Universal Hall of Fame - TRANSFORMERS: The Ride - 3D

Does TRANSFORMERS: The Ride - 3D deserve to be in the Universal Hall of Fame?

• Yes

Votes: 5 17.2%
  • No

Votes: 24 82.8%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Teleclashter

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Help us decide which attractions deserve to make it into the DIS Universal Hall of Fame. All you have to do is choose yes or no, but feel free to comment if you'd like to share more!

Although it's one of my favourite rides not just at Universal but including Disney the mechanics aren't ground breaking as such because it is based on the designs of Thierry Coup, the designer of the Spiderman attraction and Forbidden Journey.

I enjoy Terminator the ride but like you mentioned on the podcast. Technology wise, it's a near copy of Spiderman (yes I know the track is different). To me, in a lot of ways it's a highly themed HRRR. A ride to plop down into the park so you have something new. From an overall park themeing standpoint, they plopped a huge industrial "military base" into old Hollywood/New York. A much better location themeing wise might have been between MIB and Springfield in that currently backstage area of the park. T

I think you guys summed it up very well in the podcast - it's great for now.
It's not a ground-breaker technology-wise and it's not based on an franchise that will have timeless, long-lasting appeal.
It's a great, great attraction but it's no Hall Of Famer.

I think you guys summed it up very well in the podcast - it's great for now.
It's not a ground-breaker technology-wise and it's not based on an franchise that will have timeless, long-lasting appeal.
It's a great, great attraction but it's no Hall Of Famer.

I absolutely agree. I missed the Transformers craze when I was a kid, and I think the movies are mediocre. In order to achieve Hall of Fame status I think a ride needs to be based on a property that has become part of our common culture.

Spiderman clearly deserves Hall of Fame status; Transformers does not.

The biggest no I can give...it's another big screen ride with a transformers overlay nothing unique or spectacular about it.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter