Unofficial Guide or Unofficial Guide for Kids?

ckocot

Earning My Ears
Visiting Disneyworld in March with 4 adults and 1 almost five year old. Trying to decide which guide to buy.
The Unofficial Guide or the Unofficial Guide for Kids. Not our first time going but it's been a long time since we have been with a Little one.

I am interested in opinions between the two book versions. I am very familiar with the Unofficial Guide but not with the one with kids. We will be traveling with another family, the husband and wife went to Disney World 20 years ago and they will be bringing 2 five year old boys so I was thinking about purchasing one of the two books for them but I'm undecided which.

Does your public library have them either for this year or last year. You could at least peruse this way and make an informed decision for your needs.

I'm a big Unofficial Guide fan (have multiple years of the books). Last round I got the big guide (it was maybe 5-6 years old). I just got the Kids version as a christmas present and finished reading it so I can tell you!

The Kids version seems like a skimmed-down version of the main guide. It feels like they took the main guide and edited out some bits that wouldn't apply (don't expect whole paragraphs about each restaurant) and added new bits on things they know will (some neat tips I'll use with my kids). The touring plans included are either kid centered or whole family centered.

I liked it, but next purchase round I'll probably just go back to ordering the big guide again. I feel like it included most of the kid stuff anyway, and it was much bigger and had much more content.

If your friends might be a bit intimidated or just overwhelmed by the big book, the kid one would be smaller and easier to digest.

The kid version is just a collection of all the kid-related content, in its own book. If you not sure about either one, check them both out of the library and have a look. I wasn't sure I wanted to actually own either one, so when it came time for our trip, I just checked the kid one out, and brought it with us. Returned it when we got back.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter