Vegan/Vegetarian Restaurant/Dining Help Thread

I'm also wondering about the character breakfast at Cape May Cafe. I'm hoping that they'll make my vegan teen some special mickey waffles or something like that, has anyone eaten there as a vegan? We're staying at YC so I booked if for our last morning at the resort because we won't be leaving for MCO until mid afternoon.

Regarding Value Food Courts - We're staying at Pop in Sept. and last time they had a veggie sandwich with cheese. I noticed that the menu now shows that sandwich (from the Pizza Shop) and another veggie sandwich (in the Sandwich Shop) that has no cheese. I'll report back on that.

Also, does anyone know if the veggie pizzas are premade or if I can get one made without cheese?

Thanks in advance!
Kryssi

Last edited:
Regarding Value Food Courts - We're staying at Pop in Sept. and last time they had a veggie sandwich with cheese. I noticed that the menu now shows that sandwich (from the Pizza Shop) and another veggie sandwich (in the Sandwich Shop) that has no cheese. I'll report back on that.

Also, does anyone know if the veggie pizzas are premade or if I can get one made without cheese?

Thanks in advance!
Kryssi
Most places have daiya, don't know if they're premade or not

We would like to go to Teppan Edo with my DS8, who is a vegetarian. He also has various sensory issues and meat really bothers him, particularly the idea of cross-contamination. Has anyone tried the tofu appetizer? Is it possible to have it prepared not on the grill in front of him but in a kitchen in the back? I am trying to think if this is even possible with him (we will discuss it), but I know he will be upset if the same tools are used or any meat gets by his food.

I could be wrong, but I think some of the items - such as appetizers - are prepared in the kitchen.
I'm vegetarian and when eating hibachi I always ask for my meals to be prepared either first or on a separate side of the grill so that cross contamination doesn't occur. I'm not cool with the same utensils being used for my food as for the meat of seafood.
I totally understand the sensory issues - my son has them, as well. Will the noise of this restaurant bother him? I know when we go to Disney we try to find quieter dining experiences in an effort to provide some calm in between the hustle and bustle of the parks and attractions.

We would like to go to Teppan Edo with my DS8, who is a vegetarian. He also has various sensory issues and meat really bothers him, particularly the idea of cross-contamination. Has anyone tried the tofu appetizer? Is it possible to have it prepared not on the grill in front of him but in a kitchen in the back? I am trying to think if this is even possible with him (we will discuss it), but I know he will be upset if the same tools are used or any meat gets by his food.

Has anyone had experience with Garden Grill breakfast as a vegetarian/vegan? I have one vegetarian in my group that can't have egg and one vegan. We've done dinner there in the past with no problems and my daughter really wants to go on our upcoming trip, but it looks like breakfast is the only time we could make it work and I'm unsure of what options they would have and if it would be worth the cost of the meal.

I have almost the same question, actually.

I have an 8:10 Breakfast ADR for 2 at Garden Grill in Sept. Me and a friend. Both in our early 30's for whatever it's worth. She's vegan, I'm not.

Truth entirely told, we chose it just because we wanted to enter the park early, and it seemed to be the only game in town (though if anyone has suggestions, I'm all ears). It's also her first time going to Disney (but not mine by a longshot) and I think a character meal would be fun for her.

Neither of us has ever eaten at Garden Grill, though from what I've read it sounds like they should be accommodating of her vegan diet. Greenhouse adjacent and all. I'm fine w/ the regular menu. Though the fact that it's family style, and there are only two of us, and the two of us don't even share the same diet, concerns me slightly. (For instance, I very much want to try the cinnamon roll, wheras I can only assume she wouldn't, as I imagine the frosting isn't vegan.)

(Related Side Question: Can Garden Grill prepare vegan Mickey Waffles?)

I'm just concerned about it because breakfast was my idea (I've done early breakfast ADR's before, and enjoyed the extra hour in the park), but if she has nothing to eat I'd feel terrible for suggesting it. Especially at $30.

The will prepare food in the back kitchen, because my wife has a food allergy and they did it for all her food. I didn't find the environment chaotic once we got to our table, b/c the have a lot of dividers so you don't feel like you're in one enormous room and the color scheme is muted. But it's a big restaurant and there's a lot of cooking noises. Not sure how someone with sensory issues would deal.

Just got back from a trip with a vegan and a vegetarian. The chef at kona cafe was able to make vegan tonga toast which made my dd very happy. Both girls were obsessed with the vegan korma at sunshine seasons. Tusker house was a great dinner buffet choice and they brought out a plate of enjoy life cookies for my dd. For our signature dining meal we went to California grill, they made both vegan and vegetarian sampler plates which the girls said were amazing. The only thing that disappointed my dd at CG was that they didn't have earth balance for the bread like the other TS places.

Ideas for veg solo dining? My friends' APs have expired, but mine is still valid and I snagged $69 flights for a long weekend in late January. I'm vegetarian, but can't have mushrooms or mangoes due to allergy.

Is Boma still good for vegetarians? Looking specifically for TS options - particularly those I may not have visited with my less-adventurous, omnivorous friends.

(I typically do a lot of apps at places like LC or 'Ohana.)

ETA: How's Tusker House for breakfast? I see lots of lunch/dinner reviews, but having a hard time finding out how much of breakfast is veg. Anyone eaten there semi-recently?

Last edited:
My vegan daughter and her vegetarian friend loved the special entree plates that they made for them at California Grill. My daughter also can't stop talking about the vegan tonga toast that they made for her at Kona cafe. Both girls also liked the gardein chicken dish that they had at Coral Reef.

Ideas for veg solo dining? My friends' APs have expired, but mine is still valid and I snagged $69 flights for a long weekend in late January. I'm vegetarian, but can't have mushrooms or mangoes due to allergy.

Is Boma still good for vegetarians? Looking specifically for TS options - particularly those I may not have visited with my less-adventurous, omnivorous friends.

(I typically do a lot of apps at places like LC or 'Ohana.)

ETA: How's Tusker House for breakfast? I see lots of lunch/dinner reviews, but having a hard time finding out how much of breakfast is veg. Anyone eaten there semi-recently?

We love Boma and try to go there for dinner on a rest/non-park day.

Tusker House - we also try to get there EVERY trip! When we do breakfast, we usually go at the end of breakfast and stay through lunch; we did so on our trips last spring and there were plenty of vegetarian options. Dinner is also quite good; we went once for a "late" dinner reservation (5:30 or 6?) on a day the park was closing at 7. We had a lovely walk out of the park after dinner - we felt like it was our own private park! I guess this may change now that Rivers of Light is coming on.

Hi all! I asked on another thread, but wanted to check with you all as well. Has anyone been to LTT lately? What are the vegetarian substitutions there?

Hi all! I asked on another thread, but wanted to check with you all as well. Has anyone been to LTT lately? What are the vegetarian substitutions there?

On 11/6, Vegan Disney World Blog posted this on their Facebook page:
"Liberty Tree Tavern offers the Vegetarian Proclamation sandwich at lunch. It is full of roasted and raw veggies and even comes with a vegan mayo!"

However, since it isn't listed on Disney's website, it may no longer be available. I hate when vegetarian/vegan items are removed and not replaced!

I'm coming in to ask about LTT as well. I've heard there has been a menu change. Wanted to try that veg proc. sandwich but it's not listed on the menu.
I'm trying to get res for Skippers Canteen instead but can only get 11 or 2:30. Seems very strange to me. Same thing for Tony's.
Looking for something vegan friendly and not character dining. Ate at BOG and The plaza in the past and don't care to repeat either experience.

We really want to take a break for lunch and sit down for a while. I don't feel like fighting to stand in line or searching for a table.
Diamond horseshoe looks like it's only a buffet.

On 11/6, Vegan Disney World Blog posted this on their Facebook page:
"Liberty Tree Tavern offers the Vegetarian Proclamation sandwich at lunch. It is full of roasted and raw veggies and even comes with a vegan mayo!"

However, since it isn't listed on Disney's website, it may no longer be available. I hate when vegetarian/vegan items are removed and not replaced!

Thank you for letting me know! I'll have to think about this one a bit more.

How's Tusker House for breakfast? I see lots of lunch/dinner reviews, but having a hard time finding out how much of breakfast is veg.

We were there for breakfast and found nothing interesting on the menu that was veggie. IMO there's no point to breakfast there since it's just breakfast.

Thankfully we had done the late-breakfast trick and ended up getting lunch foods, and lunch/dinner are where the interesting veggie foods come out. And if you do that you are charged for breakfast, which is a little lower, but it didn't feel worth it.

We will be eating Breakfast at BOG this upcoming trip, for the first time.
I was wondering if I can ask for the meat to be left off of my plate?
I eat Eggs & cheese but can't eat meat because of a food allergy.
How do you order (no meat) on the touch screen or do you have to order from a Real person?
Anyone have success doing that, otherwise my choices are very limited.
thanks
I realize you asked this 5 months ago! But I basically have the same question and I don't think you got an answer?

I pre-ordered breakfast for 11/24. I am vegetarian, but not Vegan. I ordered the Feast Al a Gaston, but it comes with meat. Has anyone been able to make a substitution once you are at the cashier to pay? I know they ask if you have any changes to add before the ring up the final price.

I pre-ordered breakfast for 11/24. I am vegetarian, but not Vegan. I ordered the Feast Al a Gaston, but it comes with meat. Has anyone been able to make a substitution once you are at the cashier to pay? I know they ask if you have any changes to add before the ring up the final price.
When we were there for lunch, I didn't preorder because I didn't know what was going to happen. So we stood in line to order and I was able to get the hot ham and cheese sandwich (?) without the meat so it was just like an expensive grilled cheese.
I did not enjoy my meal there at all. My husband got whatever was vegan and really enjoyed it.

So this doesn't help with the pre-order part of your question but they were ok with the substitution.

When we were there for lunch, I didn't preorder because I didn't know what was going to happen. So we stood in line to order and I was able to get the hot ham and cheese sandwich (?) without the meat so it was just like an expensive grilled cheese.
I did not enjoy my meal there at all. My husband got whatever was vegan and really enjoyed it.

So this doesn't help with the pre-order part of your question but they were ok with the substitution.
Thanks! I really want to avoid the order line. I'm willing to stick with my preorder and just roll the dice and just eat around the meat if I have to!

Took a bit of digging to find this thread!

How is 1900 Park Fare dinner for vegetarian options, especially kid-friendly ones? My family is headed back to the World at the end of this summer and we tend to do well with the buffets but 1900 PF dinner would be a new one for us. (As a frame of reference, we've enjoyed lunch at Crystal Palace, Tusker House, and Hollywood & Vine in the past. If the offerings at 1900 are similar to any of those, we'll be fine.)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter