(UPD 8/29) Tales of the Tweedles & Other Spazzjazzerit PHM '15 Cupcake Adventures

I can't wait to hear about the race! Im hoping to do it next year, so it will be fun seeing some photos from it!

All caught up- from the pink cup fiasco to finally getting a drink! And I'm totally not surprised your drink was empty Karen- I always feel like I'm drinking too slow but now I see that it's not me it's YOU! :drinking1:rotfl::drinking1

My love for AKL has reached a whole new level since actually staying there and your pictures are making me terribly homesick for it! Thankfully we are returning this summer.

Love the pictures of the drink with mouse ears. AND I love that it is totally normal to do that and take pictures of it. Ah, Disney....

Sorry about the tummy ache. I hope there are no more issues with that....

Have a great time in Hawaii, Nicole!

Dear Readers, I am SO sorry for being absent from the TR (b/c I don't have an excuse like BEING IN HAWAII like some Tweedles do! :beach:) but it's spring break here and holiday for other people means tons of work for me. I thought I would have time to respond to everyone this week but it may have to wait until people start coming home, there's just no time in the morning when I normally do this. So...you can pretend I'm in Hawaii with my Tweedle and we'll get back to OUR kind of normal in a week or so!! Don't abandon us just yet!! Promise I will respond to everyone when I get a chance! :wave2:

I'm totally jumping off this sinking ship. Can't believe you let it slide. :rotfl2:

I am back but slammed at work. And then Little Char goes in for surgery Monday. So next week will be a blur as I try to manage hospitals, recoveries, follow ups, other kids, school, work....

Maybe some down time this weekend to sneak a report in here.. I dunno. Life is cray-cray!

Ok, ok, I've let this go too long without an update! Since my Tweedle isn't going to help me, I'll just have to do it myself! Sigh. :laughing:

Where were we? Oh yes, we were at Disneyworld! I totally forgot. We had just finished having drinks with The Cupcakes at AKL and quickly popped up to our room to drop off our Cupcake headbands and head to Kidani for our dinner ADR at Sanaa! :thumbsup2

Did I ever share any photos of animals from the balcony? I don't remember! ACK! This is what happens when you let things slide. I don't think I did.

GSC%20065.jpg

GSC%20064.jpg

There were not a lot of them to see, I noticed right away that there were more trees in this main area than where Rey & I had stayed last time, which made it a little harder to see the animals. I'm sure they appreciate it when the sun is beating down though!

GSC%20063.jpg

GSC%20062.jpg

We headed down to the lobby and took the little shuttle van, which pulled right up when we walked up and we were at Kidani in moments!

GSC%20086.jpg

GSC%20085.jpg

I really should have journaled! This is the first report I have done where I didn't have time to journal on the trip and I feel lost. I remember still having a stomach ache and I also remember rambling on and on to Nicole about Rey's family at some point and then realizing that I was monopolizing the conversation and giving way TMI b/c I was in a chatty mood. Might have been the booze, or not. Just sayin'. :bitelip: We checked in and had to wait a little bit but not long...or too long for TweedleDum who had to listen to my ramblings! :laughing:

GSC%20077a.jpg

GSC%20077.jpg

They took us in to our romantic table for two. ::yes:: I love this place, even if this visit wasn't as great as my first. I SWEAR the food wasn't that spicy the first time, and this time could have been because I already had a stomach ache, but I was in a world of hurt. Didn't stop me from ordering more booze though! First, a couple pics of the restaurant:

GSC%20079.jpg

GSC%20078.jpg

GSC%20080.jpg

I got better pictures on my last trip here as well. wompwomp.

We ordered the bread sampler b/c it's AWESOME. There were a few more spicy ones than I remember and we made the mistake of ordering 1 piece of spicy bread, but the rest was really yummy!
GSC%20081.jpg

and I'm so out of order here because we definitely had drinks before this came! I had a mango margarita and Nicole had some sort of chocolate martini thing. She'll have to tell you, but it was GOOD!
GSC%20082.jpg

It was sooooooooooo good, in fact, that she had to scrape the sides of the glass with a knife to get all the excess chocolate. Classy.

GSC%20083.jpg

After dinner Tweedledum had to use the restroom for the 1 millionth time so I watched the zebras...

GSC%20084.jpg

No, seriously. She carries a water bottle with her wherever she goes! It's like her blanky. Fills it up at any water fountain she can find and then has to pee a million times a day. She's a total pusher too. If you don't drink enough water, she berates you and guilts you into it! :rotfl:

Here is where I'm so sad to report that I have no more photos from the remainder of the night. Seriously! What could possibly happen to make me stop taking photos? Well, I believe my hands froze first. Then the rest of my body froze and my stomach ache continued.

Unfortunately, I can only remember bits and pieces because I think my brain froze as well. :cold: I remember we took the van back to Jambo to get GLOVES and a second layer. Is this Florida or what??? It was freezing. I remember freezing. A long ride to DTD where we had large plans to booze it up all night since this was our only night to drink. I remember freezing cold, wind, buying some pretzel bites and running from store to store to try to stay warm. No booze, no margarita stand. It's probably a good thing I didn't take any photos! ;)

I'm unsure of when we headed back to the resort, but when we got back Nicole noticed fireworks! We were baffled because in the direction we were pointed, the only fireworks would have been Wishes? I thought AKL was too far away but apparently not! I tried to snap a few shots, but it was freezing (as I've mentioned far too many times!)

GSC%20091.jpg

GSC%20089.jpg

GSC%20090.jpg

And there you have it! I know my Tweedle will fill in the gaps and if she can't remember, she'll make something up! :laughing: We headed to bed, we had 4 parks to hit the following day!! :woohoo:

Last edited:
Great update! I've always been intrigued by Sanaa but most people in my family wouldn't eat there. That's cool that you saw fireworks at AKL.

Great update! I've always been intrigued by Sanaa but most people in my family wouldn't eat there. That's cool that you saw fireworks at AKL.

The first time I ate there with my husband, I couldn't understand why people would shy away from it! It wasn't spicy at all and I really enjoyed everything I got. This time there was definitely more spice...or I just turned into a wuss! :laughing: It's really good food though and fun to try something different from the standard fare!

Great update!! I look forward to hearing more!! The food looked really good...sorry you weren't feeling great! That sucks on vacay to have that happen! I hope it went away quickly!

AKL looks so pretty! We've never been there for anything-drinks, a meal, to stay, nothing.....we may have to rectify that!

Your drinks with tweedlears! Too cute! (By the way, autocorrect tried to change that to tweed pears--cuz that makes so much more sense then tweedlears?)

Have so much fun in Hawaii, Nicole! You'll love it!

It's really amazing, even just to visit or have a meal. If you have picky eaters, Boma is a great choice. It's right in Jambo, so you get to see the amazing lobby or go out back and see the animals and it's a buffet so there's something for everyone, African ethnic food but also mac-n-cheese for picky kiddos!

Tweedle Pears sounds perfect. :laughing:

Glad you finally got some drinks! So cute with the drinks and ears!

Animal Kingdom Lodge looks so beautiful. Great photos!

I am going to have to look into that!

Nicole, have a great trip to Hawaii!!!

It's really a stunning resort...and my favorite!

I love the Tweedle ears on the drinks!

The AKL pictures are pretty cool too ... Even if they're not from this trip.

Our ears got us quite a bit of attention, many CM's asking where we got them or if I made them. I got so tired of trying to explain I got them on Etsy that I just starting saying YES when people asked if I made them! LiarTweedle! :eek:

Oooh I love AKL. I've never eaten at Sanna before...excited to see how that turns out. :)

Finally got some time to do an update! Food was great, but a bit spicy this trip. That may or may not have been because I had that stomach ache.

AKL is really stunning, it is on the top of my wishlist for resorts I want to stay at. I did eat breakfast at boma in January and that was great.

I love Boma too, I actually enjoyed it more than Sanaa this trip. I'm not sure I'll ever get my husband to stay anywhere but AKL, he loved it too and always talks about going back.

Oh AKL, looks so pretty! I so badly want to stay there someday! My silly DH just loves the poly so much, I can't tear him away!:rotfl:
Yummy looking drinks!

That's how my husband is about AKL! HAHA! I doubt I'll ever get to stay anywhere else b/c of him!

Agreeing AKL looks beautiful and I want to try Sanaa so I hope it doesn't disappoint! Literally showing your drink photos to hubby since I did something similar with my New Years tiara on an Amtrak ride and DH kept calling me a nerd lol.

embrace your nerd! Photo nerd, that's what I am! :thumbsup2

AKL is so pretty!

It really is Debra! :lovestruc

I can't wait to hear about the race! Im hoping to do it next year, so it will be fun seeing some photos from it!

You totally should do it! I'm going to miss it next year but I have too many other trips next year to fit it in. It's so amazing! We have TONS of race pics and stories to tell, so stick around!!

Loving this dual trip report, guys! It looks like you had a great start to the trip!

We had a blast! so much so that we're planning another for Wine & Dine in 2016! :lovestruc

All caught up- from the pink cup fiasco to finally getting a drink! And I'm totally not surprised your drink was empty Karen- I always feel like I'm drinking too slow but now I see that it's not me it's YOU! :drinking1:rotfl::drinking1

Did we ever have a doubt that it wasn't me?!?! I'm seriously the fastest drinker in the land, even WATER! Hear that Tweedle?!?!? :rolleyes:

My love for AKL has reached a whole new level since actually staying there and your pictures are making me terribly homesick for it! Thankfully we are returning this summer.

Love the pictures of the drink with mouse ears. AND I love that it is totally normal to do that and take pictures of it. Ah, Disney....

Sorry about the tummy ache. I hope there are no more issues with that....

Have a great time in Hawaii, Nicole!

That's so awesome you are returning this summer! You must do a TR so I can follow along wistfully!

Great update!! I look forward to hearing more!! The food looked really good...sorry you weren't feeling great! That sucks on vacay to have that happen! I hope it went away quickly!

I really usually have a VERY tough stomach. I rarely get sick or have stomach aches, so it was frustrating me more than anything and crampin' my style! I wanted to party! party:

Great update Tweedle.

For the record, I am a pusher on water before races because I dehydrate WAY easy and get sick! And if we recall, despite the 9 million bathroom breaks (which happens regardless of water pushing.. because I have the world's smallest bladder (and yes, side note in a side note, you are all welcome for that TMI!)) I was the one NOT SICK. Because I was diluting my drinking with water in between! So there! :mic::drinking:

Now Saana. I actually enjoyed Tweedle ramblings to me. I also learned how to properly pronounce her last name.

I was excited & nervous to try Saana. I generally do not care for Indian food- the spices are unappealing to me (even the non-spicy ones) but I had heard rave reviews on it & I wanted to try it. I knew I would NEVER get any of my Kill-Joy family there- so this was my chance.

I found that I loved the bread (minus the one very spicy one) and most of the dippings. (we got all of them!) The samosa's I got were WAY spicy and I think I did eat at least one..and handled it ok. But I couldn't eat the last one. And I got the tomato soup which was excellent. My only regret is that I didn't go with the butter chicken. It had been down between that & the samosa's and I think I made the wrong choice. Oh well! The bread & soup were good!

Our waiter was another story. I think the fact that I was scrapping chocolate off my drink cup while wearing Tweedle Ears altered his opinion of our table. He decided we were not worthy of any service & so promptly abandoned us. I guess he forgets that even chocolate scraping Tweedles can tip well.

And the last silly from that dinner that I remember is that bird staring in at that table. It made me laugh. Like he wanted some of their food!

Downtown Disney recollections from the Dum Brain. I remember being worried about Karen- I could tell she was not feeling well. And I could tell she felt bad about not feeling well. I think she started to feel a little better after a pretzel break. Despite the cold weather.

We got ornaments. I got some pins for my mother. And we found a new store with some really cute items never seen before where she got a pillow & I picked up a Pirates cup & Haunted Mansion coaster.

And that's all I got on my rememberings!

Seriously- I have never met a faster drinker. I am ALWAYS the first one done with everything... eating/drinking.. and I was just blown away by Karen's abilities.....

Oh no! Hope it is speedy recovery for Charlie!

Thanks. It's something we have known is coming & we just have to get through. Next week is not going to fun.. and I expect we will regress a whole bunch with some stuff... poor little thing.

No one in my family would EVER eat there- in fact- we stayed at Kidani in 2013 and I couldn't get them to even walk downstairs!!! So I am glad I got to try it this trip!

She just needed more water! :) I kept yellin' at her about it though, so by Friday- she was golden.

I was the one NOT SICK. Because I was diluting my drinking with water in between! So there! :mic::drinking:

but if you dilute the booze, then you don't get all the fun that goes with not diluting them! :rolleyes: I was sooooo very bummed, I mean, we talked about this boozy night for months and I guess I am more of a lush in my head than real life! Wine & Dine 2016 we are having a redo! :drinking1

Now Saana. I actually enjoyed Tweedle ramblings to me. I also learned how to properly pronounce her last name.

I'm glad you learned how, I still haven't figured it out 24 years later! :scratchin

My only regret is that I didn't go with the butter chicken.

Yep, I should have Tweedlepressured you. Rey STILL carries on about the Butter Chicken, he said it was very good!

I remember being worried about Karen- I could tell she was not feeling well. And I could tell she felt bad about not feeling well. I think she started to feel a little better after a pretzel break.

When in doubt, always FEED the TweedleDee. Food makes everything better. :rolleyes:

We got ornaments. I got some pins for my mother. And we found a new store with some really cute items never seen before where she got a pillow & I picked up a Pirates cup & Haunted Mansion coaster.

See! I had totally forgotten most of the stuff we purchased, I'm glad someone can remember these things for me! I LOVE my pillow, it's on my couch and a nice Disney touch without being over the top Disney. I'll have to post a pic of it.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter