Use of the Magical Express bus

We plan to use the ME bus from MCO to the ASMu for our early June trip. I am not inclined to let them pick up our bags from baggage claim, since I've heard that they can take up to 5-6 hours to deliver the bags to the rooms. We are flying in from Idaho and the earliest we will be at the airport will be 3:30pm-ish. That would put our bags in our rooms after 9pm or later and I'm just not ok with that.

My first question is, if we get our own bags- do we just bring them with us to the bus and they stow them underneath?

Also- will getting our own bags screw things up and make us miss our bus to the hotel?

?

For me it is totally worth the risk letting them get the bags. Rarely do they arrive late. ..and for me if they do..so what! I always travel ..anywhere.. with a carry-on that has enough to get by for 2 or 3 days in it (including swimsuit, toiletries, pajamas etc.) in the event luggage is lost I can manage for the whole trip doing a little laundry. This takes the worry out of them delivering late..dont care! Also it is WONDERFUL to go directly to the bus and not worry about claiming luggage. Last trip I hurried directly there on the chance that the next bus to my resort was leaving shortly..I got directly on and it was headed down the road within 10 minutes! YES..this might or might not happen ..but any chance of a little extra time my first night is awesome (I fly from montana so it is an all day affair to get there..4:20 is earliest possible)

Last edited:
what app, please?

Posted already in the thread

It's built right in to Delta and AA both. And there are luggage tracker's too. You leave the card in the luggage and it links to an app and shows you where the bags are. I haven't bothered with one since The airlines provide that info on their app

Correct. In addition there are external devices that you can purchase. They reviewed one on The Today Show just before the Holiday travel time started. It got glowing marks. LugLoc

If I booked magical express AFTER my magic bands have already shipped, will I still get my luggage tags in the mail? Or will I need To go get my own bags after we land?

Thanks guys!

P.s. We arrive February 6 and I booked my magical express on January 8, if that helps.

If I booked magical express AFTER my magic bands have already shipped, will I still get my luggage tags in the mail? Or will I need To go get my own bags after we land?

Thanks guys!

P.s. We arrive February 6 and I booked my magical express on January 8, if that helps.
Sure. ME tags have nothing to do with MB

And there's an option between "they take the bags automatically" and "get my own bags"...

You can go to dme and give them your luggage claim tags and then they'll grab your bags and transport them for you. The bags will come to the carousel and circle, rather than being taken from behind the scenes. But if you're ok with that and for some reason didn't get the tags, it's worth knowing.

But MBs and dme tags have nothing to do with each other.

Sometimes the luggage delivery delay is caused by bell services. The luggage is delivered to the resort but it may sit there for awhile. We had some missing luggage and the resort blamed the MCO to resort delivery people, come to find out our luggage had been sitting in bell services storage for several hours by mistake.

:earsboy: Bill

I usually take a 8AM flight from NYC. The last 4 years I been using the ME express and they handled the luggage. Everything has been great. I think it saves a lot of stress. If your worried and want to use the pool on you arrival pack your suits in your carry on there are towels at the pool. My last stay was in November 2016. They have improved a lot. Once you check in at the ME they know you there. By the time I got to the hotel I got a text for the room. So we took the carry on luggage to the room(in the previous years the room wasn't quite ready so we checked our carry on luggage). And went to the park right away. Had lunch used the fast passes came back about 2 or 3 hours later and the luggage was there. We emptied the luggage and went back the park for the evening. The services are always being updated.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter