• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

A Pink Pixie Princess - Complete!

@Ariel484 Ok, not even attempting the quoting thing!! Lol!
It took a while for rD to charge me for the deferral, maybe even after the event?? Not positive, but I think I got a notification from them when they did.
Wow, after the event. Okay, that's good to know. I guess I still have a couple of weeks yet!
I am still laughing at your exchange with Mr A about the shirt!!! Men! Their taste is all in their mouth ;)
HAHAHA, so true! He has to suffer three-fold, since I got the pixels pullover, tech shirt AND tech tube! :teeth:
Man, I totally get the train wreck scenario of wanting to keep up with the thread of a race you aren't doing. My big blow up was Princess last year, when the Worst Thing So Far happened and I couldn't go. Yeah, I drunkenly posted about it (and soberly edited the post later because I really don't like my life on the interwebs) but God help me if I didn't torture myself reading everyone's comments afterwards. On the one hand, you get a fellowship with the people in the thread and you wonder how their worries and training plans panned out in the end. And on the other hand there is glorious torture in indulging yourself in what you don't get.
I have actually been decently good about avoiding Princess Half info. I was in a Princess Half-dedicated group on Facebook, so I just left that (not a ton of activity there, so whatever). Lately I have been using the "Mark Forums Read" feature at the top of the menu bar - so I just read the threads I want to read and then mark the ones I don't as read. That has been REALLY helpful in avoiding any Princess information.

I did wander back in yesterday/today to see what people thought of the merch. :)

Probably a good idea to edit that post of yours!! That is TOTALLY something I would do!!
I'm glad BB-8 could get your unicorn. Once might even say the Force was with you ...
The Force was totally with me. I have seen a lot of BB8s get traded for unicorns...BB8 has done a lot of good in the INKnBURN world. ::yes::
And yay for Wine and Dine. In theory, it is the runDisney race I love the most-best course, night race so no 2 am wake up, great after party. In actuality I ran it in the Whine and Drown of 2014 and deferred in 2015 (which seeing how that turned out isn't that bad) but God help me I feel like that race is cursed. My precious Avengers race is the weekend after so it always feels like a sacrifice for my family to have the back to back races. I soooooo want a GOOD Wine and Dine to know that it's all worth it! But yay for getting the approval to get that as your goal.
I am right there with you - except for the marathon, I think it's the best course at WDW. I mean - 3 parks, first of all. And I just LOVED the atmosphere when I ran it in 2013 (obviously it wasn't the same in 2014 since it was monsooning). And it's at the same time as Food & Wine, but yeah, I'm starting to think it's cursed too. I just love that race so much, I wish it would love me back!!
I'm really hoping you all have a good Wine & Dine in 2016 as well. Selfishly because I want to show pictures and recaps to my husband to try to talk him into it for 2017. I already knows he likes the Food & Wine Fest...it's the convincing him to go run the half with me that would be the harder part.
Ah, I know what you mean!! I got Mr. A to do the Jingle Jingle 5K with me in 2013, but there's no way he ever wants to do a half. I'm trying to gently imply that it would be fun to do the Princess 10K together, but I'm not sure how far I'll get with that. :scratchin

How fun would that be for your and your husband though...could be a great little adults-only getaway weekend. A little running, a little food & wine festival...;)
Fist bump on the fartleks. Getting to 6:40 pace:worship:
Haha! Thanks...yeah, what is with that?! That must be some some of instantaneous pace it captured, because I assure you that I did not hold that pace for more than a second or so!! :rotfl2:
And I maybe was looking at the Ink n Burn website for their green plaid designs for my Shamrock race coming up...maybe.
AHHH isn't that skirt so cute?! I am a wee Irish lass so I ordered that thing in a hot second. I am OBSESSED with the fabric on the waistband, that area that has the sort of Celtic knot-look. If they made that in a tech shirt or a pullover I would FREAK.

24873042041_b83a9502a9_z.jpg

Shamrock race sounds fun!! And is it downtown so that you can see the green river??

It's downtown and has same finish line as the marathon but is only 5 miles. The medal is a beer opener, bc of course it is. From pics I've seen everyone wears green. I have an orange sparkle skirt which is technically on the Irish flag, but my fingers are itching to get that inb you pictured. Do you feel they run true? I'm at 12/14...more on the 12 side. I have a big bootie with a smaller waist. Thoughts on sizing?

It's downtown and has same finish line as the marathon but is only 5 miles. The medal is a beer opener, bc of course it is. From pics I've seen everyone wears green. I have an orange sparkle skirt which is technically on the Irish flag, but my fingers are itching to get that inb you pictured. Do you feel they run true? I'm at 12/14...more on the 12 side. I have a big bootie with a smaller waist. Thoughts on sizing?
Check out the sizing chart on the website...but I wear the same skirt size as I do in pants (not INKnBURN pants, regular pants...I size down 1 for INKnBURN pants), so it sounds like 12 for you?

Just an FYI, INKnBURN closed the pre-order period for those skirts on Monday but some stores will get them (Ultra Running Company in Charlotte and The Running Center in California). I'm sure if you contacted either of them they'd send a skirt out to you when they come in! :)

If you like sparkle skirts, I just got a custom green plaid skirt that is supposedly going to come out as a stock skirt soon. I assume in time for any St. Patty day races. You could keep an eye out for it as well. I do love that InB one as well though.

Irish%20lass_zpsyugexvqd.jpg

Don't do it! Don't do it!! Look away quick before you get lured in!!! Your pocketbook will thank you. :rolleyes1
MWAHAHAHAHAHAHA
If you like sparkle skirts, I just got a custom green plaid skirt that is supposedly going to come out as a stock skirt soon. I assume in time for any St. Patty day races. You could keep an eye out for it as well. I do love that InB one as well though.

Irish%20lass_zpsyugexvqd.jpg
So cute...I didn't know this one was going to be open stock!

BACK 2 Good - Week 5 progress update

Monday: lifting today! I bumped up some of my weights, including my leg exercises, and I could feel a bit of soreness in my calf. Nothing terrible but I was a little surprised by it - I think it's partially due to the upped weights and partially due to my not being quite as diligent with my exercises over the weekends. :guilty: I just forget to do them, so I need to get better about that. BUT - today's triumph was that I did downward-facing dog after my first round of back exercises! The last time I tried this yoga pose (2-3 weeks ago) I thought I'd seriously injured my calf, but today I could do it. I still have my left leg bent a bit, but still!

Tuesday: 2 pieces of good news today...but I will warn you: one of my pieces of good news is a little gross. So if you are grossed out easily, skip to the second piece of good news. :)

Good news #1 (WARNING: in my opinion, even more gross than the bad news above): I got a new locker in the rec center locker room! There are daily use lockers and lockers you can rent out - if you rent a locker you can leave stuff overnight, which is nice. I've worked here since 2008 and have been using the rec center the entire time and have been using the daily use lockers up until May, when I finally decided to try renting a locker ($60 for the year) - super nice not to have to take all of my stuff home, and for $5 per month, it seems worthwhile to me. There are different-sized lockers and initially I was hoping for a bigger one, but one wasn't available at the time, so I took my smaller one and it's been fine...but then Ol' Footshaver (as I call her in my head) began to show up. She is a lady that comes to the rec center at the same time I do (in the AM) once or twice a week, and she has some...interesting habits. She clips her nails and uses a pumice stone on the bottom of her feet to file off dead skin after she showers - right there in the middle of the locker room. And she doesn't clean up after herself! :mad: She just lets everything - nail clippings and dead skin - go right on the floor. Not only is this the most disgusting thing I have ever seen someone do in the locker room (seriously...I'm making every effort to keep from gagging just writing about it), but I also think it's crazy, crazy rude and inconsiderate, both toward all the rest of us that share that space with her, and toward the janitorial crew that has to come in later to clean up after us. And of course...the location she picks to do this stuff is right by my (now former) locker. EVERY SINGLE TIME. In fact, last week I came into the locker room and she just so happened to be sitting down smack dab in front of my locker. :furious: ARRRRRGGGGG. So then yesterday as I went to grab a towel it occurred to me that some of the bigger lockers on the other side of the locker room didn't have locks on them, and since Ol' Footshaver seems to like to stick to that one row of lockers...maybe I could just move. So that's what I did - I gain about 4 square feet of space in my new spot (doesn't sound like much, but hey - every little bit helps) and I don't need to see that nastiness first thing in the morning. I still feel bad for the janitorial staff, though...maybe I need to call in an anonymous tip or something. :scratchin ANYWAY...can you tell that I needed to vent about that?? Sorry for such a gross story!

Good news #2 (not gross): good walk today! :) I went 1.55 miles in a little over 28 minutes. Zero stiffness in my lower calf and only minimal pain. At one point my left foot felt super stiff (which I would say right now is my biggest issue with this whole nerve thing - it's less about the pain anymore, and more about the stiffness and the feeling that my calf doesn't picking up my foot the way it should), and then it cracked (without my trying to make it crack, it just happened) and it did feel a little better, so hopefully that stiffness will continue to work itself out.

Wednesday: Lifting went well today - deadlifts were in the plan again, and those still don't feel totally good, but at least I can do them. Bending forward with straight legs just continues to not feel great, but I think it's slowly getting better - it's now a PT exercise I do instead of sitting in a chair and bending forward (I only do this one a couple of times per day). Also, I totally wasn't thinking and walked to my old locker and got confused when I didn't see the lock there...I wonder how many times I'll do that.

I'm starting to dread my planned 28-minute walk + fartleks on Saturday...the forecasted high temperature is 8 degrees! :eek: It's way easier to do the fartleks outside than it is on a treadmill, so I guess I'll just really have to bundle up a ton...I don't think I'd mind it as much if I was running, since I would warm up more, but walking will be tough! Maybe I'll wimp out and figure out a way to make it work indoors.

And lastly - the preview of the Princess Half Marathon merchandise was posted. This race weekend-related event actually DID NOT make me sad like the waivers release did - I just really don't care for the merchandise this year. :confused3 I thought it would be all Little Mermaid-related, but it's not! I do like the Glass Slipper Challenge long-sleeved hoodie though.

I'm glad that Princess Weekend will be over in 1.5 short weeks and I won't have to be bummed about missing it anymore! :) And you all won't have to read my whining about it, so that's a plus too. :teeth:

Thursday: 28-minute walk on the treadmill today. I went a few extra seconds to make it to 1.55 miles. This was the best walk I have had yet - almost zero pain and pretty much zero stiffness. My leg still feels different, but it didn't really bother me during the walk, if that makes sense. There was someone on the treadmill next to me that was just cruising along running, maybe at an 8:00/mile pace or so, and MAN was I jealous of her. She just looked so strong and awesome...I am really looking forward to getting back to that at some point (though...not at an 8:00/mile pace. That would be awesome but I didn't even come close to that pace when I was in way better shape!!).

Friday: lifting today. It went well! Deadlifts felt better and another exercise that was bothering me - dumbbell rows (bending forward to rest my right leg/arm on the bench REALLY hurt my left leg) - didn't hurt at all today. Getting closer!!:yay:

Saturday: rest day today. We met my in-laws for lunch about 1.5 hours away from home and got caught in crazy traffic on the way home - our afternoon was shot. That and the fact that it was 9 degrees out today made me decide to push my fartleking to tomorrow.

I am really, really starting to get excited and anxious to start running again. :) I feel like it's getting closer! I hope so, anyway.

Also, my first very Club INKnBURN item arrived in the mail today - a Pixel Pullover! The pattern is exactly like the shirt I got last week, except it has the club logo. Love it! Even Mr. A said the design is "growing on" him. :)

25027830895_c6524de45a_z.jpg

Speaking of Mr. A...while we were stuck in traffic yesterday I brought up the fact that Wine & Dine registration is coming up. I mentioned earlier in the thread that I'm trying to convince him to do the Princess 10K with me next year, but he's looking at the Jingle Jungle 5K as an alternate possibility (he can't do both). So we talked that out a bit...he's never done a 10K before (he has done 2 5Ks) and is nervous to tackle a new distance, and Jingle Jungle is during Food & Wine, so I think that race has the upper hand right now...we'll see!

Sunday: Fartlek day! Time to layer up like a creep.

24732300940_5cf248cb9b_z.jpg

Temperature was 21 degrees. Long-sleeved shirt under the pullover, regular tights and 2 tech tubes. I think this would have been fine if I was running, but for walking I think I was a little underdressed.

ANYWAY...this went well! I did 10 fartleks...I think. It's possible I did 11, because at one point I couldn't remember if I'd done #3, or if #3 was next...so I just decided #3 was next. Either way, I did at least 10. They felt better than last week, even though I still had that "dragging my leg" feeling going on.

24397218334_68d53c9b44_z.jpg

After the farleks, I walked for a bit...and then I went off-script. Such a rebel! For the last 6 minutes, I ran for 10 seconds and walked for 50 seconds. I'm thinking that when I start *really* training again (CAN'T WAIT!!) I'll start with this run/walk interval and build from there...and I couldn't resist trying it out today.

Here are the results! This went REALLY well. The slower running intervals felt way more natural than the faster fartleks did, and even though they were just 10-second bursts, I'm pleased that I was right around 10:00/mile for the running portions, and that that speed felt good to me. :) It actually felt like I was *really* running again for the first time in almost exactly 2 months.
24910215432_cff249fae6_z.jpg

So that's it for this week. I'm planning on 30-minute walks on Tuesday and Thursday, but I'm undecided on what I want to do for my weekend walk - maybe walk for the first half and then do :10/:50 intervals for the second half? Something like that.

Also...this is how we do February 14th in my house. Happy Valentine's Day!
24397218974_e49b59c638_z.jpg

Continued in Next Post

Last edited:

So cute...I didn't know this one was going to be open stock!
yeah, I read it in our custom group, but then heard it wouldn't be available until after St. Patty's Day. I guess they are too backed up. That's a bummer and I bet they are bummed because they are missing a prime opportunity to sell these.

Major yuck on that lady in your locker room. :sad2: How gross. I'm glad you were able to move lockers though and escape all her droppings.

LOVING your update. That sounds like great progress!!! And, you are a rebel indeed!! Tsk. Tsk. :D But really that is so encouraging that you are feeling better while running and that clearly the pain is getting better all the time. I'll be so happy for you when you can get back to a normal running routine. I'm glad for you too that Princess will be over soon. But, it does sound like you are in a better place with it all. Helps that most of the merchandise doesn't appeal that much too. ;)

It certainly sounds like the Jingle Jungle 5K has the inside track for Mr. A. I'm glad he is considering running it with you. Is that the one he ran with you once before?

The pixel pullover is awesome and I love the explosion of color you have going on in your run selfie. It helps make getting out in that bitter cold a little easier. And, :wave: to Archie!!!

I'm just going to say it ... I don't understand some of the things people do in public. Some things should be done in the privacy of your own home. A locker room is public space, and there is some grooming that should not happen there.
I'm glad you were able to get a new locker farther away from this situation ... and extra space is always nice :)

I love reading that your walks and fartleks are going well! It definitely sounds like you're making some great progress, and I think that you're in a good position to (slowly) start running again soon!

yeah, I read it in our custom group, but then heard it wouldn't be available until after St. Patty's Day. I guess they are too backed up. That's a bummer and I bet they are bummed because they are missing a prime opportunity to sell these.
Hmm, so did you still have to pay the custom group prices?

Princess is always a pretty busy time for them, it seems. They have been cranking out the skirts lately!

Major yuck on that lady in your locker room. :sad2: How gross. I'm glad you were able to move lockers though and escape all her droppings.
AHHH I know! I can't believe I wrote about that here, but like I said, I think I needed to vent!

"Her droppings" made me LOL! So gross!!
LOVING your update. That sounds like great progress!!! And, you are a rebel indeed!! Tsk. Tsk. :D But really that is so encouraging that you are feeling better while running and that clearly the pain is getting better all the time. I'll be so happy for you when you can get back to a normal running routine. I'm glad for you too that Princess will be over soon. But, it does sound like you are in a better place with it all. Helps that most of the merchandise doesn't appeal that much too. ;)
:) I am really encouraged by how it went yesterday! I am SO looking forward to getting back to the routine...starting to really feel jiggly (really I'm surprised it's taken this long) and I don't like it! I think it'll help me out a lot mentally too.

Yeah, I'm normally not a fan of the Princess or Tink merch...this year is no different. :confused3 :P
It certainly sounds like the Jingle Jungle 5K has the inside track for Mr. A. I'm glad he is considering running it with you. Is that the one he ran with you once before?
Yep, we did that one in 2013. I like that race but I'm wondering how far along Animal Kingdom will be this year...when I did the race in 2014 there were walls everywhere, which was a little jarring.
The pixel pullover is awesome and I love the explosion of color you have going on in your run selfie. It helps make getting out in that bitter cold a little easier. And, :wave: to Archie!!!
Yes, it totally does! And I did have to do some of my running in the street since the sidewalks were snowy, so at least I knew cars could easily see me. :)

Archie says "hey." :wave: He's not really a fan of selfies!
I'm just going to say it ... I don't understand some of the things people do in public. Some things should be done in the privacy of your own home. A locker room is public space, and there is some grooming that should not happen there.
Seriously, I just do not understand why she thinks it's okay to do that! She's done it before while holding down a conversation with someone else, and the other person didn't bat an eye, so it was making me wonder if I was the weird one...BLECH!!
I'm glad you were able to get a new locker farther away from this situation ... and extra space is always nice :)
Yes, I am definitely a fan of the new space! :) It's made my mornings way better already!
I love reading that your walks and fartleks are going well! It definitely sounds like you're making some great progress, and I think that you're in a good position to (slowly) start running again soon!
I hope so!! I have a training plan all written out and I have a (sort of) road map for slowly increasing my intervals...just waiting for a *sign* or something that it's okay to start up again, I guess. :confused3 Probably best to wait for my next follow-up, I guess. :rolleyes1

Thank god the "droppings" ended up not being what I thought they were going to be. But on the flip-side...still EEWWWWWW. That is not okay and I would definitely send an anonymous note to the gym (mostly because I am non-confrontational but it's not fair to have to endure that grossness if you are paying money to be there.)

We have a woman that most weeknights is post-showered standing in front of the main mirror with all her makeup and hair dryer and hair iron, etc spread out and she's getting ready (I assume she works at night which is fine), but after my 30-60 min workout she usually is still getting ready by the time I get back into the locker room. I understand that not everyone can go back home after the gym before they need to be somewhere else but I feel bad for anyone else who would like to use the main mirror...like at all!!..during that time. The whole ledge is always full of her stuff. I just wonder.

Thank god the "droppings" ended up not being what I thought they were going to be. But on the flip-side...still EEWWWWWW. That is not okay and I would definitely send an anonymous note to the gym (mostly because I am non-confrontational but it's not fair to have to endure that grossness if you are paying money to be there.)
I'm really thinking about dropping a note or something. Mostly I feel bad for the janitorial staff! People are SO inconsiderate - some mornings I come in and there are towels left on benches and powder make-up on the counters. Just clean up after yourselves, people!! I'm sure they don't leave messes like that in their own homes, so why is it okay to do it here??
We have a woman that most weeknights is post-showered standing in front of the main mirror with all her makeup and hair dryer and hair iron, etc spread out and she's getting ready (I assume she works at night which is fine), but after my 30-60 min workout she usually is still getting ready by the time I get back into the locker room. I understand that not everyone can go back home after the gym before they need to be somewhere else but I feel bad for anyone else who would like to use the main mirror...like at all!!..during that time. The whole ledge is always full of her stuff. I just wonder.
:rolleyes2 RUDE. Space sharing isn't an issue in my locker room, I would be so annoyed by one person taking up the entire mirror!

HEY :wave:

I'm all caught up! I had to take a post disney trip leave of absence due to seriously bad disney blues and other life dramas... I'm so happy that you have made all this progress!!

Tehehehe fartleks!!! I'm so mature...

SO MUCH INK BURN!!!! I'm a Star Wars fan so I'm super jealous of those BB8 tops, it's crazy though how much $$$ something limited edition star wars can fetch!

Wine & Dine 2016..... that would awesome... Aaaaaaaaaah so jealous!! I had crazy ideas to go this year but it's just not feasible, particular in light of recent life events but there is no telling what Disney blues can make you do!!

YUCK YUCK YUCK to that weird foot woman.... UGH!!!!!!

Enjoying following along as always, love all the rants so please continue to not hold back haha

Very belated reply!

Running break is a good call...I was definitely in a funk after Dopey. I probably should have just taken a few weeks off altogether!

I'm still on break.... :confused3
I feel like tomorrow could be the day I get back into action, it's sign up day for the Paris Half

I have a (Disney-related) medal rack that I use to display my bling...I'll have to post a picture! :)

Oh yes please!!

OMG...if there had been an Ursula medal, I would have made it happen somehow. :eek: Good thing there isn't one!!

And the merch is meh... remember this!

Yay! Do you love it? I have a Disneyana wallet...it's the Disenyland print. It's so cute! :)

I do love it!! BUT I just got reminded of something I had read before when catching up on your posts.... You had said before that the newer versions were not as good quality AND I ended up returning mine for a replacement when it got a loose thread... luckily I was still at Disney so easily replaced (and I got to take a shiny new one home) but that is the most money I spent on a bag ever and it sucked that I needed to do that...

I may have another Dooney update here soon...:teeth: :faint:

Loved the update on the Dooney bags... SWOOOOON!!!

Okay, so you know what I'm talking about then - that kind of injury freakout with a race or races coming up is NOT fun!

No it's not at all... I know you're suffering with race weekend envy now but at least you know you did the right thing and saved yourself a lot of stress

Thanks! :) Yeah, I'm trying my best! I don't think I'd be able to get anything done if I didn't get a chunk of it out of the way in the mornings before work...making the switch from evening to morning workouts was huge for me!

It's funny my sister was saying to me while I was back home for a few days that she's been staying up really late lately in the evenings and it was unusual and it was only later on she realised that it's because we're not running and there's no crazy early mornings any more!
Early morning is the better choice I think, my plan is to stick to mornings for my Paris training.

I said something along those lines to Mr. A the other day - I need a new hobby! I'm having trouble coming up with anything...maybe I need to research some good books to read, or something like that.

I did a cross stitch like an old granny for my boyf for valentines... It turned out really well but we both found it hilarious in a way too haha

HEY :wave:
I'm all caught up! I had to take a post disney trip leave of absence due to seriously bad disney blues and other life dramas... I'm so happy that you have made all this progress!!
I have been there - Disney blues combined with post-Dopey blues are the WORST. I hope everything is getting better for you!!
Tehehehe fartleks!!! I'm so mature...
:rotfl2: SAME. I get more amusement than I should out of telling Mr. A that "I'm going to fartlek now." Too funny!
SO MUCH INK BURN!!!! I'm a Star Wars fan so I'm super jealous of those BB8 tops, it's crazy though how much $$$ something limited edition star wars can fetch!
ALLLL OF THE INKnBURN!!

Really though, those BB8 tops have been going for, like, $150 on eBay! It's crazy! :eek:
Wine & Dine 2016..... that would awesome... Aaaaaaaaaah so jealous!! I had crazy ideas to go this year but it's just not feasible, particular in light of recent life events but there is no telling what Disney blues can make you do!!
I'm sorry to hear that life is not cooperating with you right now. :hug: I hope it gets better!
YUCK YUCK YUCK to that weird foot woman.... UGH!!!!!!
Right??! So gross!
Enjoying following along as always, love all the rants so please continue to not hold back haha
Haha, thanks...I'll keep that in mind! ;)

**TRIP PLANNING**

2016 Tinker Bell Half Marathon Weekend

Alright...so today is actually the day I was supposed to leave for Princess Half weekend, and obviously that is not happening this year. :( So to distract myself from that, it's time to focus on upcoming runDisney trips that are actually still happening - 5 of them, if all goes according to plan! :teeth:

Up first - this year's Tinker Bell Half Marathon Weekend trip with my mom! I'm currently registered for the Never Land 5K and the Pixie Dust Challenge, and mom is registered for the 5K (her first runDisney race!!). I'm planning on deferring the PDC (I'm feeling MUCH better with my injury, but I just do not have enough time to train for it!) and am hoping to complete the 5K!

TICKETS

Boom. Man I love this thing!

21096983500_5265011469_z.jpg

My mom will need a 3-day hopper (although she has mentioned possibly renting a car to "check out the surrounding area...WUT :eek:). So that'll have to be purchased at some point...I have been reading rumors that a ticket price increase is expected soon, so I hope she gets her tickets before that happens! :eek:

FLIGHTS

Once I was safely registered for these races, I wasted no time in jumping online and booking my flights. The times were as good as I could expect flying from Ohio to California and back, so I wanted to make sure to lock them in.
Going there: my flight is direct :banana:, leaving at 8:30AM EST on Thursday, May 5. Landing at LAX at 10:28AM PST. I'm most likely going to use SuperShuttle after having a pretty good experience with them in September for Disneyland Half weekend, so that'll be about $35 RT. I'm hoping to be at my hotel by 12:30ish...which means after hitting the expo (which will hopefully be quick), I'll have all day in the parks! Or who knows...maybe I'll head straight to the parks after checking in and pick up my stuff at the expo later. :)

21285083145_1d40652c8f_z.jpg

Coming home: this is WAY less ideal. Originally I booked a direct flight, but then freaking United changed it - now I lay over in Chicago. :mad: I am non-too-pleased with the change, but the only direct option I see available from them leaves California at 10PM and lands at 6AM EST. I'm planning on going to work the day after the trip ends, so that's just not gonna work! :mad: BOOOO UNITED!!

I’ll have to pay baggage fees ($25 for the first bag, $35 for a second I think? For just a weekend trip one bag will be plenty). But that's okay, because these flights were F-R-E-E FREE! Thank you credit card rewards points! :teeth:

**FREE!**

21096984540_5cce55d746_z.jpg

RESORT

Originally I did the responsible thing and booked a room off-site at the Fairfield Inn, to save some cash. ORIGINALLY that was the plan...:scratchin

When I went to Disneyland in September I decided that I really, really liked staying onsite. Yes, I know some off-site places are just as close, if not closer...but I like my Disney bubble. I'm a sucker, it's cool. Right there on the spot (eating at Naples, actually) I emailed my TA friend to see if there was a room at Paradise Pier for Tink weekend. And there WAS NOT! It was booked solid! In September! (Since then I have heard that there are rooms at Paradise Pier available through runDisney, but I don't want to cancel on my TA friend!)

So I changed gears and asked about the Disneyland Hotel - and there was availability, so I grabbed it! #treatyoself

21285144705_4ca8c3b165_z.jpg

My mom will pay some of the cost, so that'll help. Along with the fact that I didn't pay for my flights, and I KNOW I will buy hardly any merch (because 1.) I deferred the challenge races, and 2.) hello: TINK! :crazy2 My not really wanting any merch is another reason why I may put the expo off until later in the evening on Day 1 - no point in fighting the earlier crowds if I'm not going for merch), I'm okay with the switch even though it's costly. Wait, that's not right - I'm EXCITED for the switch, except that it's costly. ::yes:: Hopefully an AP discount will come out, but I'm not holding my breath since PPH is totally booked up - I'm guessing Disneyland will see that they don't need to release discounts for that weekend!

But woohoo for easy expo and Trader Sam's access! :) And let's face it - those rooms look awesome and I love the whole vibe of the place. I'm excited!

21285146825_aaabc22102_z.jpg

ADRs

Haven't booked any yet, but I can start in a couple of weeks. I will be booking some, for sure. Napa Rose at some point is a definite. Other than that, I'm not sure what to book just yet...except that I do really like Carnation Cafe for breakfast (apple granola pancakes YUUUMMMMM) so I'll probably grab an ADR there for after the 5K.

YUMMMM

21258972806_52581bd2ff_z.jpg

That's really maybe it for ADRs for this trip! Super unusual for me. Mr. A and I weren't that impressed with Disneyland's Table Service on our last trip, so this may be a good opportunity to seek out some good Quick Service options. Though I could see us having dinner or brunch at Steakhouse 55 at some point since it's right there in our hotel...

To-do list:

- Book SuperShuttle (I'll wait awhile on this one since I know United continue to freaking adjust flight times :mad:)

- Decide on ADRs and start making them at the 60-day mark
- Decide what to wear for the 5K (I had an outfit picked out, but now I think I want to save it for next year)

This will be Disneyland trip #4 for me and #2 for my mom - I thought it was #3 and #1 for us, respectively, but my mom reminded me that she took me there when I was 17 months old (she says she has some pictures from it, so I need to see those, like, immediately)! She's not as into Disney as I am, but I'm hoping she'll have a good time - in the parks, at the resort, and during the race. I mean...I AM going to be heading back for this weekend next year, so I'll need a travel buddy again. :) I actually mentioned that to her via text message and her response was something like "OKAY!!!" so I think she's excited, too!

Continued in Next Post

Last edited:
Yay for trip planning!

Even though you deferred the PDC it's nice you still get to do the 5K and with your mom!

That sucks that they put in a layover but awesome for free flights!

I've never been to Disneyland, hopefully some day soon. Awesome that you are staying at the Disneyland hotel.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter