Vacation Village at Parkway Review

2goofykiddos

Budding Disney addict
We stayed here this last weekend and really enjoyed ourselves. We timed it and it did not take more than 12 minutes to get to any of the parks (we did not do AK this trip though). We stayed in Tower 16 on the first floor. The room was clean and new...almost as though no one had stayed there! Security was very present so we always felt safe, even though we were on the first floor. Now, I would definitely NOT recommend the first floor as the people above us were loud!! Other than their chairs scraping the tile floor at breakfast, though, we did not hear anything from anyone. It was quite and pretty empty.

We did get out and use the pool. There are free towels and a huge hot tub. Also a splash pad and zero entry pool for kids. There is no bar or food onsite and this created a bit of a problem. The CVS next door is well stocked and it looks like they are about to open a Publix across the street, but it was no where near ready (or had just closed) as of Oct 2012. We had to drive several miles to find a grocery store.

Check in was relatively easy and there was no pressure to buy anything. We did have to pay a $20 cleaning fee and a $25 resort fee which includes free wifi and a FREE shuttle to some of the parks. The shuttle had rather limited times and the wifi was slow. We were offered some opportunities for "free gifts" but we avoided these events and did not answer the phone when it rang so we never received a pitch. This was an RCI trade for us and it was a good experience. I would recommend it.

Let me know if you have any questions!!

We are staying here in May. So I should request a top floor? Did your building have a pool or did you use the main one? Are there lots of restaurants close by? We need to use pullout couch, was it comfortable or should I order a rollaway?
Sorry for all the questions, we are coming with 4 kids, it's our first time offsite :)

if you turned left and went under the overpass - turn left (international drive south) there is a publix there - or it should be

you can actually walk to it - just turn where the walgreens is

look at pubix and it looks like it is closed. that is just sad!:confused3

Spent a long weekend at Vacation Village at Parkway. Nice place. Too cold to use the pool, but I did use a hot tub. Very soothing. Location is just outside WDW gates almost (maybe 1 1/2 miles away). From upper floors (of buildings 16-17, I think) you can see Tower of Terror and the Ear-fle Tower, but I didn't go up to see if fireworks were visible. We were on the 1st floor which was good because elevators were rather slow. I'd stay here again. However, I prefer to be onsite at a WDW resort. JMHO.

I was just coming to look for reviews on this! We might be staying here in November as my brother and SIL have a timeshare and lots of time saved up on it. Glad to hear it is nice. :-). Wondering if the pool is heated, anyone know?

I stayed at VVP back in 2007. It was my first time in Florida and first trip to Disney. Vaction Village at Parkway made me question why anyone EVER stayed at Disney in a motel like room when this place had so much to offer. At that time building 13 was being completed and we stayed in building 12 which was newer. I loved it there. It took less than 15 minutes to go from the resort to the parking lot in Magic Kingdom. Believe me, DH timed it everyday. He was very impressed. I hope you enjoy it as much as we did. Have a GREAT trip. :)

So glad to see these good reviews!! We are staying in October for a week. Used RCI to trade for it.

We are staying here in May 2014, My cousin had a timeshare and offered it to me to purchase for this vacation. This is our first time off property, but with all the great reviews, I am planning to stay here again in the near future..

So can you please explain RCI trade, just in case my cousin does:wizard::wizard::wizard: not have the time available next year

I should have come back and reviewed, sorry! We were NOT impressed. We had a full lock-out and between the two units half the stove eyes and the electric skillet didn't work, and the sofa bed mattresses folded up like tacos and were miserable to sleep on. We will not be returning. The location, however, was pretty much optimal, with an easy drive to the parks and lots of places to eat.

We stayed in a 2 bedroom at Spring Break one year. I loved the furnishings and the back stairway to the pool access. We would come back from the parks every day for some down time and it was very relaxing. I also liked the walking path to the little shopping center on the road. We walked there for dinner. Very nice restaurant.

We just stayed there and really enjoyed ourselves! It was nice to have the space to spread out and the kids enjoyed the whirlpool tub. We were in building 1, hardly ever heard any other guests, loved the pool.....our only complaint is that the pull out was crap. The kids slept on it no problem (they don't care. They'd be comfortable on the floor) but I would not put an adult on it. In fact, the tarp-like thing that attaches to springs and holds the mattress was actually ripped (no springs attached) at the end of the bed. But the rest of the place was GREAT!

Stayed a week in a 1 br. This was our second visit. First stay a few years ago had no problems at all. This visit our rooms were plagued with a variety of problems. First room had worn out beds and a terrible smell coming out of one of the cupboards. Cleaned it. Had maintenance look at it. Nothing helped and it was awful and getting worse. After a couple days we asked and switched to another room. New room also had worn out beds especially the fold out, big rust streaks on the bottom of the tub that were covered by a poorly glued on rubber mat, safe didn't work and a host of smaller problems. But no awful smell so we made do.

Grounds, pools, location and staff were all good. We won't come back. Too many other good options but if you give it a try I'd suggest asking for a unit in one of the newer buildings toward the back.

This was our second visit. First stay a few years ago had no problems at all. This visit our rooms were plagued with a variety of problems.

Bummer. We thought about staying here our last trip, and I was thinking it might be worth doing next time out, but not if cleanliness and maintenance are slipping. :sad1:

Sorry about your poor experience, but thanks for posting. :)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter