Vegan/Vegetarian Restaurant/Dining Help Thread

Trust me, when we went back after that for dinner, we got what everyone else was describing. It wasn't nearly as great as what this Chef made me that evening.

I just went back to my TR to see if I included his name, but I did not. :(

Here is an excerpt from that report (Ernie is my husband):

We were seated at an extra long and large table about two rows in front of the grill area. I love everything about this place - the music, the large tables (which are extra important when you are eating a lot and have kids with you who tend to make a mess), the atmosphere, etc. Being vegetarian, the chef came out several times to talk with us and see what I liked. Ernie would be fine since he also ate seafood but I did not. I needed something different made and the Chef did not hold back at all! I just cannot get over the service here and the attention to the customer. Outstanding!

We all enjoyed the salad, noodles, vegetables, and bread. The rest of the table seemed to also really enjoy the wings, potstickers and assorted meats that appeared at the table. Ernie ate his fair share of shrimp as well and our waitress brought more out for him several times. The Chef warned me to not eat too much of the salad and bread because he'd be making me something very special. Well, I was shocked and intrigued when he brought out my appetizer. It was fried green tomatoes with potatoes and Cheetos! And WOW was it good! Then for dinner he made me a tempura asparagus and broccoli with tofu, rice and other assorted vegetables. I could seriously just not get enough of the tofu especially. It was perfectly cooked and scrumptious! This was by far the best meal of the trip and one of the very best vegetarian meals I've ever had in WDW and believe me, I've had some great ones.

I am taking two teens, one is vegan and the other is a vegetarian. We will be using the dining plan and I want to book one 2 TS credit meal, anyone have recommendations?
Jiko!
SO good. Look at my previous posts for the vegetarian menu.

Jiko!
SO good. Look at my previous posts for the vegetarian menu.

That did look really good and my daughter's friend who is the vegetarian would be thrilled to have so many entree choices instead of just 1 item. Maybe I can coordinate a later dinner there after we are at AK. I was hoping to eat near at/or our resort but I think Yachtsman would gross out the girls because of the meat display and Flying Fish is closed for renovations until fall.

Last edited:
I am taking two teens, one is vegan and the other is a vegetarian. We will be using the dining plan and I want to book one 2 TS credit meal, anyone have recommendations?

Yachtsman looks beautiful, but the big sides of beef hanging might turn them off. Not sure how sensitive they are to it. And you can smell the steakhouse once you walk into that resort.

YachtsmanSteakhouseB.jpg

(image from the mouseforless)

Last edited:

I went ahead and booked Jiko for the vegan and vegetarian teens because it looked like they would have a lot of choices. Now my daughter said oh I really wanted to eat at California Grill again, have any vegans eaten at CG recently and how was it?

No, that was at least a few years ago. I wish I knew the Chef's name as he came out and talked to me first. When we went back a trip after this one, that Chef wasn't there (I asked) and they just brought the stir fry option- it seems this is what is on the menu next door at Kona Cafe. I will look for a picture of that meal.

Looks like a Chef TJ meal. He's over at Trail's End now but to get his magic touch, you have to make sure you don't go on his days off (Friday and Saturday last I heard) and not during the seating times for the Hoop-dee-Doo dinners. No one comes close to Chef TJ when it comes to special meals.

WOW!!! That is definitely NOT what I got on the two times we were there. If this was the current vegetarian offering, I'd definitely give it another try. I just have that "fool me once, shame on you, fool me twice, shame on me" feeling.

That was a Chef TJ meal, who is not there anymore so don't expect anything that special. See my other post about him being at Trails End now.

Looks like a Chef TJ meal. He's over at Trail's End now but to get his magic touch, you have to make sure you don't go on his days off (Friday and Saturday last I heard) and not during the seating times for the Hoop-dee-Doo dinners. No one comes close to Chef TJ when it comes to special meals.

That was a Chef TJ meal, who is not there anymore so don't expect anything that special. See my other post about him being at Trails End now.

Ah, shucks. That's too bad he's not there anymore. He was awesome. Trails End is a buffet, right?

I am glad I found this thread. I am planning a trip in December for 13 of us and 2 are vegetarians. I booked Boma and Ohana because I heard they have good vegetarian options. I also have BOG lunch, Tusker breakfast and plan to get San angel once the CP packages are out. Any other suggestions? I saw the two suggestions for CS at MK what about the other parks?

I am glad I found this thread. I am planning a trip in December for 13 of us and 2 are vegetarians. I booked Boma and Ohana because I heard they have good vegetarian options. I also have BOG lunch, Tusker breakfast and plan to get San angel once the CP packages are out. Any other suggestions? I saw the two suggestions for CS at MK what about the other parks?
Quinoa salad at BOG lunch is delish and get the veggie platter at TC just mention what you can eat they are very helpful there.

Hi all-- I'm replying on my own post to say that I just called 'Ohana to ask about vegetarian options. I spoke to Liz, who confirmed that the appetizer consists of breads with red pepper hummus, baba ganoush, and sundried tomato hummus, and the entrée is noodles with veggies and tofu! I think we'll go ahead and stick with our reservation-- sounds delish! Thanks again for everyone's help!

Hi all-- my family has been looking forward to our first visit to 'Ohana, particularly my daughter and me, who are both vegetarian. Now I'm on the fence, after reading the Disney Hipsters review (http://www.disneyhipsters.com/2016/05/vegetarian-dinner-at-ohana.html). Somewhere along the line, I had gotten it in my head that vegetarians could get tofu along with the noodle and veggie dish, but according to the DH review, there's no tofu, and when the carnivores are getting their meat skewers, vegetarians are presented with chips and dip (fancy, but chips and dip nonetheless) for their meal.:crazy2: This is our Thanksgiving meal, paid out of pocket, and now I'm not sure whether I want to keep our hard won reservation! Any thoughts?

Have any vegans ever eaten at La Hacienda lately? Two years ago my daughter ate there as a vegetarian and loved it. They gave her a special menu that isn't on the WDW website but I'm not sure that there were any vegan choices on that menu.

I don't know if this has been covered, but the Veggie Stack at the Harambe Market was AWESOME!! I'm not even a vegetarian and I have to say that it's one of my favorite CS meals anywhere. Unfortunately it's not vegan because of the pesto.

Have any vegans ever eaten at La Hacienda lately? Two years ago my daughter ate there as a vegetarian and loved it. They gave her a special menu that isn't on the WDW website but I'm not sure that there were any vegan choices on that menu.

Well the podcasts on Vegan at WDW didn't have anything good to say about trying to eat as a vegan at either Mexican TS so I cancelled that reservation. They did have good things to say about Tokyo Dining so I booked that but now I have 1 too many TS for our dining plan so I'm trying to decide what to drop. Has anyone eaten at Skipper Canteen, they have 2 vegan options but one person on those same podcasts described the food as bland.

Has anyone eaten at Skipper Canteen, they have 2 vegan options but one person on those same podcasts described the food as bland.

I ate there in May. I really liked the restaurant and the overall experience. But if I'm honest, the tofu noodle bowl was a bit bland. The tofu, in particular, didn't appear to be seasoned at all. I didn't dislike the dish, but it wasn't anything to write home about.

I ate there in May. I really liked the restaurant and the overall experience. But if I'm honest, the tofu noodle bowl was a bit bland. The tofu, in particular, didn't appear to be seasoned at all. I didn't dislike the dish, but it wasn't anything to write home about.

My teen vegan loved the concept of the restaurant I will just have to remind her that the food might be bland. Maybe they have siracha or Tabasco sauce that she could use.

In Epcot the CS in Morocco is good, and Marrakesh the TS is yummy too. We've had veggie tacos at the Mexico CS too. We have lots of Moroccan and Mexican food where we live, so we usually go to Rose and Crown weirdly enough. That's because eating out at pubs in Britain mostly involved bread and cheese again and again and again....so we like to have a Disney do-over where we get good beer and vegetable cottage pie.

AK has the best vegan and veg snack options. Look up thread for more info about them.

Has anyone had experience with Garden Grill breakfast as a vegetarian/vegan? I have one vegetarian in my group that can't have egg and one vegan. We've done dinner there in the past with no problems and my daughter really wants to go on our upcoming trip, but it looks like breakfast is the only time we could make it work and I'm unsure of what options they would have and if it would be worth the cost of the meal.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter