• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

victoria and alberts

MLC

Mommy to 2 Princesses and a Pirate.
does anyone know if you can have dinner at the chef's table with children?

Sure, you can bring your kids to the Chef's Table. It's better than bringing them to the main dining room. However, depending on their ages I would recommend either leaving them in one of the kids clubs or hiring a baby sitter to come into your room. The Dining Room offers two seatings, each lasting about 2-3 hours. The Chef's Table offers only one seating and we spent more than 3 hours when we last ate there. Either way, that's a long time for most children. Also, there is no children's menu offered at Victoria and Alberts.

As Robin mentioned you "can" bring them, but when you call to book they will discourage it. They will offer other options for the kids. But you know your kids best, if your kids are the type that can sit through the expereicne and not be antsy then by all means bring them along to enjoy it with you.

Yes, but why? It's a completely adult experience. Nothing of interest for children and nothing for children to eat.

At the Chef's Table you will be there for 3.5 to 4 hours. There is no Children's Menu or pricing at V&A. You can walk around and talk to the chefs as long as you don't interfere with their preparing food.

If your children are teen-ager's (or close) and will eat a wide variety of food I would say yes. If the kids are under nine the best answer would probably be no. I can't see paying about $160 (including tax and tip) for something like macaroni and cheese and the stoves are commercial and very hot.

Children will be charged the same amount as adults, there is no children's menu, they will be expected to order off the adult menu of the day.

I wouldn't take a single digit period (too long for them to enjoy!!!), and would only take a doube digit if they had proven gourmet tastes and were experienced in fine dining.

Anne

It depends on your kids and their tastes, not ages, in my opinion. As a young child, I ate in many "adult" restaurants from the Polo Lounge at the Beverly Hills Hotel, to Spago and so on. I had very adult tastes and remember eating escargot around age seven. It all depends on your children. I'm an only child and my parents enjoyed (and still do) travelling and dining in luxurious locales. I went everywhere with them and plan to do the same thing as they did when my fiance and I have children. Last year at V&A's (in the dining room), there were two young children who couldn't have been more than 8 or 9 whose manners and behavior were better than some of the adults in the restaurant.

I wouldn't do it, I can't think of any child out there who would appreciate the chefs table. Go and enjoy it by yourself. Put the kids in day care, or if they are old enough..let them go to the arcade, or play in the parks alone while you are enjoying dinner. This is a very long meal...3.5 to 4 hours easily.

Thank you for your help but I do not believe in having someone I don't know babysitting my child.

MLC said:
Thank you for your help but I do not believe in having someone I don't know babysitting my child.

I don't blame you one bit for not leaving your kids with someone you don't know...DH and I did the Chef's Table in September and we loved it....but it is long....depending on the ages of your kids, they may or may not enjoy it.....I am a very picky eater and the Chef was really accomodating...unlike the dining room, there is no menu at the Chef's Table....the Chef meets with you, has a champagne toast and goes over any allergies you have, likes and dislikes...he takes that information and prepares courses based on that...it's a ton of fun.....good luck with your decision :flower:

MLC said:
I believe you are setting yourself up for a major disappointment.

I know that you asked could you bring children to the chef's table and not should you bring children. However, I feel I need to give you a little bit of unsolicited advise on the unasked question. If your child is too small for the kids club and you are too nervous about getting a sitter, then s/he is too small for you to enjoy the Chef's Table to its fullest. Many of the people who have posted here have been to the Chef's Table, so we know what we are talking about. It is an adult experience and one that will get old fast for any child between 9 months and 12 years of age. An infant might sleep though it, a toddler would be a nightmare and an elementary age child would get bored coloring and playing with their Gameboy by the time they are done with the amuse bouche.

Of course, since the Chef's Table is private, any cranky, crying, squirming, whiny, bored behavior would be limited to your room. If you insist on bringing your child to the Chef's Table, only you will be effected by his/her behavior. But why risk it? Why put your child in a no-win situation? Why set yourself up for a frustrating and expensive evening? Disney World will be here when your child grows up and can attend the kids club. Victoria and Albert's will be there too. If you're celebrating a special occasion, consider one of the "Signature" restaurants instead. Your meal will be half the price, take half the time and be half as stressful.

MLC said:
Just wondering, what are the ages (or will be when there)?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter