Vampires: Yes or No?

thron606

Disney Freak
I was wondering what everyone thinks about the whole vampire craze at the moment?

Personally I think it has gone overboard...

I was wondering what everyone thinks about the whole vampire craze at the moment?

Personally I think it has gone overboard...

Agreed.
I liked Twilight before it was popular, like way before. XD

Then it got popular and now almost every book in the teen section is about vampires.
The fans scare me, especially the moms who love it... it's just creepy.

I think it has gone a bit over the top too to be honest

-mind you, i would say that because i'm not even into twilight:laughing:

Agreed.
I liked Twilight before it was popular, like way before. XD

Then it got popular and now almost every book in the teen section is about vampires.
The fans scare me, especially the moms who love it... it's just creepy.
The fans are REALLY scary. Like, I used to work at a movie theatre, and I worked the opening nights for all three of them. I got trampled, punched, locked in a closet, and had drinks thrown at me... and that was just at Eclipse! We're not even going to go into New Moon and Twilight... *shudder*

So, yes, I'm against the vampire thing, mainly because I don't particularly like stuff that gets me attacked at work. I do like Dracula, but it's gotten waaaaay out of control.

I've seen Twilight and New Moon and I honestly don't understand why people would get so crazy over those movies and books. I didn't think they were any good.

And lots of the fans have gone a little overboard...

The fans are REALLY scary. Like, I used to work at a movie theatre, and I worked the opening nights for all three of them. I got trampled, punched, locked in a closet, and had drinks thrown at me... and that was just at Eclipse! We're not even going to go into New Moon and Twilight... *shudder*

So, yes, I'm against the vampire thing, mainly because I don't particularly like stuff that gets me attacked at work. I do like Dracula, but it's gotten waaaaay out of control.

Dang! That's terrible!
I'd ask not to have to work those nights. DX

I hate how if you say, "Vampires" everyone runs out of the woodwork complaining about twilight. Um, Vampire Stories have been around a lot longer than twilight, and they will last a long time after. Stephanie Mayer didn't come up with them. :rolleyes:

its overboard. i read almost only vampire books. i liked twilight somewhat. but jeez for how much they get into it. its ridiculous at how much they do. for those of you who have seen "Vampire's Suck" the fans in that are what (i personally think) the fans of vampires have become.

i don't know why the sudden vampire rage has happened. the vampire chronicles are way better than the twilight series(yes i have read them. and im only on the 5th chapter of interveiw with a vampire and it is already better)

i hate it personally. i think it been blown outta proportion.i saw this one girl at walmart she had the twilight apple tattooed on her back and then under it said twilight i was like WOW its not that great.

I hate how if you say, "Vampires" everyone runs out of the woodwork complaining about twilight. Um, Vampire Stories have been around a lot longer than twilight, and they will last a long time after. Stephanie Mayer didn't come up with them. :rolleyes:
Exactly.
I despise Twilight but I LOVE the Vampire Diaries.

I agree that the whole vampire craze is getting old. The only good thing about this current craze is True Blood. :)

I think that's because Twilight made the vampire thing the madness it is, and they're the main reason those of us who say we don't like them don't like them. Personally, I'm not a big fan of anything that gets me assaulted at work.

I think that's because Twilight made the vampire thing the madness it is, and they're the main reason those of us who say we don't like them don't like them. Personally, I'm not a big fan of anything that gets me assaulted at work.

:rotfl: :thumbsup2
You just won the; make me burst out laughing getting my mom to give me a weird stare award of the day... (wow, that award ended up having a longer name then I intended.)

Tbh, I wouldn't have really wanted to read about vampires, be it the oversexualized way they are now, or the old fashioned sense, before Twilight.
Twilight sounded dumb before I read it. I read it for the romance schtuff, and I no longer like it.

But still, all those other tv shows, all those other books don't interest me really. I'm not a fantasy reader.
So no.

There's always a vampire craze every odd amount of years, there was a couple of years ago involving Anne Rice (think it was around the time Queen of the Damned was released). To be honest, the majority of people involved in the current vampire fan craze will move onto something else next and forget about Twilight/whatever the new vampire stuff is.

Before the whole Twilight craze when you mentioned vampires people would mention Anne Rice and before that was Dracula. It seems whatever vampire film is the cinema is the next craze (I mean there wasn't all that much craze Twilight until the film version came out (then you get the elitists and the fangirls....)). I think the reason most don't speak about the older vampire stories is also that they can't say "gosh Nosferatu is sexy" like they do with the guy out of Twilight/True Blood haha.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter