to scan our magicbands.
HS we did the following:
RNRC
ToT
Met Kylo Ren & Chewbacca - again, this was a pre arranged time.
TSMM

Next up was MK. We entered behind Space Mountain. This happened to be the day that Blackish was filming at MK which caused a slight issue when we were leaving, although it was pretty cool to see the production crew working behind the scene. At MK we were finally offered some water and snacks;something that the coordinator had told us would be available in our car, but was not.

At Mk we did the following:
Space Mountain x2 - once on each side
Buzz x2
SDMT
HM
Splash
Pirates
Afrernoon parade- by the train station - They had the middle section upthere blocked off for VIP tours. My husband ran to get us some snacks while we waited. A lot of the floats are tall, which made wastching from this spot fun. It was really apparent while we waited for the parade how disengaged our tour guide was. There were two other tour groups up there with us and their guides spent the time talking with them and taking pictures for them. My guide walked away from us and spent the time talking with a CM. We really are very nice people and not demanding. :love2:

After the parade, we went back to the car (this was when we had to wait awhile because of the filming). Soon we were off to our resort where we said our goodbyes. This is still a touchy subject because my husband didn't think we should tip our guide. I didn't think we should either, but I have a problem not tipping (even with not so great service). I said to our guide "I heard you aren't allowed to accept tips" to which he responded, "of course we are allowed." At that point, I felt like a deer in headlights and habded him a $100 tip. I would of been happy to tip for greart service, but I felt trapped to tip for shoddy service. Oh well, we still had a great day!

Overall, we had an amazing day and would jump at the chance to do it again. Who wouldn't want to be able to skip lines and get driven around? What I would do differently would be:

Start later in the day and include a night time show
Going along with starting later would be meeting our guide at a park to not waste time.
Do the tour on our first full vacation day.
Bring water in case the guide doesn't have any.
Pre plan more character meets (something I enjoy more now when my kids are older for some strange reason)

Last edited:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter