VERO BEACH Information & Adoration Thread

First time going to Vero! We are excited and booked 4 nights in an OVIR after our stay at the BCV's. Looking forward to relaxing after the craziness of the parks. We will be there 8/6-10. Can't wait!

just checked out from a one night stay as a pit stop between miami and caribbean beach! beautiful resort and the nicest cast members ever.
We often stay at Vero for a few nights before a cruise out of Ft Lauderdale or Miami. We book an OVIR, and when I sit out, I feel I am extending the cruise, but with a much nicer pool!:)

Currently, there is availability in mid-July for 2- 3 nights for a GVIR and a regular Studio. It will be me, DH and DS17. Which would you recommend and why? Should I waitlist for an OVIR even if I book a studio or GVIR? Also, I know the resort is going or has undergone a recent renovation. Are the inn rooms and studio villas all updated now?

Thanks so much - we have never been to Vero Beach.

Currently, there is availability in mid-July for 2- 3 nights for a GVIR and a regular Studio. It will be me, DH and DS17. Which would you recommend and why? Should I waitlist for an OVIR even if I book a studio or GVIR? Also, I know the resort is going or has undergone a recent renovation. Are the inn rooms and studio villas all updated now?

Thanks so much - we have never been to Vero Beach.

There is not much difference in views between the GVIR and the Deluxe Studio, although you have a slight chance of getting some type of view with the Studio. There are two primary differences. First the GVIRs are located in the hotel while the Studios are located in the villa buildings. I like being in the hotel. You may prefer being away from the main building where it is a little more peaceful (unless you are next to the pool). The second difference is in size and bed configuration. From the FAQ on the first page of this thread:

What is the difference between an Inn Room and a Studio?

With an Inn room you'll get 2 queen beds and it is about 360 sq ft. You also will have a small frig, wet bar, and microwave...

A studio is about 375 sq ft and also has a frig, wet bar and microwave. The difference is you will get one queen bed and one double sleeper sofa...

To me the question is, would you rather have a room with two beds or a room with one bed and a sleeper sofa. Most of the inn rooms have been renovated, but only about half of the studios have been renovated. I wouldn't worry about it, since the pre-renovated decor is wonderful - just a bit dated.

Finally, if it were me, I would waitlist the OVIR. If I am not staying in a X-bedroom unit, I always book the OVIR. Sitting on the balcony and listening to the sounds of the ocean is like stepping up your vacation a notch.

Finally, if it were me, I would waitlist the OVIR. If I am not staying in a X-bedroom unit, I always book the OVIR. Sitting on the balcony and listening to the sounds of the ocean is like stepping up your vacation a notch.

Thanks for all the great information. :thumbsup2 I actually did waitlist the OVIR a few days ago. Hopefully it will come through.

We are new members to DVC, and decided to try to use points that were given to us for 2016. I am on the wait list for a studio July 1-5. What do ya'll think my chances are of getting it?? Slim to none??

We'll be there 5/19 - 5/24 then heading to WDW. Hey there Rick, it is Rob. I've been away for a long time. I'm very happy to see you have kept the thread going. You Rock!

Help please?

Back in October we were all set to go to Vero and the hurricane felt it was not the best time for us to visit.
While planning for that trip, I found information about an orange orchard that was fairly close to the resort.

It was not just the store front and packing facility. It was an actual orchard with the beautiful rows of trees.

Does anyone have the name of that location?

I really should have written it down but I was sure I would remember. :sad2:
Thanks.

We are waiting for Jan. 21 to reserve a Beach Cottage for Aug. 21 - 24. Available right now, and hopefully still on 1/21.

mac_tlc

Not having any luck, unfortunately. The 21st was available at 7:59am on Jan. 21st, unavailable at 8am. The 22nd was available up until 7:59 this morning, unavailable at 8am. Even if there is only one unit available, which is likely, its odd to see that the days become unavailable one day at at time. Now, the 23rd shows as available, but I bet it won't be at 8am tomorrow morning.

I guess we were very lucky last year when we got it for 3 days in August. Didn't even log in at exactly 8am last year.

It's not possible to waitlist days outside your booking window, is it?

mac_tlc

Thank you so much. This has been a difficult week. My mother passed Dec 29, and my brother in law passed yesterday. We have cancelled the cruise we were set to go on Friday. I need to see the ocean before heading to NJ and the funerals that will be in mid January.

We said goodbye to both dear relatives just after Christmas. Plus, we euthanized our dear Belle, 13 year old lab on Dec 21.

I am sorry for your losses too, bobbiwoz, three within a few weeks is really hard. Enjoy your stay at VB and take care.

Help please?

Back in October we were all set to go to Vero and the hurricane felt it was not the best time for us to visit.
While planning for that trip, I found information about an orange orchard that was fairly close to the resort.

It was not just the store front and packing facility. It was an actual orchard with the beautiful rows of trees.

Does anyone have the name of that location?

I really should have written it down but I was sure I would remember. :sad2:
Thanks.
Hale Groves halegroves.com is of of US1 in Sebastian they have some trees at the store. Countryside Citrus countrysidecitrus.com you drive through the groves to get to the store

Not having any luck, unfortunately. The 21st was available at 7:59am on Jan. 21st, unavailable at 8am. The 22nd was available up until 7:59 this morning, unavailable at 8am. Even if there is only one unit available, which is likely, its odd to see that the days become unavailable one day at at time. Now, the 23rd shows as available, but I bet it won't be at 8am tomorrow morning.

I guess we were very lucky last year when we got it for 3 days in August. Didn't even log in at exactly 8am last year.

It's not possible to waitlist days outside your booking window, is it?

mac_tlc
it almost sounds like someone is walking a reservation. They might not have all of the cottages in inventory due to the renovation schedule. It might be worth waitlisting as they might get the units back in to inventory as the renovations allow

Do any of the two-bedroom units have a view of the ocean?

mac_tlc
the dedicated 2 brs are on the end of the buildings facing the roadway while the lock-off 2 brs are towards the ocean. I have stayed in many 1brs that would be part off a 2 br lock-off and have been able to see the ocean from them on both the 2nd and 3rd floors but some people have said that they cant see the ocean from a 2nd floor unit. I think it also depends on when the trees get trimmed

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter