UP & above... Canada & Bonsai Terrace Escape Wedding - 5/5/2016 - UPDATE: Trip plans

Love your jewels! :-) I love that your fascinator and your purse are made from pieces of your dress!

I can't wait to see! One week is so exciting!

What is planned for our stay?

Sunday: Travel day! When stars align and the German ground personnel breaks its strike and we can fly!

Monday: First stop: get the marriage license

Second stop: MK (orginally we were spending the week with Jenny and Peter, but that’s not happening, so it’s just us) with lunch at BOG and dinner at CRT (yes, I scored both on one day – they’re missing out BIG time)

Thuesday: AK until lunch at Sanaa at AKL and then we’re spending the evening at DHS with Dinner at 50’s Prime Time at hopefully we’re able to watch Fantasmic for the first time (we missed it on our last visit).

Wednesday: May the Fourth! Day begins at DHS with Star Tours (what else?), we have to leave at noon fort he gown and tuxedo steaming and Jenny will arrive. Jenny and I are going to spend the afternoon at Senses at the GF were I get a mani/pedi and she a massage, while DF gets a professional shave and hair-cut at Art of Shaving at DisneySprings.

Thursday: Revenge of the Fifth – I mean wedding day!

Friday: I have one day to show Jenny everything Disney. If it turns out as planned we can catch DHS, EPCOT and MK (thank God, we’re staying at the Beach Club)

Saturday: moving to the Boardwalk Inn, but before that we attend Minnie’s Beach Bash Breakfast at Cape May Café; I’ve scheduled a second gown steaming just to be sure, but I don’t think it will be necessary. We’re planning on spending the evening at DisneySprings

Sunday: MK shoot day! – We also scheduled our Enhanced Portait Session for the day right after the MK shoot on the Boardwalk. We’re going to disneybound as Mickey and Minnie!

Then (all dressed up) we’re having brunch at California Grill and maybe going back to DisneySprings again.

Monday: DHS shoot day, followed by a late breakfast at Trattoria al Forno; we spend the rest of the day at DHS and attend the dessert party for Symphony in the Stars!

Thuesday: Gardens of the World Tour, followed by a lunch with two of our favorite people at ViaNapoli; dinner will be at the Spice Road Table in time for IllumiNations.

Wednesday: If we can make it, we’d like to do the Ballyhoo Guided Tour on the Boardwalk and then full blown Flower and Garden Festival!

Dinner will be at one of our favorites – ‚Ohana in time for Wishes.

Thursday: Weekaversary!!! Celebrations starts with my wedding gift – the Wild Africa Trek and ends with a dinner at Le Cellier, so that we can get back to Canada and then watch IllumiNations – hopefully from Japan!

Friday: breakfast at – you may guessed it already – ‚Ohana again and then of to MK. Dinner will be at Tony’s Town Square.

Saturday: another favorite: breakfast at Boma (French Toast Bread Pudding!!!) and then a day at AK. Dinner at Beaches and Cream (adult milkshake anyone?)

Sunday: last day, but we stuff ourselves with some Tonga Toast at Kona Café and a few hours at MK, before we leave fort he airport for our red-eye back home!

Monday: arriving in the evening at home and cuddle our kitties until they can escape!

And I have a little surprise: the German DisneyStore messed up big time with my Christmas order of TsumTsum, so I have a double! If you see us in the park, please say hi! and I may have a surprise for you! I hope to meet as many of you as possible!

Love all your head pieces!! That is so awesome you were able to re-purpose extra dress.

Your wedding is so close!! I'm crossing my fingers for you that the strike breaks before your flight and everything goes smoothly. I hope you're showered with pixie dust during your stay and have a wonderful wedding day. I cannot wait to see your pictures and hear all about it :)

Ahhh I love all your plans so much! You really hit the jackpot on all of those amazing dining reservations! I love the idea of the Mickey and Minnie Disneybound for your portrait session! And am DYING to do the Wild Africa Trek so I can't wait to hear all about it...and your wedding, of course! I will be following along on here, FB, Instagram...I'll just stalk you all together. Haha.

I have a busy week and weekend ahead of me, but I do plan to make it to Hollywood Studios for a few hours on Saturday later in the afternoon. Looks like you have Disney Springs planned for then, but if you get bored and since you're staying close by, maybe we can do a quick little meet up.

Hope you have the BEST WEDDING DAY EVER!

Welcome to the States!!! Happy wedding month! Happy wedding WEEK!! Enjoy the next two weeks of wedding/honeymoon bliss and I can't wait to hear all about it when you get back!

Happy wedding day!!! I hope it is an absolutely amazing day and I cannot wait to see pictures and hear all about it :)

Thought I would say hi, again. I'm the random person that said hi in front of Be Our Guest last Sunday. You two looked adorable as minnie and mickey. Hope you're having a great trip!

Hello! Popping in to bother you with a question about your bouquets... How many park maps did you use for a bridesmaid bouquet? Thanks!

Hello! Popping in to bother you with a question about your bouquets... How many park maps did you use for a bridesmaid bouquet? Thanks!
I actually don't know, but I one map is enough for 4 petals - for my design you need 5 for one flower, so one map won't even be enough for one flower! Hope this helps!

First, let me all say thank you so much for all your well wishes!!! It was an absolutely magical time and after our at-home-reception this past Sunday I can guarantee that it was stress free as well!!!
But because I let you wait so long onto the last few days of our October trip!

Seventh day of our trip - 10/15/2015

Again despite warnings on the internet we started our MNSSHP day bright an early with an before-park-opening breakfast at Tusker House!

We made it just in time, because they only had one row at check-in at AK and Tusker House is quite a walk from the entrance. We had to wait a few minutes and then a photo pass photographer took our picture in front of the restaurant. We where then seated in the small corridor between two bigger halls which made for a long walk to the buffet and left no place to interact with the characters. Furthermore it took the waiter forever to get the Chef to show me around and he was very short with me. The food was ok, but not our taste which I thought to be interesting as I had heard it would be the same as Boma which we loved so much. The characters were fun, but as I said, we didn’t have much space and the family that was seated next to us tried to hush them away from us, although they were the next in row which I thought to be very rude (yes, adults like them as well).
IMG_4885.JPG

After we were through with every character we left as quickly as possible because it got louder by the minute, but our waiter was no where to be seen. Finally we got the cheque and rushed over to Kilimanjaro Safaris.

This time we manage to see the lions and there were generally more animals than before and my mood started to lighten again.
We changed to our ponchos and flip-flops and went on Kali River Rapids which I loved. AK has the best rides in my opinion. After that we did the Maharajah trek as we wouldn’t have time at AK anymore at our trip and I didn’t want to go without seeing the tigers - they didn’t disappoint!

After that we went to Dinoland U.S.A. to catch our FP for Dinosaur. I so wished we hadn’t done that. What is it with Dinoland? It doesn’t fit at all into the theme of AK and I almost couldn’t believe this was an Disney Imagineers work. It looks like one of those country fairs. Oh, and Dinosaur? I LOATHED it - it made for a very funny ride photo, but that really was the only upside. My eyes didn’t adjust at all to the lighting and all the flashes and together with all the rumbling I almost threw up - never again! After I said down a bit, we went over to the Finding Nemo Musical for which we got seats right at the stage thanks to our FPs. I think it is my favorite show on property and perfect to cool off.
AK_DINOSAURRIDE_7488624025.jpg
(this is how a person looks like when they're not enjoying themselves at all, next to someone who is totally immersed in the experience)

After the show we went back to the hotel to get changed, but before that we had my favorite character interaction of the whole trip: Dug and Russel! They spent so much time with us and Russel even proposed to me. DF quickly got on one knee as well and proposed to Dug.

After a little nap and a shower we switched into our customers: Carl and Ellie - I think we did pretty good. I got a lot of compliments for our ‚Adventure book bag‘ and some people even ask me how much they would have to pay to get one.
MK_MSCINEMA_7488954470.jpg

We went to MK to grab en early dinner at the Plaza restaurant. We waited about 30 minutes to be seated and when I mentioned my allergies the server seemed more than annoyed (although I put them on the reservation). She finally came back with a junior chef who didn’t made the impression to know how to deal with allergies at all as he kept asking me, if I thought that it would be ok or if I knew if there weren’t any carrots in it which made me a little bit uncomfortable. I had the Grilled Chicken Sandwich and DF had the Plaza Club. There were good, but nothing special. Initially I wanted to try a sundae, but we were running out of time as I wanted to get to Jack & Sally as quickly as possible.
IMG_0227.JPG
IMG_0229.JPG
(food NOT from Beaches and Cream)

After we grabbed our bands and bags for the party at Tomorrowland (finally, Tomorrowland!) we went over to Storybook Circus where they had already let out Jack and Sally! And that about 2 hours before the official party started! We had to wait quite a while, but it was in the shadow and we were prepared for that, so it was no big deal. It was also much fun to see the other guests in their costumes.

After we get to Jack and Sally it was still not official party start time, so I made a pit stop at Gaston’s while DF went to look how long the line for the 7 Dwarfs was. He grabbed as a spot and we managed to get pics with them as well (if you have to choose, do Jacky and Sally - the dwarfs didn’t interact at all with the guests they just stayed in their position). After that we did our normal fun pics on the carousel (a tradition we began at DLP) and went to Liberty Square to see the first parade. I was torn between doing stuff and waiting for the shows the whole party as DF relied on me and I didn’t want him to feel as he missed out - that is something I have to work on for sure.

I decided to line for Small World was too long (as well as the ride itself) and we grabbed a spot right across the Liberty Bell for the parade, so we could see the floats making there way around the corner. While DF hold the spot I went to Sleepy Hollow Refreshments to grab a Poison Apple mug with an apple pie sundae (delicious sweetness!) and a Pumpin Spice sundae for DF (they still have it, but you have to order the ‚seasonal waffle sundae‘).
IMG_5092.JPG
seasonal waffle sundae
IMG_5094.JPG
Apple Pie Sundae

After we enjoyed our now favorite parade, we went to get a pic with the Witch from Snow White as I had already tasted her apple. We then went over to the hub just in time to watch the Castle show with the Sanderson Sisters which DF liked best of the evening. After that we rode Haunted Mansion (what else?). and then went quickly down Main Street to grab a pic with balloons as we were told that the CMs would give us them because of our pictures, but the wind was too strong. We then went to see ‚creepy‘ Mickey as I call him, because I just can’t deal with a speaking Mickey… („Alright, pal!“).

After that we had luck and grabbed an acceptable spot for HalloWishes and the second parade, before: we went to Tomorrowland for some trick-or-treating!

We met Buzz and Lotso (so cozy). After our bags were filled a bit and caused an addiction with Butterfingers on my side, I got adventurous and we got on the last ride of Space Mountain. Initially I didn’t want to ride it because I’m a rollercoaster coward and didn’t like the thought of sitting all by myself. Well, i got in the front row! And I love Space Mountain at WDW! DLP’s version isn’t anywhere near it (although I heard is was refurbished in the meantime, so maybe it’s better now). All the stars around the vehicle - really cool! (as we went on our honeymoon, we realized that it isn't worth it when your eyes haven't adjusted to the darkness - only ride it at night!)

After that we took our time to get out of the park and back to our room where our ‚boys‘ were still waiting, although it was 1 a.m. already!

Yay you're back! I've missed your posts so much! So glad to hear that your at-home reception was amazing :) I'm SO IN LOVE with your Carl and Ellie costumes. So adorable and spot-on. I now must also try that seasonal sundae at the Halloween Party, because it looks freakin delicious. I really hope they bring back to poison apple souvenir glasses too, since I missed out on getting one last year. Can't wait for more updates...especially wedding ones!

Yay! I can't wait to hear more! Your costumes are amazing, and such an awesome couples costume idea!

Thanks for the flower info too!

Seventh day of our trip - 10/15/2015

Again despite warnings on the internet we started our MNSSHP day bright an early with an before-park-opening breakfast at Tusker House!

We made it just in time, because they only had one row at check-in at AK and Tusker House is quite a walk from the entrance. We had to wait a few minutes and then a photo pass photographer took our picture in front of the restaurant. We where then seated in the small corridor between two bigger halls which made for a long walk to the buffet and left no place to interact with the characters. Furthermore it took the waiter forever to get the Chef to show me around and he was very short with me. The food was ok, but not our taste which I thought to be interesting as I had heard it would be the same as Boma which we loved so much. The characters were fun, but as I said, we didn’t have much space and the family that was seated next to us tried to hush them away from us, although they were the next in row which I thought to be very rude (yes, adults like them as well).
View attachment 186940

After we were through with every character we left as quickly as possible because it got louder by the minute, but our waiter was no where to be seen. Finally we got the cheque and rushed over to Kilimanjaro Safaris.

This time we manage to see the lions and there were generally more animals than before and my mood started to lighten again.
We changed to our ponchos and flip-flops and went on Kali River Rapids which I loved. AK has the best rides in my opinion. After that we did the Maharajah trek as we wouldn’t have time at AK anymore at our trip and I didn’t want to go without seeing the tigers - they didn’t disappoint!

After that we went to Dinoland U.S.A. to catch our FP for Dinosaur. I so wished we hadn’t done that. What is it with Dinoland? It doesn’t fit at all into the theme of AK and I almost couldn’t believe this was an Disney Imagineers work. It looks like one of those country fairs. Oh, and Dinosaur? I LOATHED it - it made for a very funny ride photo, but that really was the only upside. My eyes didn’t adjust at all to the lighting and all the flashes and together with all the rumbling I almost threw up - never again! After I said down a bit, we went over to the Finding Nemo Musical for which we got seats right at the stage thanks to our FPs. I think it is my favorite show on property and perfect to cool off.
View attachment 186941
(this is how a person looks like when they're not enjoying themselves at all, next to someone who is totally immersed in the experience)

After the show we went back to the hotel to get changed, but before that we had my favorite character interaction of the whole trip: Dug and Russel! They spent so much time with us and Russel even proposed to me. DF quickly got on one knee as well and proposed to Dug.

After a little nap and a shower we switched into our customers: Carl and Ellie - I think we did pretty good. I got a lot of compliments for our ‚Adventure book bag‘ and some people even ask me how much they would have to pay to get one.
View attachment 186952

We went to MK to grab en early dinner at the Plaza restaurant. We waited about 30 minutes to be seated and when I mentioned my allergies the server seemed more than annoyed (although I put them on the reservation). She finally came back with a junior chef who didn’t made the impression to know how to deal with allergies at all as he kept asking me, if I thought that it would be ok or if I knew if there weren’t any carrots in it which made me a little bit uncomfortable. I had the Grilled Chicken Sandwich and DF had the Plaza Club. There were good, but nothing special. Initially I wanted to try a sundae, but we were running out of time as I wanted to get to Jack & Sally as quickly as possible.
View attachment 186944
View attachment 186945
(food NOT from Beaches and Cream)

After we grabbed our bands and bags for the party at Tomorrowland (finally, Tomorrowland!) we went over to Storybook Circus where they had already let out Jack and Sally! And that about 2 hours before the official party started! We had to wait quite a while, but it was in the shadow and we were prepared for that, so it was no big deal. It was also much fun to see the other guests in their costumes.

After we get to Jack and Sally it was still not official party start time, so I made a pit stop at Gaston’s while DF went to look how long the line for the 7 Dwarfs was. He grabbed as a spot and we managed to get pics with them as well (if you have to choose, do Jacky and Sally - the dwarfs didn’t interact at all with the guests they just stayed in their position). After that we did our normal fun pics on the carousel (a tradition we began at DLP) and went to Liberty Square to see the first parade. I was torn between doing stuff and waiting for the shows the whole party as DF relied on me and I didn’t want him to feel as he missed out - that is something I have to work on for sure.

I decided to line for Small World was too long (as well as the ride itself) and we grabbed a spot right across the Liberty Bell for the parade, so we could see the floats making there way around the corner. While DF hold the spot I went to Sleepy Hollow Refreshments to grab a Poison Apple mug with an apple pie sundae (delicious sweetness!) and a Pumpin Spice sundae for DF (they still have it, but you have to order the ‚seasonal waffle sundae‘).
View attachment 186942
seasonal waffle sundae
View attachment 186943
Apple Pie Sundae

After we enjoyed our now favorite parade, we went to get a pic with the Witch from Snow White as I had already tasted her apple. We then went over to the hub just in time to watch the Castle show with the Sanderson Sisters which DF liked best of the evening. After that we rode Haunted Mansion (what else?). and then went quickly down Main Street to grab a pic with balloons as we were told that the CMs would give us them because of our pictures, but the wind was too strong. We then went to see ‚creepy‘ Mickey as I call him, because I just can’t deal with a speaking Mickey… („Alright, pal!“).

After that we had luck and grabbed an acceptable spot for HalloWishes and the second parade, before: we went to Tomorrowland for some trick-or-treating!

We met Buzz and Lotso (so cozy). After our bags were filled a bit and caused an addiction with Butterfingers on my side, I got adventurous and we got on the last ride of Space Mountain. Initially I didn’t want to ride it because I’m a rollercoaster coward and didn’t like the thought of sitting all by myself. Well, i got in the front row! And I love Space Mountain at WDW! DLP’s version isn’t anywhere near it (although I heard is was refurbished in the meantime, so maybe it’s better now). All the stars around the vehicle - really cool! (as we went on our honeymoon, we realized that it isn't worth it when your eyes haven't adjusted to the darkness - only ride it at night!)

After that we took our time to get out of the park and back to our room where our ‚boys‘ were still waiting, although it was 1 a.m. already!

Yay! I'm so happy you decided to continue sharing this trip with us :)

Tusker House is one of our favorites at Animal Kingdom because the food was so good. We also thought it was a lot like Boma. I'm sorry you had such a lackluster experience there :(

Your Carl and Ellie costumes are amazing! And that bag! We're doing MNSSHP when we head down this fall, and now I'm super excited for it. I definitely need to do much more research on what to expect and what there is to do at MNSSHP that is different from the Halloween party here at DL. I love that they have the shows for the party though. What were your favorites out of what you experienced?

Yay! I'm so happy you decided to continue sharing this trip with us :)

Tusker House is one of our favorites at Animal Kingdom because the food was so good. We also thought it was a lot like Boma. I'm sorry you had such a lackluster experience there :(

Your Carl and Ellie costumes are amazing! And that bag! We're doing MNSSHP when we head down this fall, and now I'm super excited for it. I definitely need to do much more research on what to expect and what there is to do at MNSSHP that is different from the Halloween party here at DL. I love that they have the shows for the party though. What were your favorites out of what you experienced?

Thank you!

For MNSSHP the Boo to you Parade is awesome!!!! We also liked HalloWishes a lot. The candy is pretty basic American candy which I loved, but definitely time consuming. We focused on the characters. It's definitely important to know that you should get in line for Sally and Jack at 5 p.m., because they will start seeing people shortly after, but get your wristbands first, CMs will check them. And then had right over to the Seven Dwarfs - we went through with both right after the party had started (and got to meet this amazing family whose little girl in a Cinderella costume kept stealing her brother's Darth Vader mask - we called Darth Cinderella and she loved it). Moreover Liberty Square, right across the Liberty Bell is an amazing spot for the first Boo to You parade - you can get in line for the Witch from Snow White right after (and get all the treats for the parade at Sleepy Hollow's).

Eighth day of our trip - 10/16/2015

We started the day at Hollywood Studios were we made a short cut to ToT, so that DF could ride it and I could enjoy the queue. When I went for the chicken exit in the boiler room, I discovered that the chicken exit is actually the Express elevator. A CM accompanied me to it, pressed the button - and then left me! SO I had quite the experience. After DF came out, we stopped at the Trolley Car Café to get the You Are Here Mug and a Refresha for me, but before this happened:
STUDIO_ROCKNRCOASTERRIDE_7489453059.jpeg
I just can't do that thing with the awesome ride photos, I'm sorry (although I'm the one that like Rockin'Rollercoaster after someone else almost passed out at DLP)

We then went on the Great Movie Ride and Star Tours, before we took the boat over to the Beach Club to Beaches and Cream. It was our favorite dining experience for sure. The server was so accommodating and talkative. We found the burgers to be the best on property and I even enjoyed the homemade pickles which I normally don’t like at all.
IMG_5461.jpg
THE deliciousness!!!!
IMG_5462.jpg
THE deliciousness 2.0!
We split the No Way Jose for dessert which our server brought out with an alarm and a celebratory balloon which we later gave to a toddler as balloons aren’t allowed at AKL and he really wanted to have it.
IMG_1031.JPG
(yes, I discovered I'm lactose-intolerant and still had one on our honeymoon - that's how good they are!)

The family next to us actually brought food for their children with them to Beaches and Cream - a piece of food court pizza. Do really children exist that don’t enjoy burgers?

After that we explored our wedding resort a bit and went over to the Boardwalk where a wedding to place at Sea Breeze Point. It’s really a beautiful spot, but it’s so to similar to my hometown to be a unique spot for our wedding. And also it's really public which didn't appeal to us.

From there we took a boat back to HS to catch Muppets Vision 3D which we both enjoyed and also to use our Toy Story FP from before.

We then went back to AKL and I changed into my Ariel Disneybound for the evening. We had our second date night at Tokyo Dining that evening! Before that DF surprised me again and bought me a Kimono! I wanted one forever, so he really treats me too well.

At Tokyo Dining we got a table to watch IllumiNations. It’s definitely not the best spot to catch the show, but we really enjoyed our Maki, Sashimi and Miso - as well with the custom order DF made. The only downside was again dessert: Df liked his ginger cake well enough, but I didn’t like my Green Tea cake at all. We took our time and made our way slowly back to the main entrance to catch the bus back to our resort.
IMG_1115.JPG
IMG_1116.JPG
IMG_1117.JPG
the sushi is amazing!
IMG_1121.JPG
the amazing ginger cake!
IMG_1122.JPG
didn't taste like I expected!

It was a good relaxing day!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!