UPDATE!!! Crocs for Enormously Wide Diabetic Feet??

tink2dw

Pixie Dust or Bust!!
oK, HERE IS THE THING,

1. I have enormously wide feet!! I tried the "payless knock off crocs" and they were too tight at the button on the strap and they never loosened. After several tries at walking in them I gave them away.

2. I have Diabetic feet as well, and I truly need "a croc fit" very loose in my shoes. Do you think genuine Crocs would work??

3. Is there a chance in hell that the wedge crocs would fit??

4. These are my current shoe. At $130.00 each pair I only have the one pair. And they show a good inch of velcro, when I wear them.

nimes.jpg

Look at the Crocs website. I think they are mentioned as good for medical needs, but I have not looked in months so I might be remembering it wrong. They are really wide and there are no rough places to potentially cause a scrape or blister. I would give the real ones a try. I think they are very wide. I also have a pair of a similar look and feel that had a fun pattern that I couldn't pass up. Those have casued a little bister and are not as "squishy."

The real ones are so much cheaper than the ones you are wearing now, it is certainly worth a try!

You said you were diabetic but not weather you have neuropathy which is common with diabetes. If indeed you do have neuropathy I DO NOT suggest crocs. What we have seen as PT's in the medical field is that Crocs tend to "grab" the floor instead of sliding over it...well designed to do this exact thing (made to work well in wet conditions)but for someone who doesn't have good feeling and tends to somewhat drag their feet a bit ,it a potential for an accident to happen. We have had more than one patient fall from a mistep while in Crocs or Croc like shoes, and have twisted knees and or broken bones. If you have insurance , your insurance carrier should provide you with a good pair of diabetic shoes made specifically for your feet atleast once a year.Sorry for the sad news...I've been trying to decide myself if I should get a pair but I keep seeing these type accidents in our clinic and haven't. I'm on my feet all day and have heard how comfy they are but continue to resist...Good luck in your search for a comfy shoe!

oK, HERE IS THE THING,

1. I have enormously wide feet!! I tried the "payless knock off crocs" and they were too tight at the button on the strap and they never loosened. After several tries at walking in them I gave them away.

2. I have Diabetic feet as well, and I truly need "a croc fit" very loose in my shoes. Do you think genuine Crocs would work??

3. Is there a chance in hell that the wedge crocs would fit??

4. These are my current shoe. At $130.00 each pair I only have the one pair. And they show a good inch of velcro, when I wear them.

nimes.jpg

You can toss them into the dryer on medium for a minute or two (not more!!) and then put them on. It warms them up and makes them stretchy. Just put them on and wiggle your feet around to stretch them out. If it's not enough the first time, let them cool and try it again. It worked great to stretch mine out just enough.

I suggest going to the Croc website also. The do have one style that it says is good for Diabetic feet (I think it is called the Silver Cloud RX...or something like that). It is much more expensive than regular Crocs. I am not diabetic, but have wide feet, and tend to "shuffle" along instead of walking properly, and like the previous poster said, they grip the floor well, and I stumble a lot (I do this in almost any shoe though). If I were you, I would try the $30 beach style first...they run wide, and not too bad price wise...plus you can find lots of discounts here on the budget boards.

Lynn

The Crocs RX Clouds are not made like the beach style, even though it looks like it online. I bought some for my grandmother-in-law. However, she is kind of stuck in her ways and never even tried them on.

I tried them on, though, as I also wear a 9. They are a bit wider (i have wide feet, too) and deeper. The backing (around the back of your heel) is set deeper so that the back comes up higher towards your achilles... like a regular shoe almost.

I suggest buying them. They're only $10 more than the others, I believe, and then return them if they aren't right for you. I've only seen the RX at their website. So you'll have to return them to the website.

Good luck!

ogreenlee - I think I'll just try that!! Thank-you!! I'll just buy the Wedges for Dd of the tiny feet!!

The Crocs RX Clouds are not made like the beach style, even though it looks like it online. I bought some for my grandmother-in-law. However, she is kind of stuck in her ways and never even tried them on.

I tried them on, though, as I also wear a 9. They are a bit wider (i have wide feet, too) and deeper. The backing (around the back of your heel) is set deeper so that the back comes up higher towards your achilles... like a regular shoe almost.

I suggest buying them. They're only $10 more than the others, I believe, and then return them if they aren't right for you. I've only seen the RX at their website. So you'll have to return them to the website.

Good luck!

Yes, they are made for Diabetics, more expensive,but better made for what I can see... I also suggest buying them and giving them a try, I have considered buying them for my dad, but he is reluctant to wearing them.

After 4 yrs. of requests, for birthdays ,and christmas, I finally got my Mother's Day Money!!:woohoo: for shoes!!!![Shirts, Jeans, and new underoo's!!too!!]

They Heard Me, They really really heard me!!!!:woohoo: Crocs.com here I come!!!!!

WoW What a Day makes!!!! This what I ordered!!!! Thank-You All for everything!!

A New Croc!!
silver cloud
48.jpg

introducing our crocs rx diabetic shoe. specifically designed with the diabetic foot in mind. ideal for ultra-sensitive feet, impaired circulation, impaired sensation. design features: protective toe cap, elevated heel rim and super soft foot bed.

All the benefits of the cloud diabetic comfort shoe plus silver. impregnated with silver particles, the silver cloud creates an anti-bacterial and anti-fungal environment for the foot.

My Rx Silver Cloud Crocs Arrived today!!! They are RED!! They don't squeeze my feet at all!! No issues with the strap buttons at all!! And they are Wider than the payless knock off crocks and deeper.

They fit my enormously wide diabetic feet!!! I have only used them on carpet so far, but no tripping, I will have to wear them to the grocery store for a real test!

Now for shoe jewery!! 1st to the Dollar Store for JEWELS and then I want to order Tinkerbells!! :tink: :tink: :tink:

Welcome to the world of Croc lovers!!

I truly hope these do well for you. Keep us updated!!

I have Cloud Crocs, too; chocolate brown. Would have liked a different color, say Sand or Beige but these work since I didn't want bright blue, black or pink. I got them from a catalog called FOOT SMART & they also carry Crocs RX. My Clouds are very comfy & I'm wondering if they will work for a day in the parks when we're there first week of July. I will still bring my walking shoes just in case.

Then May 2007
"My Rx Silver Cloud Crocs Arrived today!!! They are Red!! They don't squeeze my feet at all!! No issues with the strap buttons at all!! And they are Wider than the payless knock off crocks and deeper.

They fit my enormously wide feet diabetic feet!!"
---------------------------------------------------------------
Now October 2016!!
Good News!! I am still wearing my Red Rx Silver Cloud Crocs!! 9 years Later!! They still fit my wide diabetic feet! The treads are still really good. I found a package of Croc Butter!! When my Crocs need to be cleaned I just get a cloth and hot soapy water and give them a good washing. Now the Crocs are clean but they look so dull. That when I give my Crocs a little SHINE with the Croc Butter and the Red Crocs look bran spanking NEW!! I love my Crocs!!

About 5 years ago, I look at Crocs.com to get a new pair of Rx Silver Cloud Crocs. I was very disappointed in what they offered. No, pretty colors. Only 1 type of Diabetic Crocs?? The Crocs were only in Black color. And none of special qualities of the Silver Cloud Crocs.

I just went to look at Crocs. com Rx means Nurses shoes. And even for those the quality has gone pot! From 2 year wear, down to 3 months, and is no longer any support. Super Sad???

Crocs are what I wear about 90% of the time. If you're looking for a really wide shoe, you can search their site for "roomy" fit. That's all I can fit into. Good luck with your search.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter