So, this is probably a bit of a dumb question, but for someone who is only interested in Disney gift cards, and doesn't do the RMN or other cash back, it seems like the Target 5% off with their Target credit card is one of the best Disney gift card deals out there?
You should hang out on this forum for a little while, and sign up for some of the cash back sites. I'm always planning for a future Disney trip, so personally, I always purchase Disney gift cards when I can find a discount greater than 20%. 20% discounts are actually pretty common. Discounts of 30% or more are rare, but not unheard of - I probably catch one once or twice a year. If I have a trip approaching soon, I will purchase gift cards at a 10-15% discount. I will hardly ever purchase them for a 5% discount - I've usually got credit cards that will give me an equal or greater discount.

So, this is probably a bit of a dumb question, but for someone who is only interested in Disney gift cards, and doesn't do the RMN or other cash back, it seems like the Target 5% off with their Target credit card is one of the best Disney gift card deals out there?

I would call it the easiest,

You should hang out on this forum for a little while, and sign up for some of the cash back sites. I'm always planning for a future Disney trip, so personally, I always purchase Disney gift cards when I can find a discount greater than 20%. 20% discounts are actually pretty common. Discounts of 30% or more are rare, but not unheard of - I probably catch one once or twice a year. If I have a trip approaching soon, I will purchase gift cards at a 10-15% discount. I will hardly ever purchase them for a 5% discount - I've usually got credit cards that will give me an equal or greater discount.

The questioner specifically said they didn't want to do cash back sites (for whatever reason) so I don't think recommending to them to do what they said they don't want to do will help them.

It is important to understand that not everyone wants to spend the time involved in doing these deals...some people just want to get the quickest possible way to get a discount. I have many family members whose eyes start glazing over when I start telling them the ways I save money by using portals, Amex offers, etc. Even if it saves money, they are not interested. They don't enjoy doing this (like most of the people on this site do) and would rather not spend the time involved.

Unless you belong to BJ's Wholesale or Sam's Club (probably Costco too but not sure - I don't shop their) and you have a CC that gives you extra bonus points for shopping at wharehouse clubs. I can get 3-4% off at sams for the cards, and pay with my Bank of America card and get an extra 2% back on that too. I know other CC's might offer even higher cash back on their cards. I take that credit card cash back and applying directely against my statement balance.

If you have a Meijer near by they do 10% off gift cards. Sometimes it's a straight 10% off and other times it's a $5 reward for every $50 purchased.

Not dumb at all. Target is my main go-to as I need thousands in Disney gift cards each year for DVC dues, APs, etc. Sometimes I’ll do some of the chase cash back offers at Best Buy, but Target is my most frequent solid option.

Not dumb at all. Target is my main go-to as I need thousands in Disney gift cards each year for DVC dues, APs, etc. Sometimes I’ll do some of the chase cash back offers at Best Buy, but Target is my most frequent solid option.
Another advantage of Target is that you can buy Disney GCs while at Disney! I almost always under estimate how much I need so I hop on my phone and order eGift Cards to be sent to my email address. I simply transfer the money on the eGift Card to a physical card on the Disney Gift Card website and I'm ready to go.

It’s not that they can’t be used but because BBB stopped selling 3rd party cards. In addition you have to be careful to ONLY get happy cards that state “process payment as credit”
They used to be ymmv on carrying gc. Did they get pulled from all the stores?

If you have a Meijer near by they do 10% off gift cards. Sometimes it's a straight 10% off and other times it's a $5 reward for every $50 purchased.
I wish they would do the 10% off more often but at least I can use the mperks for groceries when it is the $5 mperks for every $50.
The nice thing about Meijer is you can double dip with CC rewards as they code as Grocery and take digital wallets ie Apple/Google Pay

I am clearly missing these lol. Or I don't have the right stores or credit cards. I'm really excited if I can get 12-15%.

The Sam’s Club app is showing a $200 e-gift card for $185 as being “available soon.” While a better deal than their usual, I hope this isn’t the Black Friday special we have seen in the past.

Attachments

• B8CA2212-3DCF-428B-9773-72F657089CB6.jpeg
    B8CA2212-3DCF-428B-9773-72F657089CB6.jpeg
    32.5 KB · Views: 20
I wish they would do the 10% off more often but at least I can use the mperks for groceries when it is the $5 mperks for every $50.
The nice thing about Meijer is you can double dip with CC rewards as they code as Grocery and take digital wallets ie Apple/Google Pay
Discover is now 5% for Apple/Google Pay. The next time they do the 10% it would be worth the drive for me. I live about 65 miles from one but I have an electric hybrid and I get about 50 MPG so it'll cost me about $10-$12 round trip.

If anyone has WellsFargo credit cards check to see if you have 10% cash back at gas stations and grocery stores for max of 15 dollars per transactions. In the past with these promos you would be able to use the offer multiple times.

Took a little work to get this added to my card in the shop mall but I was successful and got my 10% cash back from groceries (aka Disney gift cards at the grocery store) in my account within a day or two. No email from WF but the cash back triggered a $25 redemption to my account which I know is from the grocery deal since I never use my WF. I'm going to try and do as many $150 grocery purchases as I can on this card before 11/30.

The downside is I did two transactions today and was declined the second time, because the first triggered a freeze on my account. I guess never using a card and then suddenly using it twice for $100+ does that! I missed the text from WF and in panic just paid with a regular card, bummer. I approved it after so hopefully won't run into that again.

Took a little work to get this added to my card in the shop mall but I was successful and got my 10% cash back from groceries (aka Disney gift cards at the grocery store) in my account within a day or two. No email from WF but the cash back triggered a $25 redemption to my account which I know is from the grocery deal since I never use my WF. I'm going to try and do as many $150 grocery purchases as I can on this card before 11/30.

The downside is I did two transactions today and was declined the second time, because the first triggered a freeze on my account. I guess never using a card and then suddenly using it twice for $100+ does that! I missed the text from WF and in panic just paid with a regular card, bummer. I approved it after so hopefully won't run into that again.
Awesome, earlier in the year WellsFargo had essentially the same promo but it was 15% with a 10 dollar max I believe so it was even better. During that round I was able to get 1600 dollars worth of GCs. For this round I am at 1000 dollars worth, not really sure if I am going to do more. With the card that I have I do get 1% cash back so I do get 11% which is pretty good.

Same here for me as well I never use my WF card besides these promos and I have to believe it might be the same for a lot of people and thats the reason why WF runs them because outside of these times people probably just sock drawer them.

I think there may be an option this Friday. There is a current American Express offer to spend $100 or more at Staples, get $25 back. It's only available on business cards. You can can use this to purchase a $100 Disney gift card for $102 with shipping and get $25 cash back. I am expecting/hoping that there will be additional 10% offers at Rakuten and RetailMeNot for Veterans Day bringing it to almost 35% off. And there is a trick to get the same AmEx offer on multiple cards that I don't want to share publicly, though I'm sure it isn't that hard to find with google.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter