Vacation Village at Parkway

HappyCamperToo

Fish gotta fly
Two thumbs up from me and my DD12.

Paid $249 for the 7 night stay through www.getravelop.com in Jan 2005. It's a site for government employees. Price for a week is now at $299. That's all taxes and fees included, and there's no need to do a timeshare presentation.

We were in a 1BR, "A" side, which is the larger side. The unit was very spacious for two people. We're going back in about half a year with 4, so we'll see if it still feels good with more people. Got to be bigger than a hotel room....

It's extremely close to WDW. You leave Disney and your RIGHT THERE.

It was clean. Kitchen was nicely equipped, except I'm used to using non-stick cookware. Loved the washer/dryer in the unit. DD loved the jacuzzi, and the big TV in the livingroom.

Thanks for the review. It sounds like a great place.
We are hoping to stay at this resort 12/2007.

Is there a playground?
Did you happen to see the nature trail?
I read that you can use the pool at the sister resort (parkway International)? Did you happen to do that?
Any planned activities for kids/families?

Sorry so many questions.

riu girl said:
Is there a playground?
I read that you can use the pool at the sister resort (parkway International)? Did you happen to do that?

We were given an activity schedule at check-in, but really just used the resort as a place to sleep/eat. I seem to remember that the list didn't look too impressive--nothing that would tempt us away from wdw. If you call them, maybe they'll fax you the current week's schedule, so you can get an idea of what they offer. Sorry I can't provide more info. Hopefully someone else will.

BTW, I think this idea for a sub-board is great, and hope to see lots more collected info here soon!

riu girl said:
Thanks for the review. It sounds like a great place.
We are hoping to stay at this resort 12/2007.

Is there a playground?

Sorry so many questions.

Yes, there is a playground located toward the front of the complex. We only drove by, so I can't provide many details.

There are some activities planned such as movies, board games, making a shell picture frame, etc. The only activity we participated in was the manager welcome on Monday morning. They introduced the managers, and served coffee, doughnuts, and juice.

We had a 2 bedroom that we won on SkyAuction & were very happy with it. We were in Bldg #6 pool view, 6th floor. Each side of the unit had a washer/dryer in it and that was a great help when doing laundry at night since the basins on them are small. Each side of the unit came with a little package consisting of: Dish detergent, tide laundry soap, dial face & body soap, toilet paper & paper towels. The larger side unit had the dishwasher in it, that package came with dishwasher packets as well. They did a mid week towel/sheet change. If you wanted clean towels or sheets any other time all you had to do was bring them to the exchange room to get fresh ones. The entire place was spotless. There was a dive in movie on Thursday night that was a little loud (since we had pool view), but other than that, you could not hear anyoutside noises. The double entrance way knocks out the hall way sound. We kept both doors opened on each side of the units & still didn't hear any hall noise. There was no sales pitch what so ever from here. They checked me in as an "owner", never mentioned SkyAuction. When I went to the second desk to get my parking permits, they asked which resort did we own it & I said none. It was left at that. This place is a hop away from Disney without having to deal with the 192 traffic. There was an activity center but we did not use it. If anyone has any questions, I would be happy to try and answer them. I am already looking on SkyAuction for this again!!! While some of the other timeshare resorts have much more to offer ammenity wise, this place still wins with me due to the cleanliness & quietness!!!

A Mickeyfan said:
We had a 2 bedroom that we won on SkyAuction & were very happy with it. We were in Bldg #6 pool view, 6th floor. Each side of the unit had a washer/dryer in it and that was a great help when doing laundry at night since the basins on them are small. Each side of the unit came with a little package consisting of: Dish detergent, tide laundry soap, dial face & body soap, toilet paper & paper towels. The larger side unit had the dishwasher in it, that package came with dishwasher packets as well. They did a mid week towel/sheet change. If you wanted clean towels or sheets any other time all you had to do was bring them to the exchange room to get fresh ones. The entire place was spotless. There was a dive in movie on Thursday night that was a little loud (since we had pool view), but other than that, you could not hear anyoutside noises. The double entrance way knocks out the hall way sound. We kept both doors opened on each side of the units & still didn't hear any hall noise. There was no sales pitch what so ever from here. They checked me in as an "owner", never mentioned SkyAuction. When I went to the second desk to get my parking permits, they asked which resort did we own it & I said none. It was left at that. This place is a hop away from Disney without having to deal with the 192 traffic. There was an activity center but we did not use it. If anyone has any questions, I would be happy to try and answer them. I am already looking on SkyAuction for this again!!! While some of the other timeshare resorts have much more to offer ammenity wise, this place still wins with me due to the cleanliness & quietness!!!

How much did you pay?

Well, we stayed there again 12/16-23/06. It was, once again, wonderful. This time the www.getravelop.com price was $299. Well worth it, as it included all taxes, fees, etc.!

We were on the 5th floor of building 6, poolside. The only "problem" was on karioke night. Some people just should not be singing in public. :scared1:

The unit was clean and comfortable. The kitchen was well stocked with pots/pans/utensils. We had brought some DVD's for the plane ride, and one phone call brought a dvd player up to our unit for the week.

They let us check in a few hours early at about 1:00. And, they were able to put us in a unit with a washer/dryer (most but not all "A" units have washer/dryers).

I was happy to see that we did not have to fill out the inventory form this time around. I was told they are no longer doing that. Nice not to have to count towels/forks, etc.

Everyone was really pleasant to deal with. I'm sad to see that the resort doesn't come up on skyauction and getravelop very often anymore--I would definately go back if the opportunity arose.

I'm happy to answer questions if anyone has any. :goodvibes

We are booked in this resort the week after Easter and they only had the "B" sides available, does anybody know what supplies a partial kitchen has? We really want to be able to make dinners but with only a microwave and refrig that might be a problem. We were hoping for a least a toaster oven. I am wondering if we can bring our own since we are driving?

What about the pools, did you spend much time in them? Looking for something for grandboys 3 and 8.

Thanks for the reviews! I'm a gov't employee and have seen this location listed and wondered about it (and the site itself since I haven't used it yet). Thanks for the positive endorsement!

It has a microwave convection oven. We didn't try to use it while we were there because we had both the A and B units.

We just got this for a week in May 2008. I would love to hear more reviews or see pictures from those of you going before me :thumbsup2

We are going in May and have a 2 bedroom booked... does this mean that we'll have a washer and dryer in the room or do they not all come with them? Also, do you pay for parking at the resort? Is it within walking distance to Disneyworld? We're taking our 4 year old and 1 year old so I'm trying to get as much information as I can :)

I'm interested too. Going with another family of 3. I thought it would be nice if we both had our own space. Our boys play well together--but I don't know about 24/7.:eek: This 2 BR seems like it would be perfect! :)

$249 is a pretty good price, especially at the Vacation Village. I know SkyAuction.com used to offer it pretty cheap per week. It used to be $216, but now since the tax and service increase your looking at $316, that is with a dollar bid. I guess you can consider that still a good deal! :confused3 :dance3: :cool2: popcorn:: :eek:

Is it within walking distance to Disneyworld?

you cannot walk to wdw from this resort. it's a 10 minute drive to most of the disney parks, and probably about 5 minutes to mgm.

no parking charges. plus, free internet access stations. we really love this place.

you cannot walk to wdw from this resort. it's a 10 minute drive to most of the disney parks, and probably about 5 minutes to mgm.

no parking charges. plus, free internet access stations. we really love this place.

Thank you so much! I'm getting excited. We just might have to get our laptop before we go on our trip. :)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!