Vintage resort pics?

LuluLovesDisney

<font color=red>If you're not outraged, you're not
There are some great people on here that have been going to WDW since it opened. I would love to see some older WDW resort pics - older room decor, restaurants/stores/lobbies the way they were. Does anyone have any to share? Pics from 70's 80's and 90's all welcome!

Thanks!!!

OK, I'll kick this off. Here is a pic of the old Tree House Villas. They were 3 bedroom villas; two on the main floor and one at the base of the tree house. It was taken in 1981 and I scanned it from a slide (hence the poor quality). Even though it is not the greatest picture of the villas it still brings back great memories.

Connor-167.jpg

I have a bunch from FW cabins in the '80s. As soon as I figure out how to hook up my scanner, I'll post them. :thumbsup2

Thanks so far guys! I would have *loved* staying in a Tree House Villa! :cloud9:

I have some funny pictures of our first trip in 1973 when we stayed at the Contemporary. I have to ask DH to put them on here because I don't know how!

There are some great people on here that have been going to WDW since it opened. I would love to see some older WDW resort pics - older room decor, restaurants/stores/lobbies the way they were. Does anyone have any to share? Pics from 70's 80's and 90's all welcome!

Thanks!!!

Great idea for a thread! I'd especially love to see some photos of the original decor in the Contemporary and the Poly.

Great photos... Wish i can contribute but the first time i went was 13 years ago...

Some 1970's pics

The Poly pool
whereisthis.jpg

FW beach
BayLake.jpg

FW campsite
Pinto.jpg

Love the picture of the Poly pool. We were at the Poly in 1976 and remembered the pool slide (we don't have any pics), so, this picture really brings back my memory. Thanks!

Also, we went to River Country the same trip (my only trip as a kid). I should check through my dad's slides one of these days!

Found a couple more. Here are some scanned photos from October 1972 taken at the Contemporary.

066WaltDisneyWorld-copy.jpg

091WaltDisneyWorld-copy.jpg

090WaltDisneyWorld-copy.jpg

Wow, check out that fabulous tv!! And boy is she dressed up for Disney! Guess maybe she is going for a fancy dinner somewhere! Who can forget the great color scheme of green and gold from the 70's. Great pictures!

Wow those Contemporary pictures are older than me, and I'm no spring chicken :laughing: .

They are older than me too. They are from my parent's trip in 1972 where they stayed in one of the Garden Wings. I showed up 9 months later. :rotfl: Just a little Disney souvenier.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!