Vibe on Magic-what do they do?

rodimusprime73

Earning My Ears
hi all
waiting for booking slots for summer 2019 for me and my partner and my daughter who will be 17 when we go,she has read all the info on the Vibe but wants to know a bit more detail about what goes on,while on the cruise.
we are looking at the mediterranean cruises.
many thanks in advance for any help

The teen club is amazing! They have scavenger hunts, dance parties, coffee bar, smoothies, lots of video games, music listening chairs, movie nights, and more. The Fantasy and Dream ships also have their own pool and deck! The counselors are amazing. They have games and activities to bring the teens together to get to know each other and have fun.

We were on the Fantasy, not the Magic, with our Teen-aged sons and nieces, but we can give you lots of details on the programs if you'd like.

For starters, there are scheduled activities much of the day, so you will know what is going on at that time of day. And these activities go until like 2AM. A lot of times my kids would see something they wanted to do that started quite late at night. Made for good adult time if we wanted it though.

In addition to the scheduled activities, the teens can also just "hang out" in the Vibe without doing what is scheduled. The area is well supervised and we felt comfortable with them there. (No PDA allowed for example.)

Also, there are some activities that go on for the teens outside of Vibe. One example of this was a game called Gotcha where they had a target (a fellow Vibe teen) that they had to find and "tag" and they they would take the target that that person was hunting for. It was an opt-in game, so easily skipped, but they had fun doing it. Made for some exciting times on deck or waiting in line at the Aqua Duck.

If you have any more questions, feel free to ask.

If you check out the Disney Cruise Line Blog http://disneycruiselineblog.com/personal-navigators/ you can look at recent navigators. They will show the activities scheduled for Vibe. Our son never liked the kids clubs when he was younger and so he just hung out with us. The first time he spent any significant amount of time in the youth activities was when he was old enough for Vibe, and he really enjoyed it. He did prefer the one on the Fantasy to the Magic, but he still had fun on the Magic, though he didn't go as often. Like your daughter, he was 17 then and I think that makes a difference. There is a big difference between 14 and 17. It probably comes down to the mix of kids on a particular cruise.

Three dds have used Vibe. It is nice room, with a smoothie bar, couches for hanging out, and a video game area. It seemed to be open all day and well into the night. Younger dd liked the gaming and could have stayed all day and night doing that. Older dds met a girl that they then hung out with out of the club. I think some (a lot?) of whether your teen will like it will depend on both her personality and the personalities of the other kids. One cruise, dds said Vibe was full of "shallow" girls, and they really didn't use it much. Another cruise, they were happy to go check in and hang occasionally. They did participate in the movie making one cruise as well.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter