Universal Hollywood: Morning Plan of Attack?

Elias1901

Suitcase and a Dream
Hello,

I haven't been to Universal Hollywood in a number of years (Transformers was brand new last I went) and I am wondering what the best plan of attack is for attending opening on any given morning at the park. Is the Studio Tram Tour still the first thing you should run to now that the Wizarding World of Harry Potter - Hogsmeade is there? Or is Forbidden Journey the recommended first hit of the day (or can that wait until after the tram tour)? Does Transformers still get busy? I guess I just need some general advise how to manage the park flow there (and what to head to and approximately when) as I am not super familiar with how guests behave at that park. We will be there for two days in mid-October of 2017.

I am also wondering about how you can qualify for early entry and what that entails?? Thanks for any assistance in advance!

Buy your tickets online and you get early entry.

There are a couple topics here about plans.

Short version is that early entry is only Harry Potter land right now. That may change by your trip though. If it stays same, and you do early entry, obviously you have to do hp land. Lines shouldn't be bad in morning.

Once rest of park opens, you can either do tram tour, or bottom lot, or reverse those. Then at your leisure, do rest of upper lot, go to shows during busiest parts of day. All shows are in upper lot.

It takes 10 to 15 minutes to get from upper to lower lots, so minimize that by doing entire lower lot in one trip.

Transformers doesn't get too busy if you follow above plan.

Except during busiest parts of year, the park is easily doable in one day, if you do early entry.

Buy your tickets online and you get early entry.

There are a couple topics here about plans.

Short version is that early entry is only Harry Potter land right now. That may change by your trip though. If it stays same, and you do early entry, obviously you have to do hp land. Lines shouldn't be bad in morning.

Once rest of park opens, you can either do tram tour, or bottom lot, or reverse those. Then at your leisure, do rest of upper lot, go to shows during busiest parts of day. All shows are in upper lot.

It takes 10 to 15 minutes to get from upper to lower lots, so minimize that by doing entire lower lot in one trip.

Transformers doesn't get too busy if you follow above plan.

Except during busiest parts of year, the park is easily doable in one day, if you do early entry.

Thanks for all the helpful pointers! Do you know if you have a 2-Day ticket if you're allowed to do early entry on both mornings or just one of them?

I've never done a two day ticket, sorry, but I would think that as long as you buy it online it should be ok.

I've never done a two day ticket, sorry, but I would think that as long as you buy it online it should be ok.

Thanks again! I also submitted the same question about the early entry on a 2-Day ticket to Universal, just for safety.

Mid October is quite slow so you'll have no crowd issues. Yes, you get early entry with an on line purchase of the 2-day ticket.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter