Value Question

sohryu

I'm a Mickey!
I've read through the thread for throwaway rooms and am considering booking a campsite at Fort Wilderness for my upcoming visit at the end of May. I was hoping to get some feedback on the value of doing so for my particular situation.

Here are the details:
- Staying offsite
- 3 total guests (1 of which has an MB from a Nov 2015 visit)
- 1 car
- ADRs are already booked for our visit so no need for the 180+10 booking window
- Highly unlikely that the party will split, we're all going on the same rides at the same time the entire trip

My value question comes because the total cost of parking for 2 days plus 3 MBs is $78.97 and a campsite is $85.50. Would you say it's worth the extra $6.53 for a throwaway room to be able to try for FP+ at the 60 day window instead of the 30? We're visiting the parks for 4 days, May 29th - June 1st.

Technically, the other 2 folks don't need MBs and I can get by just using my old one from Nov 2015. My concern is the ride photos/videos that activate based on the MB scan during the ride and if mine will have a low/dead battery by the time of our trip the end of May, thus causing us to miss out on those photos.

If my battery on the Nov 2015 magic band will still be good to activate for ride photos, then I'm fine just using my MB and the rest of my party can use their ticket cards for FP+. I don't think they necessarily care enough to purchase their own MBs but I could be wrong.

**Edit: I forgot to consider the additional perk of EMH for 2 days (check-in & check-out on a 1 night stay) included in the campsite throwaway reservation. Not sure if that should impact the value consideration or not. We'd probably take advantage of the EMH if we had it.

Last edited:
Personally I think it's worth it. I like the certainty of knowing that I will be able to do (without wasting half my day in line) ride the rides I want most - and that's going to include 7DMT and with 2 under-5 girls, FEA.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter