Vacation Village at Parkway

I'm so glad people have good things to say about this place.
I cannot wait for our trip next May. :cool1:

$249 is a pretty good price, especially at the Vacation Village. I know SkyAuction.com used to offer it pretty cheap per week. It used to be $216, but now since the tax and service increase your looking at $316, that is with a dollar bid. I guess you can consider that still a good deal! :confused3 :dance3: :cool2: popcorn:: :eek:

I know nothing about SkyAuction. Is there a "tutorial" thread or site?

We are going in May and have a 2 bedroom booked... does this mean that we'll have a washer and dryer in the room or do they not all come with them? Also, do you pay for parking at the resort? Is it within walking distance to Disneyworld? We're taking our 4 year old and 1 year old so I'm trying to get as much information as I can :)

you should have a washer and dryer.

no pay for parking here

nothing offsite in within walking distance of WDW. WDW is BIG and mean BIG.

the parks themselves aren't within walking distance of each other (expect Studios and Epcot)

this place has some nice shuttles. one will take you to the Publix (grocery store) no charge, and I think it takes you to Old Town too.

they do charge for transportation to the WDW parks, US/IOA, and Sw.

Be sure to go to the grocery store that first day if you can. This place has NO restuarants. there is a Publix on the road to WDW International Drive south.

I though all full kitchen had the washer/dryer? now the partial kitchen some do and some don't.

Thank you for the information! I appreciate it.

Do you know how much the transportation is from the resort to WDW? Do you think it would be better to just use that or take our rental car and park at WDW? Remember we have 2 kids and a stroller. :lol:

and just out of curiosity... what is Old Town?

you would be better with your car.

disney only allows disney buses to go directly to the MK. Outside buses have to go the bus parking lot at TTC.

so you don't get much closer.

the other parks you are better off parking.

the price is $10 per DAY - so you can go and come pretty easily with a car.

with a 1 and 4 years old you KNOW you are taking breaks. So use the car.

get there EARLY. take a break and come back later (if you can - offtimes the park close earlier).

I think Disney still allows anyone to use their baby sitting service. So for one night put the kids in a kids club (if you can). You and your husband do Epcot that night....

I know nothing about SkyAuction. Is there a "tutorial" thread or site?

go look on the Orlando hotels & attractions board - you will find plenty on skyauction. If you still need help - start a thread there on that board about skyauction.

Its the time to start looking out for a vacation Rental.

we are booked this resort before a week .Many homes were filled in advance due to the summer vacations

springvacationsrental.com.

they are wide variety of homes to choose from.

Does anyone knows how bad (or how good) the 'B' units in this place are? We are booked into a 'B' unit on a timeshare exchange (all they had available) and were wondering how easily we might upgrade to an 'A'. Does anyone know?

We are booked in this resort the week after Easter and they only had the "B" sides available, does anybody know what supplies a partial kitchen has? We really want to be able to make dinners but with only a microwave and refrig that might be a problem. We were hoping for a least a toaster oven. I am wondering if we can bring our own since we are driving?

What about the pools, did you spend much time in them? Looking for something for grandboys 3 and 8.

I am an owner at this resort. The B side kitchen has a 2-burner hotplate and a convection/microwave oven. You can do any conventional baking you would with a regular oven or use it as a microwave. As long as you are not planning a huge meal, you should not need to bring your own supplies. The only thing I miss in this side's kitchen is the dishwasher.

Does anyone knows how bad (or how good) the 'B' units in this place are? We are booked into a 'B' unit on a timeshare exchange (all they had available) and were wondering how easily we might upgrade to an 'A'. Does anyone know?

Upgrading all depends on availability. If there is a vacancy, they should be glad to upgrade you for the extra cost. Truthfully, I have found, as an owner there, that a B side is really sufficient for my needs, just cozier, but perfectly comfortable. I never use the jacuzzi on A side, I really prefer not to spend time cooking, and there is room for a guest on the sleeper sofa.

forgot someone asked earlier about the nature trail. The one I walked connected it with the other Parkway resort.

It was a broadwalk in the woods. So not so much nature?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter