Using a lift with SWA

mickey12810

Mouseketeer
Has anyone had to use a lift to transfer someone from a wheelchair to their airline seat and what was your experience. I read online that they will use one to transfer someone and I think my Dad might be able to go with us if they can use one. TIA

I have never heard of a lift to tranfer from a wheelchair to the airplane seat.
What I have seen (and been offered, although DD won't use it) is an aisle chair. That is a special narrow wheelchair that someone transfers to outside the door of the plane. The aisle chair is narrow enough to be wheeled down the aisle of the plane and then the person is lifted or slid into the airplane seat.
Hopefully someone who has actually used one will reply soon. And, if there are lifts available, chances are very good that someone will post about them.

I used an asile chair on my flight with SWA. LOLOLOLOLOL

I am 6'7" and about 310 pounds. It was uncomfortable, but it worked. I rode my powerchair to the door of the plane. Transferred to the asile chair, was strapped in. They took me to my seat and I transferred over again.

The only thing bad about it was I had no where to put my feet, so they sorta just drug behind.

It really wasn't that bad.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter